Arn1016 Micro Speaker Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by arn1016, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Here are some pictures of my setup , all critisiusm is welcome. My plant is bag seed and about 7 days. I'm using a old speaker laying around i gutted it out and inside its length is 13inchs, width is 13inchs , height is 26inchs. I have 4 fans, 1 intake at the bottom corner , 1 to blow air up and around , 1 to blow heat light towards the last fan which is my exhaust fan. \The box is a work in progress i still need to do a few little things here and there like cover up the white wood putty with wood paint and mylar the inside, put the wires behind mylar so they are out of harms way.

A pic of the front.
    [​IMG]

Here is whats underneath the front face plate to keep light out and where the intake is in the bottom corner
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the back where the exhaust , and lights are hooked up to. its the door to my box with locks on the side.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the back door off
    [​IMG]

Heres a better pic of my exhaust and lights
    [​IMG]

Here is a inside shot
    [​IMG]

And here is a pic of the intake and fan to just move air around
    [​IMG]

I will have more pictures up when i do a update on my box thursday, ill have to pick up a camera as well as mylar, another light, power adapter and anything i think of in the mean time, this is my first micro but not my first grow. Any
    help , ideas or critisuim is very welcome i want this box not just good but great

Thanks for looking
    Arn

2. looks good so far will keep checking back to check your progress

3. coool...subbed

4. thanks guys wednesday ill be picking up a cheap digital camera so i can take pics whenever i want ill update VERY often im going to gut out the other speaker and make a veg room ;) so i can keep this thread going and my progress moving.

5. I wanna see how this comes along. Looks pretty sick. ;)

6. thanks. the hardest problem im having now is picking out a strain i want to grow lol.. excited to add the mylar for the extra light.

7. my seed a planted 2 days ago just broke soil ;) have update pics of that wednesday night as well.

8. can't wait to see the pics man

9. more pics tonight after i get paid ;)
    got some questions on temps and reflective mylar. temps are usually 5-6 degrees hotter then the outside temp because my room is in the front it tends to get alot of the sun and its pretty dam hot i cant run my a/c all day long as of right now. well my questions are is reflectix (homedepot) the same or as useful as mylar? and is it going to trap all the heat in the box? and radiate the heat? cause then i will have some serious issues i cant paint the box in the middle of this grow so thats out of the option. also any ideas on how i can fix this heat issue? i need someway to cool the box on these hot 95-100 days when im not home and cant run my window a/c.. some sort of cheap silent cooling unit maybe. ANY ideas or criticism is WELCOME
    Thanks guys

10. have you thought bout painting the inside flat white?

11. yes i just feel like that would be a shit ton of work at the moment.. i would have to disassemble everything to paint it safely..

12. oh the easy way, mask every thing off you can then have at it

13. found mylar close by i really wanna try it in my boxs i feel like the plant could really benefit for now ill run my ac it just loud not stealthy.. and im getting FF grow big

14. got mylar and ff grow big!! also rigged up some tubing to my ac with a timer to control the heat issues and its working great my temp as of now is 67 degrees F. Ran out of funds haha so my cameras just going to have to wait. rather get the supplies and just borrow my GF camera till i got the extra cash looks like pics once a week as of now.

15. Hope everything works out for you bro-heem. Micro-Grow for yourself ya' know hehe ^.^

16. been doing some lst to my plant tied her down in 4 places but idk if she likes it much its taking the shape of a canopy but some leaves are twisted and branchs twist around to get a different spot near the light so its kinda sideways canopy sorry i dont have any pics but does this sound like its doing okay it does seem to have new growth pretty often new fan leaves daily. also im going to have to attach either a carbon filter or just screen over the exhaust i saw a fan leave get chopped up by it :(

temps been good even with the heat ;)

17. I love it. I want one! Def thinking of doing a speaker cabinet after this computer. Less engineering = kiss.
    subbed =)

18. thanks . ill have a pic up in a few moments of my spiral lst work

19. heres my plant been close to 2 weeks or so. does it look like too much twisted branches? or i over did it? maybe i need to tie down the other fan leaves as well any insight or advice welcome

Attached Files:

20. Can't really tell what is going on in that picture. Where do you have her tied at and did you put her near the edge of the pot rather than in the middle?