*first grow CFL cardboard stealth box (topped, LST)*

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by katads, Mar 2, 2011.

1. #1 katads, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    Posting this journal a little late. So basically I improved my grow box since the last grow I attempted and failed at.

I have two 78cfm out take fans(I plan on adding another out take fan and an intake fan.) I'm currently running 4 26w 100w equivalent 6500k CFLs I have them hanging about 1.5-2 inches above the plant.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For my soil I germinated the seed in a 60/40 peat moss/perlite mix and transplanted into fox farm ocean forest potting soil. I plan to top when the plant matures more and do some low stress training.

Day 1: 2/2 sprouted out of 60/40 peat moss/perlite mix.\t

2/10 transplanted in 6” pot. 1st set of healthy fan leaves, 2nd set of leaves just sprouting.

2/16 watered in new pot since transplant

Day 15: 2/17 Day 1 of vegging. 2nd set of leaves clearly visible, 3rd set just starting. 1st set formed healthy leaves. Introduction to box.

Day 17: 2/19 watered for the 2nd time in new pot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 19 2/21:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2/23 day 21

introduced grow big at 1/2 dose yesterday, also topped late last night.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

theres a little damage on one of the first set of leaves, shouldnt be too much of a problem i hope?
    [​IMG]

2/24/11
    Day 22

transplanted today into a 3 gallon pot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2/27/11
    Day 25

started some LST on her gonna flip the switch tomorrow. now have 3 outtake fans and one intake fan. temps run from about 79 lows to 87 highs. There are now 7 27w 6500k cfls when I flip the switch I plan to switch out 5 of the 7 6500k bulbs with 2700k bulbs plus add 2 more leaving it at a total of 9 lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any input would be greatly appreciated, this is my first grow, just takin it as it comes and learning the load first hand. :smoke:

2. lookin good! 9 lights on one plant?? o wow should expect some crazy growth

btw where did you get those light sockets? the ones that plug right into the power bar. they look really convenient

3. That plant looks Gorgeous! Always love seeing sucessful micro grows! How many times did you top it? I can tell this plant is gonna be obese for sure! Im gonna enjoy watching this little girl grow up :p Keep posting pictures! always nice to see current pics

4. thanks man! Im hoping so hah i got the sockets from citymill. you should be able to find um at walmart or lowes in the electric department as well.

5. Thanks bro! Ive topped it just once. flipping the switch tomorrow morning just my first grow so I didnt wanna do anything TOO crazy, just learning pretty much, so any advice would be greatly appreciated from anyone. :smoke:

6. looks good dude. that one damaged leaf looks like it maybe just got splashed with nute water. could be wrong though.

7. #7 bgsixxxniner, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    nice gro bro:wave:....do you no what strain? or is it bagseed? hows your temps?

looks like yellowing could be magnesium deficiency....try some epsom salt..1teaspoon per gallon.

but errrting lookin good!!!!:D

edit:and what pmp said too. did u splash your baby w/nuted h2o? if not look into the e.salt.
    also whats your ph lookin like?

8. #8 katads, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011

could be, I only fed her with nute water once so far and watered her with ph'd water two times after that and this next watering will be nuted water Im using the FF trio but only gave her grow big so far when should I introduce big bloom and would I keep them seperate or mix them in the same water container? I add Ph down to the water to make it down to 5.8-6.3. Temps are from 79-83 I hope that changes when I raise the lights above the out take fans (right now their kinda in front of them)Ill definately look into the epsom salt though. thanks for the input! keep it comin. :hello:

9. also its from bagseed it was called "A-team" i believe haha

10. I'm along for the ride:wave: good shit keep it up:hello:

11. That is an amazing looking plant!

12. With a soil grow you actually want to have the ph at around the 6.2-6.8 range.

As far as Big Bloom, the Fox Farms schedule actually recommends using Big Bloom first and then introducing Grow Big later. If shes responding fine to the Grow Big then a little Big Bloom shouldn't hurt. From what I've read it seems like its a lot easier to go overboard with Grow Big and Tiger Bloom than with Big Bloom. You can go full strength with Big Bloom fairly quickly and the plant will respond well. Also, I mix my nutes in the same container.

13. right on! that was very helpful well lesson learned on the PH level and nutes hah im just glad shes lookin good :D

14. Day 29 (Day 1 of flowering)
    gave her 24 hours of darkness from 8 last night and turned um on about an hour ago (8:30) is the half an hour make a difference? I set my timer for 8 and 8 everyday but it doesnt seem to be working :confused: but heres the update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no signs of sex yet, pretty nervous, praying for a girl! switched out some lights left 2 6500k and added 7 2700k lights, lights are about 4-5" away from my plant. too high? temps are 80-81 right now, see how it is tomorrow during the day.

[​IMG]

15. I try to keep CFLs as close to the plant as possible like 1-2" I like to keep them that close or they will stretch out towards the light, so the closer the better :smoke:

16. thats what I thought haha Im pretty nervous about the 2700k lights cause theyre so hot, didnt want to burn my baby but since the lights are right above the out take fans I guess it should be alright, Ill prop the plant up closer to the lights,

Also I added some more LST and adjusted the old tie downs.

17. updates from today haha i know i update alot but its my first grow and i wanna have alot of pics on record. hopefully shows sex later on this week.
    day 31 already. only 2nd day of flowering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. UPDATE: Day 39 (Day 9 of flowering)

Shes been doing great lately and yes thats right I said SHE haha im proud to say she finally sprouted some pistils! :hello: just been readjusting her tiedowns and spreading her out along the surface of the pot. anyway, PICS:

Took off her tiedowns to water, watered with 6.4 ph leveled water with big bloom and grow big, when should I introduce her to tigerbloom??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

closeup pics of tops:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

retied her with cotton twine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

feedback!!:wave: haha

19. great job on the lst....its lookin like your going to have some nice budsites.

20. Looks great. Can't wait to see it bud