Just watched Battle: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Movies' started by monster90, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Boy that movie was just one big pile of Marine propaganda bullshit.

I liked the CGI and some of the battle scenes were kinda cool.
    But fuck enough with the stupid attempts at being Epic, especially with the whole.

"I lost 17 men and a dog and a cat and several bacon sandwiches on my last tour".

Jeeeeeeeeeez

2. That movie sucked ass imo, I am so glad I didn't pay to see it :D

3. It was a good idea for a movie..but the way they made it just sucked lol.

4. The main guy was still pissed that he played Harvey Dent instead of Batman so in an attempt to show the movie producers he should have been Bruce Wayne he acted like Batman the entire movie.

5. I literally just finished watching the movie, I thought it was an excellent movie, was gonna make a thread about it but searched and found this one. It had a good story line and good actors. I have always loved war type movies and love the Marines/Navy/Army in general. Coming out of high school I was suppose to go into the Marines but I didn't get accepted because of a shoulder injury I had a while back.

6. i seen it too bruh.

it was aiite..

needed more koo action..

hated all that dramatic shiznitt tho.

7. seemed like a desensitization movie just like 2012 imo

i never saw it though, doubt I ever will

8. ehh, I liked it. But I see a ton of movies so my scale is a little off. I see a lot of crappy movies... Today I saw about 30 minutes of Starship Troopers 3.... that movie looked like it had less than a 100,000 dollar budget...

I didn't mind the marine propaganda. I like war movies, and most war movies can be boiled down to Military propaganda.

I liked the Blackhawk down feel of it. I liked the house to house feel of them fighting the aliens.

What I didn't like is the thrown in sentimental crap.. them being stuck with the civilians. Some of the dialogue and acting was horrible by minor characters.

If they had cut out the civilian bullshit, just stripped it down and made it a hardcore alien war movie it could have been a lot better.

Plus.... the holes in the plot are big enough to drive a train through..... The aliens travel billions/trillions of miles through space... which requires sometype of knowledge of flight... yet our Military would assume they have no aircombat capability? I could go on and on lol

9. That movie didnt change from the first scene to the last. Prettttty fuckin boring. Waaaay overhyped

10. I had high hopes after seeing the previews, but was very disappointed in the movie. So many cliche moments.

Still waiting on a realistic alien invasion movie... may not happen, but I'm hoping it does.

11. I seen but didn't like as much, it was really boring in between and It was like a backpain on the seat.

12. I must admit i was blown away by the CGI at the beginning. But as the film went on, it just didn't carry it self, got way too fucking cheesy.

13. Loved the beginning but the middle felt like an on going seen it before to much action movie.

14. I take it I shouldn't make any attempt to see it then?

15. I liked it, but then again I didn't pay to watch it. Understandable reaction, bro.

16. I walked out about half way through it in the movie theater. Such a shitty movie. Waste of my $2.00.

17. I'm sure it looked good on paper, but the execution was pure crap.

18. I don't understand why most people didn't like this movie. I thought it was fucking awesome, great action scenes, great acting IMO, great story. Probably one of my favourite alien invasion movies.