Stealth coffee table grow - Blue Himalaya Auto

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by lightliquid, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hey GC, this is my first grow and just thought I would post it up here to share and gain some insight :p

I just got my 5 pack of Blue Himalaya + 2 free seeds (critical +, cheese). I just started germinating 3 blue himalaya, and the critical + using the paper towel plastic bag method not to long ago :hello: I will be using 100% b'cuzz coco in 4 square pots. Any ideas on nutes? I was also considering mixing with perlite but is it absolutely necessary? I will be using lst, scrog, top.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I just got my grow box all done, its a old coffee table that I got at goodwill for 5 bucks. I rigged up a 3 way chandelier that is hooked up by a chain which I can lower and raise as needed. Right now, I have 3 daylight bulbs (23w) I plan on using for veg, however, I have 3 splitters and plan on using a mixed spectrum, 3 blue, 3 red? And possibly later 4 red and 2 blue? Also, I was considering getting 42w bulbs, would I see much improvement or is my space too small? I was also kinda worried about heat.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This leaves me to another question, I need new fans. The one I have now is bulky and super loud, not good for stealth. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get some decent fans?

PS Just got some headband :smoke: Any idea how to resize photos? :p
    [​IMG]

2. Amazon has a lot lot lot of fans. Many radioshacks also carry some decent ones sometimes.

3. Nice setup. I'd certainly get the higher wattage bulbs if you can support them. You should look into some type of a reflector for your lights too. I think you're really pushing it by having 4 plants in that small of a location though. I'd stick with just one or two... Are you able to cut into the bottom of the table, so you can sink the basket down a few more inches?

4. #4 lightliquid, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    Just ordered 4 42 watt soft white, 2 42 watt daylight bulbs, and 2 120mm fans. I also went to walmart and picked up some meatloaf pans that I plan on using as a diy hood for reflecting. Another day or so on germing, so far 1 seed has broke. Pictures to come soon!

EDIT:
    Also I ordered canna coco A + B formula. Anything else I'm missing?

5. ^Awesome :) glad someone is following :p

Here are those meatloaf pans that I made into diy hoods. Kinda ghetto, but it works :p They cost about $1.50 at walmart for a 3 pack and they fit very nicely over the cfl's. They do have larger pans though if you want to make your own.
    [​IMG]

Here they are attached to my 3 lights
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2 of the blue himalayas have sprouted today as well! haha I was starting to get worried since this is my first grow and I'm kinda impatient :p Everything seems to be going okay! Critical hasnt sprouted yet, and the 4th blue himalaya was just put in soil yesterday.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'm not sure if I plan on growing all 4 plants, what do you guys think? Which will get me better results? 4 plants or just 2?

6. I would just grow 2 plants as big as I could get them in that space. Good luck!

7. Cool cool. I figured, I just wasn't sure plus I wanted to make sure they actually sprouted :p I guess I'll just wait a few and pick the two that look the healthiest.

8. it's gonna get crazy stinky up in this bitch.

9. :p I think I forgot to mention I have a diy carbon filter on the other side of the outtake fan on the back of the box. Do you think I should make another for the intake though?

10. Naw you'll be just fine.

11. probably not. my line was merely out of encouragement. You want it to be stinky, no doubt!

12. Looking good man, best of luck!

13. great looking grow will be using the meat loaf pan idea, cheers! +rep

14. Thanks! :D
    Yes :) no doubt
    Cool cool I appreciate it man. I seen someone use a larger pan before but use like 8 cfl's inside it.I used the meat loaf pans because mine aren't really together.

15. #16 lightliquid, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    Quick question everyone - Where can I find a decent ph meter that wont break the bank? Is it absolutely necessary ? I've been using filtered water out of my tap, should I possibly buy water from one of those machines at walmart? I think they were like .35 a gallon so that's not to bad. If not, what water do you suggest I use for coco if I dont buy a ph meter? I also have canna coco A + B nutrients on the way.

Day 3

Are they stretching? I lowered the lights today.
    [​IMG]

16. nah dude, with cfls you want them 1-4 inches away from the top of the plant, if it was stretching you'd know. Give it a week or so and itll sprout leaves left right and center and only grow vertical a tad.

17. screw a ph meter.

18. looks great man, lovin the stealth.

keep it up

19. coco usually needs some calmag to help it out, looks good though +rep