MicroGrow's Box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by MicroGrower420, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Making a new growbox for my self medication.

The spec's are 34 Width x 28 Height x 18 Depth

I still need to cutting the separator out I just mocked up a mini example in the middle for now just for a idea of the spacing, Also I am cutting the doors out as well today. Once it is all put together I will be cutting all the passive air holes and then the intake and the exhaust holes, then priming and painting it down with flat white. So far it is coming along, but there is still much work to be done. :wave:

[​IMG]

2. Update:

• Added supported.
    • Added separator.
    • Caulked most of the edges and cracks.
    • Dry fit weather stripping.(Temporary, I need more.)
    • Dry fit left side cab door. (May trim it down a tad bit.)
    • Started adding 2" Passive air holes in the bottom of the left section.
      (It's going to have about four 2" passive holes on each side of the cab.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now :smoke:

3. I'll be following this...

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

100% sealed on both sides of the cab, no light leaks and flat white added.

Bonus Picture

[​IMG]

5. looks good man i have a similar size box with month old plants in it check it out the link is in my sig. What does your lighting look like? and what temps are you running in there?

6. This is my new box I am building my old box is kind of out dated and needs a upgrade so I decided to take it upon myself to start building the new box set up. My old box has CFL seven 6500k bulbs and one 2700k for vegetative, and a 250w HPS for flowering. runs a easy solid 75-80 degrees, 35%-45% RH.

7. Update

• Finished painting every crevice flat white and passive air holes all done!
    • Finished making the flowering room 100% dark with 0 light leaks:D
    • Cut shaved and sanded + added the top

Now that all the construction is done I can finally start setting this baby up for successful growing:)
    (I know I skipped most of the framework and jazzy stuff, But who wants to see all that boring crap)
    If you need specs/material list that I can tell you instead of showing you.

Well that's it for now I have a lot of materials to gather for the rest of this build, Whoever is sitting in thanks for viewing.:wave:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonus Picture
    [​IMG]

8. Sweet grow box. Is that for one plant? :hello: :wave:

9. Thanks bro, Still a lot of work to be done, will probably be functional for grows in like 2 weeks. It is for two 3 gallon potted plants, LST grow. or one 5 gallon plant LST/ScrOG grow.

10. superior building skillz.. very nice, keep the updates coming:hello:

11. That is really amazing you got some DIY skills :smoke:

12. you should really do a walkthrough on building this box... it is amazing... i tried to do one the same with no luck. Id even pay to have that built.

13. i like this alot... im building something a lot like this except its 30W x 18 D x 48H(in inches)
    hopefully i can build it to look as nice as yours :)

14. Thanks Guys, I got all my experience from building bird houses Then I just put that into large scale and better dimensions for growing plants. ;)

Yea man I was going to but I figured it would be boring to document all the mediocre things, Framework/Materials. Now that it is all together I am going to document the rest of the build, Which is alot more interesting then woodworking, in my opinion :)

Cool man, I had to sacrifice height for width because the space it is in is wider and deeper versus height. I wish I had that 48"Height wise. But I do have a separate cloning area so I really don't need the extra space since the vegetative room is only housing my mother plant. Do you have your build up currently?

15. bought all the materials a few weeks ago, and should be putting it all together tomorrow if my buddy can get his hole saw back from his roommate that just moved out and took it... i am also looking for some clones since i will only have enough time to flower at my current residence...

ill take some pics once i get it all together... hopefully tomorrow

16. Update:
    • Added PVC to prevent any light leaks from the passive intake.
    • Added Mylar to the inside of the doors.
    • Shaved down the doors about 1 1/2" I am much happier with them now.

Materials Used:

• 8 1.5" PVC 90 DEGREE ELBOW
    • 8 1.5" PVC VENT ELBOW
    • 8 1.5" PVC STR MALE ADAPTER
    • 3/4" x 7/16" x 10' WeatherStripping

Note: Everything used is purely my preference and can be substituted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I used these handy 1.5" PVC Male adaptors with the screw in cap because I am going to use some 1 - 1/2" rubber plugs to plug off the airflow if ever needed.

[​IMG]
    Used both these 1.5" PVC vent and elbow adaptors To light proof the passive airflow, (I am going to be painting the inside black to 100% black light in, or out)

[​IMG]
    Installed the male adaptors to the 2" passive holes, I am going to permanently seal them in once I am 100% done with assembly. These male adaptors are pretty airtight to begin with they screw in ultra tight! :)
    Note: If you can't find male adaptors you can substitute for female adaptors.

[​IMG]
    Dry fit all the S bend 90degree PVC piping, Looking good so far:D

[​IMG]
    Mylar Fitted!

That's all so far guys, Need more materials again for further assembly.:wave:

Bonus Picture:
    [​IMG]

17. i like the build man... just got my box built up yesterday :) ill put some pics up for you sometime soon... i still need to paint/ mylar the inside and make the light trap... but its starting to come together

ill post some pics for you if you want

18. Yeah my brother make a thread I will go see it:)

19. The box looks good man.:smoke:

20. This is an inspirational build for me to see. When will that damn tax money get here so i can play?

I'm fairly new to growing so bare with me with these questions.

What are the passive hole w/ PVC adapters for? Are they your intake points for fresh air or something else?

Is there a point too use mylar for the door instead of flat white paint? I know that mylar has to be COMPLETELY flat with no creases to be completely optimal, and I would assume that if you started from scratch this could be attained? Really I just want to know if you're getting any added benefit from using mylar on the door.

Just going through the post on this site making me feel like I can have a Ph.D in Botany!

Im following this thread every step of the way. Thanks MicroGrower!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.