Fungal Flowering Tea Results / PIC

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Hi GC organic growers. I wanted to post a pic of a couple of my girls and their reaction to their watering this morning with a fungal flowering tea I brewed.

I used my home made 3 gallon aerated brewer, and added 4 tbsps of liquid hydrolyzed fish fertilizer, 4 tbsps EWC, 4 tbsps Dr.Earth Bud and Bloom Fertilizer , and 1 tbsp molasses. I brewed the tea for 18 hours and diluted finished tea 3:1 with water.

This morning my three MTF girls were due for a soaking, and I drenched them good. They are in 7 ga Smart Pots, so they usually need about 1.5 gallons to fully hydrate. They are on day 17 of flowering from the start of 12/12.

When I went out to check on them this afternoon, they had shot up an inch or two and the bud leaves were pointing skyward. The two plants in the background got the tea, while the plant in the foreground did not.

It's important to note the importance of fungal teas. especially during the flowering phase. Fungal microbes play a major role in the uptake of phosphorus, as well as allowing the pH to shift to make the other micro nutrients available. My well water is 7.4 pH, but my runoff is 6.3-6.4pH.

For those of you interested in organic gardening......research microbial teas, both fungal and bacterial. AACT's (actively aerated compost teas) are vital to soil health, and assisting the plant's uptake of all nutrients, both macro and micro.

cheers,
    chunk

MTF...WTF.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Looks awesome! The girls are LOVING it!

3. Thanks Surfr........I just checked them out again this morning, and within an hour of lights on....they've resumed their upward posture.

4. #4 Don Piano, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    If I am not mistaken, the plant pointing up like that coupled with the lighter colored green leaf edges is a request for magnesium. Although I could be seeing the colors wrong. Maybe flash and HPS combined makes it look that way to me. Either way, nice plants.

5. yeah... I would try adding some cal-mag to that tea.

6. I might subscribe to the Mg deficiency if it wouldn't have shown immediately after watering....the tea was made with components that contain Mg. such as molasses and kelp meal.

I'll keep an eye on them......I'm thinkin' they're happy as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  7. :) Just so you know it was this post that got my ass into gear to get the stuff to make my tea with :) (air pump etc...).

8. :hello:haha those ladies are reaching for the heavens

9. me too. chunkdad ftw

10. is there any down side to letting the tea brew for a longer period of time?

and what about alaskan fish emulsion, could this also be put in the tea?

11. and me makes three! QFMFT!

12. #12 Chunk, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    The main reason to use the tea within 18-24 hours is that the microbes will exhaust the food supply and begin to die and/or begin to go anaerobic. You can add more food(molasses or seed/grain/kelp meal), but it can upset the diversity of the tea.

Once the aeration stops, the microbes have about a 6 hour window before they begin to die off, so it's important to use what you've made pretty quick. You can save the leftovers and use as a soil drench, but the microbe count will be down or non-existent. There will be nutrients, minerals etc. in the leftover, so it will be a mild fertilizer.

Alaskan (fish emulsions) are not optimal for teas. Here is a brief rundown of the benefits of hydrolyzed fish fertilizers over emulsions. Emulsions work okay for a stand alone fertilizer, but they are heat processed. This kills enzymes, which are the catalyst for the teas. Fish hydrolysates are cold processed and retain the enzymes, amino acids, hormones, and vitamins that make them a more complete food/additive in AACT's.

If you can find Neptune's Harvest, Drammatic or any hydrolyzed fish fertilizer, you are going to see better results.

Glad to help you guys out........good luck with your tea. BTW, I'm trying to find an ACT article I read recently that is highly informative, I'll post it up when I track it down.

chunk

13. Wow, those look really great! I'll have to try that recipe sometime. I've heard a lot about using molasses too.

14. Nice job Chunkdaddyo =)

How often are you applying your tea? Also, are you feeding with anything else?

15. Thanks J-dubb........I use molasses in my teas as a food source for the microbes, but use it sparingly while watering.

In a microbe rich soil that has been amended with organic fertilizers such as the seed and kelp meals, blood meal, bone meal,soft rock phosphate and/or high phosphorus bat guano, earth worm castings and etc.....it is possible to over use molasses.

Molasses helps AACT's to explode with microbes while brewing.There is a complex biological relationship in the Rhizosphere, and the microbes play a vital part.........The plant's roots release proteins and sugars which the bacterial and fungal microbes use for specific functions.

IMO adding TOO much molasses, can upset this delicate biology, and throw the natural balance out of whack.

Thanks Blaze 21.........I use 1 tsp/gal in my teas, which I use 3-4 times throughout the entire grow, and I will only use 1 tsp/gal in water 1-2 times in the last 3 weeks of flowering.

Besides the food/fertilizer I put in my soils, I'm using BMO half strength every watering. I'm using more nutes, because I'm using co2..........with co2 the plants metabolize more. The combination of the food in the soil, the microbial teas and the BMO nutes seems to be making my plants happy, and I haven't had any burning, or pH issues.

Take care guys........chunk

16. Good stuff Chunk.... I'll have to try this out when I'm in flower. I will probably dilute it down a bit more, unless my soil looks like its getting depleted, have a lil minor burn on a few tips.

17. Just to clarify: You are using 1 tsp/gal of molasses in your tea, or 1 tsp/gal of tea in your water?

18. ! tsp per gallon of tea..........and 1 tsp per gallon in water but only once or twice in the last three weeks.

19. i higly doubt it would be toxic, however, an airstone into a GB would just add more air to the chamber thus giving you a weaker hit

20. whats the fungal part of the tea? ha
    im not a soil grower(first grow was but not since used organic nutes tho!) but always interested in anyway of growing, a few friends use soil im going to have them check this out i dought theyve done anything like this.