New M.I.A. song banned in the US

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Yourcatdead, Apr 27, 2010.

1. For nudity,violence, and racism:confused:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/11219730]M.I.A, Born Free on Vimeo[/ame]

To me it looks like she is showing how it is in Iraq, because I heard something about some boys have to walk through a field of land mines. Anybody know?

2. Sick track and the video was incredible. Dude by posting this you're gonna be one of these kids on the bus :D. This is about America the police state.

3. LOL banned for racism?

I was just about on the floor when it showed they were discriminating gingers.
    Gingers; of all the ethnicities, right?

I'm assuming it was banned as it doesn't shed a very positive light
    over US enforcement.. to say the least. Of course, that's just my opinion.
    :smoke:

4. I totally agree lol. But when I got a hold of the video it listed the reasons why the US had banned it.

And I'm gonna be on the bus not for only posting it, but because I have red hair:eek:

5. probably the best music video i've ever seen; those 9 minutes told a better story than some full length movies out there

6. I agree. I only heard one song by M.I.A. I doubt any of you have heard it.

It's called Paper Planes. But this song is my second favorite of hers. Only listened to two songs so:hello:

7. Cool video, but i think most stoners here know of Paper Planes. M.I.A. is a cool chick

8. that song was everywhere for like a year lol.

this girl is intense! crazy video. i can see why it would be banned in the US.

9. im a ginger and im sorry, but i couldnt help laughing when i saw the bus full of them haha. I think its funny how people try to discriminate against people that arnt even a race, haha i got so much shit for being ginger when i was younger, but i never gave a fuck i still got some mad pussy(sexy bitches nooo ugly) soooo who cares:rolleyes:

woww a ginger can get pussy?^^^ yess, yes we can:D

10. MIA is my biggest celebrity crush, I would skin hundreds of people alive if it meant I was able to even just get within like 5 feet of her.:D

11. Cool video. Fuck censorship

12. thats fuckin weird haha

13. #13 junkyarddog, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
    That video was EPIC!!
    What do you mean by "banned" in the US? If you mean that it's not getting any airtime on TV well... duh. Even the directors of the video knew that.
    I love how I was like "fuck yeah!!" when they shot the most innocent looking gingy.

14. #14 Yourcatdead, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010

By banned in the US I'm guessing video prohibited from being shown anywhere. Yes that means TV. But I was just copying shit over from another site man, and that's what it said.

I can see the whole song being banned in USA just because the video content, government doesn't want people to know what's actually going on in the world.

15. well i see that it's not on youtube... i wonder how far they are willing to go to censor this and i hope it completely backfires
    i can definitely see this getting a lot of attention and if they're caught trying to cover this up it will be even better

16. Yep, M.I.A. will probably be detained for her actions:rolleyes:

17. lol i hope so...they would only be proving the message of the video

18. oh that was great. thanks for sharing.

19. pshhh lair:)

20. The kid they shot in the head looks just like my nephew, Sean. Ow!