Cassadagas Perpetual(ish) Scrog(ish) G-Log

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 6raygp, Dec 10, 2012.

1. #1 6raygp, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    Welcome to my garden :] I appreciate all criticism to come.

The "dirt"
    1 Part Kellogs Patio Plus
    1 Part Perlite
    1 Part Coco
    1 Part Homemade compost(ewc to come soon :])

ammended with
    [​IMG]
    Dr Earth Bud n' Bloom
    [​IMG]Kellog Tomato/Veg
    [​IMG]

I also will be utilizing

Comfrey Tea(twice during flower around week 3-5)
    vermi - AACT
    Nettle Tea

Genetics:
    DNA - Kushberry
    Afgan x White Widow
    Primera Reserva - OG#18
    Dinafem - Amnesia
    [​IMG]

Also running but not mothering
    Chem Dog(bag seed)
    ChurchKush(local dispensary clone)

Theyre getting a little out of hand, I plan on cutting them back but im not so sure how to do so yet. (how much, how often ect.)

Lighting:
    VEG:
    125w 6700k cfl
    4x 23w 6700k cfl

Flower
    HTG Cheapo 250w hps
    3x 23w 6700k cfl
    1 68w 2700k cfl
    1 26w uvb 10.0 cfl(on a seperate timer for 4 hours during the middle of the day)
    [​IMG]

The Plan
    Put 1 Plant in flowering and cut one plant down every week :hello::hello::hello:
    I strayed away from the scrog for a bit on a few plants because i couldnt veg them long enough to reach the screen and still stay on schedule

Attached Files:

2. Let me be the first to say nice plants. And I never thought of using k'nex for a scrog before I suppose it is one way to get the kids involved lol

3. Why thanks sir. And yeah k'nex are the "ish", anything grows in a weird way you just build your self something to trap it under :p. My short coming was switching into flowering wayyyy to early....

4. At least you Know next time to veg a bit longer, they look nice and healthy tho good luck with the rest of the grow looking forward to updates

5. #5 6raygp, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    So I have a few questions for you guys GC

1. How far can I cut back my mothers with out stressing them to much? Theyre reaching the lights soon :(

2. Do I Have Enough Light?

3. Neither of my tents have a cirulation fan, but both have an exhaust fan. How bad do I actually need a cirulation fan? I figure since im scrogging i dont need strong stems :p

4. My HPS Bulb is about 7 grows deep now.... and its a POS. I want to get a new bulb, Any sugggestions? (250hps)

5. Also how often should i add humic acid?

6. Im thinking about adding a worm bin in my veg tent(to hot and to cold outside for worms).... any reason not to?

6. Hi Susan,

Welcome to GC. I'm going to move your journal to Organic Grow Journals where it belongs. Hope you're enjoying your experience here.

Cheers,

Chunk

7. Hopefully you've experienced mold before. Go buy a oscillating or 1 box fan at least

Umm bigger stems = more bud?

not sure what your goals are, besides a quality smoke

8. Hope this helps.

9. #9 6raygp, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    I dont need any cuttings for about 4 weeks :/ I think im gonna try and just cut one mother back as an expiriment(I already have a baby clone of all mothers if anything bad happens)

So I should probably invest in cirulation fans before a new hps bulb then huh? Moneys tight so i cant grab much at once :/

Im definatly gonna look into the plantmax thou.

I use 1-3ml of humic acid per gallon to leech the clormine out of the water before i water is that to much?

Below some update pics :wave:
    Just topped the vegging ladies

Attached Files:

10. So its time(early time by a few days but i need bho)to cut down the first church.

Ive also noticed I have quite a bit of yellowing of the leaves a bit earlier in flower then id wish.... Comfrey tea here in a few days should fix the n-def thou

Attached Files:

11. Wooops

Attached Files:

12. You can top them now, and 4 weeks later they'll be more than ready again. Usually 1 to 2 weeks is a good buffer, depending on how many cuttings you take.

I would invest in a cheap oscillating fan, or if you don;t have any real means of exhaust/intake then get something rigged. Large PC fans work wonderfully in a small tent, you can even run multiples if needed. Cheap and easy fix for venting issues on a smaller scale.

Bud looks great, although if you want a larger yield check out the HID lights, especially for flowering. $40 for a plantmax HPS bulb, probably cheaper online.

13. #13 6raygp, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
    Both tents are currently hooked up to the same fan running 24/7 and blowing back into my bed room(generally pretty filled with co2 from me or friends) I also leave the window in my room to help controll temprature...

I really need an intake outake system more then anything I feel its safe to say.

Or should i get more light first?

VEG: 24inx48xinx60in

125w 6700k cfl
    4x 23w 6700k cfl

Flower 40inx40inx75in
    HTG Cheapo 250w hps
    3x 23w 6700k cfl
    1 68w 2700k cfl
    1 26w uvb 10.0 cfl(on a seperate timer for 4 hours during the middle of the day)

14. So your veg tent is 40 c.f, and the goal is to exchange the total volume of the air 3 - 5 times a minute. So you would want to find a fan that pushes out at least 120 CFM. Make a 6 inch hole for a passive intake, no fan is needed.

Might as well call the flower tent to be 70 c.f., so you need an exhaust fan that pushes at least 210 CFM, and I would use an 8 inch hole for an intake, although 6 would most likely be fine too.

Reduce the CFM exchange to 1-2 times a minute if adding co2, to keep it from being exchanged out of the room before being used by the plants.

15. I would take care of the exhaust first, then go for the light. If you can, use 2 600w HPS. Heat may become an issue, but proper ventilation should be able to take care of that.

Might be a good idea if you just start with one higher wattage light, then supplement with some cfls.

16. I only have a 165 cfm fan......I didnt realize i was that far behind.....
    Seems I really need to vent it outside I see this as my most limiting factor althou I feel theres fairly high Co2 levels because of the 6 people in my house.

What do you guys think is easier out the window or out the roof?

17. #17 6raygp, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    Some Nugpron from the last church that i pulled next to a tad of tinc
    [​IMG]
    Chem Dogs next up for the chop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Church right up after Chem
    [​IMG]
    I think I need to beef up on fertilizer in my mix i keep getting nitrogen deficiency

Attached Files:

18. Howdy Blades,
    So back at it again with a new fan and light. Got a 600w hps cool tube and a
    6 inch fan that pulls both flowering tent and veg tent with a 6/6/4 split, the 4in goes to veg tent.

I've been having issues with my mix/ladies lately I tested the mix with one of those LusterLeaf RapidTest deals.... and apparently I have surplus of N and P deficancy?
    My soil mix has mostly high P amendments so im very confused about how I have high N
    the only thing i can think of is maybe the cocoa shells i used for aeration

19. :wave:Hi! not to barge in, but the fan mixes up the gases in the air, too - the plants use up the co2 right around the stomas (the air exchange part of the leaf), and needs a little airfow to mix the stale (co2 depleted) air with some fresher air that you brought in with your exhaust fans....at least that is what I have been reading from my grow books. Your plants look great, by the way.

20. Subbed up

I only rock 1 600watt HPS right now and 93watts of veg so don't worry your not the only one that is behind! Looking good you should start messing with SIPs since you have the head room for it.