Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. "i owe, i owe, off to work i go"

You and me both - sounds like you need a COLA - (Cost Of Living Adjustment) lol

J

2. And my colas are definitely my friends, until I chop em up and burn them to the gods.

PEACe

3. LOL

Neem teabaggin'? ;)

5. #6565 AugustWest, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    got some seeds in the mail.. way too early to be getting excited about veggie season, but i can't help it :p
    those are my yearly must haves.. usually buy tomatoes and stuff from the organic farm up the road, they have great heirloom plants for like $1-$3 each..

seeds_0.jpg

seeds_1.jpg

seeds_2.jpg

Hmmmm, I know where I'm going and what I'll be doing at harvest time this year :laughing:  :poke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBP7jPFtmRk

7. #6567 AugustWest, Jan 29, 2014

:laughing:

man i have great luck w/ these blacktail mtn melons.
    really good for short seasons and cold nights..

:yummy:

melon1.jpg

lotsa work to do out there this spring.. didn't run a garden last year so it all went to weeds. Chopped them all down, covered it in sheets of cardboard and like 5' of leaves on top of that.. we'll see what it's looking like when the snow melts.

Really 5 feet of leaves. That's awesome you got so much leaves around. Thinking about doing some leaf mold compost?

I bet you meant 5" of leaves. :p

9. #6569 AugustWest, Jan 29, 2014

:laughing:

i have a pretty big yard and lots of maple trees.. and told the kids that do the leaves to blow some into the veggie garden for me..
    so they blew ALL OF THEM in there lol.. every fucking leaf in my yard is in there :p

at first they were all the way to the top of the fence.. now that the rain and snow happened it's probably more of a 3-4' pile or so.

i need to do some reading about the leaf mold.. jerry has me intrigued to say the least. Need to get my feet wet with the basics first i think.

I've got 3 at least 80' maples around my yard and some leaves that fall are 1' across but I only get about an inch worth covering my yard. I mow them into a circle like Jerry does to mulch them up. I used them to build my compost pile. I wish I had 5' of them. I would have to buy a tractor like Jerry though to build my compost piles if I did.

crazy how these maples take their time shedding the leaves.. some of mine were covered in leaves in mid November.

when i say 5' pile, that's in a 24'x24' fenced in area.. not that large of a space.

12. anyone have experience growing large plants indoors horizontally? i was thinking of running my clones horizontal across some 2"x2" mesh screen, scrog i guess you would call it. thought maybe i could veg them until they're 5 foot and then flower with a 2-3 x stretch possible. end up with 10-12 foot plants. i only have 6 feet of head space in my grow room so that's why i would give it a go.

13. [quote name="Al Swearengen" post="19430889" timestamp="1391034558"]anyone have experience growing large plants indoors horizontally? i was thinking of running my clones horizontal across some 2"x2" mesh screen, scrog i guess you would call it. thought maybe i could veg them until they're 5 foot and then flower with a 2-3 x stretch possible. end up with 10-12 foot plants. i only have 6 feet of head space in my grow room so that's why i would give it a go.[/quote]I have done this without the screen. Top and train bend and tie till your plants fill your area then flip to flower. I usually end up with 2ft x 2ft and less than a ft tall plants to go into flower.http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1269823-This-old-Hippies-Organic-Garden.This old Hippies Organic Garden.

14. that sounds cool Marv. thought i would run it sideways without any pruning, train the main stem along the screen and let the branches grow straight up until i get maybe 5-6 feet down and then flip them to flower. i would essentially be growing them sideways like a vine.

my goal is to allow my sativas to mature without pruning, let them grow out a bit ending up perhaps 10-12 feet long and maybe see some larger colas with better light coverage. this way i would have 100% of the canopy under the same intensity of light, top, sides and lower branches would all get the same intensity and hopefully reward me for it. :)

i'm sure many have tried it before, just not i.

15. #6576 AugustWest, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014

haven't done it with 5 footers.. but have with 3+ - 4 footers or so in the past.
    i just carefully put the screen right over the top of them and did my best to spread the tops around.

View attachment 128979
    View attachment 128980
    View attachment 128981
    View attachment 128982
    View attachment 128983
    View attachment 128914
    <div> 

</div>

16. that looks nice bro, iv'e done that before see of green style and enjoyed it. what i'm looking at is growing 2 large plants like a vine along a trellis so to speak. they would cover an area 3 feet wide and 10 feet long, ultimately.

picture taking a trellis and laying it sideways, about 2 feet off the ground and training your plant sideways along that, until it's close to the end then flowering, kind of thing.

17. #6578 AugustWest, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014

gotchya (i think lol)
    thought you were talking about a more traditional scrog..

18. Damn, AW that looks awesome...

19. Amazing results AW.

HaGGarD