The GrassCity Experience (calling all musicians)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BigB8140, Dec 7, 2011.

1. #1 BigB8140, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    Ok GC I heard it's been attempted but let's start a band. I think we should start off playing blues due to it's simple drum arraignment and relatively easy chord progressions so. Lay it on us and have fun.
    Even if your instrument is covered already we would love to jam w u. So don't be shy. But we especially need the following:
    Piano player
    Harmonica player
    Singers(if you can I don't want no American idol bloopers in here)

Blades involved so far and the instruments they play:
    Kersplash-guitar
    Nike is cool- drums
    David-guitar
    Bahookahjoe-harp and guitar
    Sunnyjim-guitar
    Cheezdout-drums
    Milehighrudeboy-horns
    Badhabit-bass

Base track:http://soundcloud.com/badhabitgc/gc-collab-base-track-update-by

General plan:
    Key:E
    Track running time: 7:07
    E. Rhythm-shuffle through out
    A. Rhythm-7th chords on change
    Bass-copy rhythm
    Piano-solo untill the first turnaround then copy rhythm
    Drums-slowly untill the first turnaround then crescendo at turnaround.
    Leads-solo play simple turn around we also need to decide on the time to lull and play rhythm for the horns.
    Horns- play the same as the rhythm guitar embelish bluesy fills on the turnarounds.
    Lead-

2. i am gonna work on a simple blues rhythm track. i will upload it, then i will record a lead track to it and upload that as well. i say we all solo for 2 go rounds.

3. Ok sounds good I cant record untill tm.

4. I wonder where the drummers at! I know they Gota have some.

5. im gonna change it to 4 go rounds

6. i'll get in on this tm too when you put that up.. what key we doing??

7. I'm going on threads about drummers and bassist and recruit some band members.

8. #8 Kersplash, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  9. Nice lil shuffle man. I'm goin to fuck with it today. I'm going to try to find a drummer to put a lil something on it.

10. How do we add to it?

11. I'm definitely down for a little E minor Pentatonic riffage. I just have NO technical knowhow as to getting this shit up.

12. As for the recording techniques just play over the rhythm tracks for now. But I would kinda like to do a full on band at some point.

13. It depends how technical you guys want to get with this, but we have a LOT of opportunity if we can be organized.

I record with this program called Audacity. It's free, and works well enough.

Someone can lay down the first track, and then upload the file to something like mediafire.com, and then someone else can download it and record their track overtop. It will sound really good if we all use headphones, or DirectIn.

So, there's another option :) After every track is recorded it can be uploaded to Soundcloud so we can hear the work in progress :smoke:

You know how this is different from a real life band?

I can't ask you guys to borrow a pick :(

14. im down to throw in a hip hop verse. i use pro-tools

15. Kersplash can you do a lil something in G cuz bazookahjoe has a harp G&C.

16. Dang, this could be so righteous...

17. im getting hyped!:hello:

18. Switch one can you make a drum track for the backing track we have here?

19. all right guys! :D

I've got something recorded, but I've got a problem.

It's storming pretty hard out here. The wind blew a tree down onto a power line, so the power's out. My laptop will die soon, as will the phone from which I am stealing internet service.

I can't wait to get it up though! :D Keep your eyes open for later.