smoove • organic indoor closet growing

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by smoove, Jun 26, 2010.

1. #1 smoove, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    :smoke:

HELLO GRASSCITY!

Welcome to my Indoor Organic • Closet Grow journal.

[​IMG]

INTRO:

This thread will most likely become an ongoing process, meandering through my various medical marijuana grows, in real time. I've recently completed the construction of a relatively stealth grow cabinet, which was installed into one of the closets of a spare bedroom and will be used strictly as a flowering room.

I live in a Medical Marijuana sanctioned state, am in possession of an active medical marijuana license, and at all times am in complete accordance with the laws set forth and outlined by my state's guidelines. I generously provide care for other MMJ license holders free of charge. I have never sold for profit and never will.

This room will be dedicated strictly to organically cultivated plants using soil as a medium. Strains will vary as will soil compositions and feeding schedules. I'm not an expert in any field related to growing however, I am an astute student of this magnificent plant and am constantly evolving my methods, and learning as much as I can while striving to grow the highest quality herbs I can. I have gathered a wealth of knowledge which has served to cater to my particular growing conditions and environment, so many of the techniques and practices I use may not translate similarly to other peoples grows. Anyways, with so many ways to cultivate this plant and so many environmental factors to account for it's always best to customize a plan specific to your grow.

So while I hope I can pass along some helpful info to others in need, this thread will generally be to document and journal my grow and I apologize in advance to anyone who may stop in looking for specific answers but are unable to find them. Keep searching the city, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Again, Welcome To My Grow & Thanks for Stopping By.

2. #2 smoove, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    :cool:

Here's where all the magic happens.

FLOWER CAB STATS:

Length: 5 feet
    Depth: 2 feet
    Height: 7.25 feet

Light: Ushio 600W Super HPS
    Reflector: 6" CoolTube

Reflective: Mylar

Ventilation Intake: 4X 2" diameter passive intake tubes.
    Ventilation Exhaust: 2X 6" Vortex Inline Fans (variable speed controls) 1 for light cooling and one for cab exhausting. One passes through a carbon filter, both exhaust into the attic.

Odor Control: 1X 6" X 39" Carbon Filter

I have very limited space to use for growing in my house so my goal is to maximize my grow area with the least amount of damage to the existing structure, while concealing as much as possible. Though generally everyone that enters my house could be trusted with the knowledge of my growing, there are times when discretion is absolutely necessary.

I wanted a free standing structure that was completely air and light tight, has access on both sides of the closet and could scale up to handle more light if needed. Also, since I planned on spending a lot of time working in there, I wanted it to look good too!

Here's the space:

Cab closed, closet open:

[​IMG]

Looking in left side:

[​IMG]

Looking in right side:

[​IMG]

Looking up at exhaust:

[​IMG]

Here you can see the cab fits snugly into the closet with access from both sides:

[​IMG]

Let's get growing!!!

3. #3 Chunk, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010

Right on smoove......subscribed!

4. First Indoor Organic Grow started here, count me in! If you get a chance post your soil formula, I for one am interested and I am sure others will be too. Can't wait to see this get started. *Cheers*

5. #5 Green_Hit420, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    Oh shit! Smoove my man, what's up bro! Haven't seen you in a minute. Good to see you back in the mix.Better believe I'm gettin my front row seats right here.I can't wait to see this. Your last grow was EPIC man!!!!! Hands down some of the best herb on the internet, no doubt!!
    Are you gonna be going Soma bed stylee again? Gonna get in depth on the soil mix? I love reading those mad-scientist recipes.LOL

Anyway, +rep if it lets me for the new grow, and be easy brother!:smoking::wave:

EDIT: oh, and you gonna get a new cover photo for this grow? That shit was tight:hello:

6. Subbed, looking forward to more organic grows.

7. Cool! good to see ya in here chunk.

Absolutely, I'll do that Bohbo. I just finished this flower cab yesterday... so I should get things rollin here shortly. Most likely should start around the second week of July.

Yo Green! Been all kinds of busy... you know the drill :p Yes, the pots will be similar to the last one, but smaller with individual plants in them. I got a couple 18 gallon totes, 1 for each plant and yea, as soon as I get things going with the plants I'll break down the soil stats and all that good stuff. It's gonna be a little simpler this time around since I already have a giant trash can of my "Hot" soil mix so it'll just be a matter of bottom layering that stuff with a "Light" mix on top... but I'll get into that later.

Thanks for jumpin' in here and bringin' the good vibes bro. :smoke:

Right on Mr Smoke. Me too.

8. Smoove....Your cab is lookin' killer man!!!! Very cool. I don't think I've seen a grow cab built inside a closet before. Is your 600w light venting through an attic space above your closet? That's kinda what I've got goin' on in my closet. I dig the paint job too man. Very stylish. Can't wait to see the progress and check out some more organic stuff. GL bro!:hello::smoke:

M_c

9. And how the hell did I not see the cabinet before this. Nice work man.

10. Sweet looking grow space smoove.......looks like you're ready to go. Those big ass totes are gonna definitely make for some bushes!

take car,

chunk

11. Thanks M_C! Yea the vents exhaust into the attic. One's scrubbed and one's not. I'm pretty stoked with how the cab turned out... can't wait to fire it up. It's gonna be slow in here for a little bit, but in a couple weeks I'll have some actual grow updates to share.

The smoke must be gettin to you bro! that... or maybe because I just edited the post and added the pics a little bit ago.

12. Yeeeaaahh.. I know it's not the former (sadly); I was just blaming winter malaise and too many late nights :p;)

13. Smoove,

Can't wait to see this one live. I only caught the end of your last...the finest grow I have seen. You are one of the reasons I do not have a grow journal!

Yeah I would really like to learn more about the Soma method. I checked into it when I first came across your grow, but I would like to hear exactly what you did.

Subscribed!

14. #14 smoove, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
    I got some real good stuff that could help you with that problem there s2m. :bongin:

:eek: I really had fun with the last one and thank you... but please!! don't hold back your sharing on my account. My grows have not all ended with the results I was hoping for and I know it's cliche but it's true what they say, everyone's got to start somewhere. So if you have even a slight desire to do something like... grow some sweet sensimilla and start a journal to document that journey... then you should! :smoke:

The soma bed focuses on 2 very simple concepts. 1. Lots of air for the roots 2. Organic composition. I'll make sure to breakdown the entire process when I start making my mix and fire up the cab.

15. Glad to see you back smoove. Everything you have going looks awesome. You are no doubt holder of top honors for grams/watt that I've seen.

The set up is, well, beautiful!

16. I have no doubt you do. Getting it to Australia might be a problem though... :)

Amen to that. I'm finally starting to get into growing, and really looking forward to it.
    It will be outdoors and guerilla, so I'll be focusing on plant self suficiency over outright harvest, due to the irregular water supply. But I have High hopes...:D

17. Welcome Back Smoove, Glad to see you back in the city. I am loving the closet grow my friend. Bob on the front is :metal: and the setup behind him is even better! Just by the looks of your time spent in setup (and past ventures) i know this is going to be an awesome grow. good luck:wave:

18. I'd love to grow outdoors, but unfortunately my climate is not so conducive to growing. It's bone dry and temps have been between 101-106 degrees for 18 days now, probably wont go below 100 until september, and will probably get up to 115 for a few of those days.

Good luck with your guerilla grow, whenever that begins for you.

Thanks Doc. An awesome grow... is the goal :D and it's good to be back, and I can honestly say that after spending some time working on this cab, I have even more respect for the builds some of the guys on here have done.

19. Nice closet man! Very slick shit, flush with the doors and all. My first impression was "dude, what's he thinking! He can never hide that" Then I saw the closet doors.

Kudos on the construction. And the paint job!

Finally an organic growers spot. Rock on!

So here's my question. What's your organic solution to spider mites?

20. Hells yeah, another Smoove journal!

I'm pulling up the armchair for this one.