Micro Closet Grow. First EVER grow. Please help me along my journey :)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AbsoluttADDY, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Hello fellow GC friends, I just recently started my very first ever grow. I had a large older box I used. I found an old unused emergency heat blanket that claims to reflect 85% or so heat rays. I bought bought pots for under 5 together at Lowes and bought 2 clip on lamps to hang onto the edge of the box and house the CFL lights. I set this up by only spending about $20 total.

I germinated the seeds and put them in fresh soil. 3-5 days later they both made their way up to the light.

What do you guys think of my set up? I am totally new at this so any feedback would be very helpful. How long should I veg for? Should I introduce any nutrients at some point? I could only take a few pics before my camera died, but any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first grow and I am a legal Michigan medical patient and I want to learn alot from this micro grow.

I am awaiting comments ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. :hello: Nice Been thinking about starting one myself. But put some of that blanket stuff (foil like thing) on the bottom let them rays shine every much it can. Top to.;) As far as (nuts) and dont take my advice wait and c what others say as im new to a micro grow myself. I think i was reading about guys 12 12 from seed and just flower from there. So that would be no veg state. Nuts i think i would wait to transplant into a very wide container but short still and just (lst) it. (Bending branches down and tieing and what not) nuts might not even need em not sure i got to do some more reading myself Good Luck Mip;):smoke:

3. You also might want to get a little fan for circulation, it will keep the seedling cooler and will also promote strong stem growth. And also what kinda soil are you using ?most potting soils have nutes in them enough for at least a couple weeks. The seedling stage is the most crucial part of the plants life,you get passed that and their pretty hard to kill hence the nickname (weed).unless of course you go hydro.

4. Forgot to mention..... I do have a fan overhead mountted a few feet above the box itself. This seems sufficient enough. Should I put a fan i the box? Also, at night I have been opening that side of my closet to alllow additional fresh air into the closet while I sleep, figured that wouldnt hurt.

As for soil, I am using Miracle Grow Seed Starter Potting Soil. I have seen on here people saying not to use Miracle Grow but I dont feel that it will be a problem

Everything looks good and green so far, except the stem looks a wee bit purplish. Should I worry or does that happen when theyre just starting? Any additional help would be much appreciated.

Thanks GC community!

5. The soil you are using will not need nutes added for at least a couple weeks, I know a lot people talk crap about mg soil. But most the time its because people go wild with their nutes and mg has one of the highest concentrations of nutes in it. I think that's why people don't like it because its kinda hard to tell when the nutes are used up, and usually it does kinda give weird growth and tends to give seedlings nute burn. But I have used it and have had good results.and with your fan does it seem like there is good ventilation? Because you want to dispose of the warm stale air and always have a steady supply of fresh air coming in. Also I find misting the plants and keeping a relatively high humidity sure helps them accelerate growth. And also I recomend superthrive, stuff does wonders for seedlings and their root growth.you can find it anywhere for around ten bucks. And down the road if you ever want to clone it will give you a much higher succes rate.

6. Nice but do u close the box and if u do does any lights leAk if they do I heard u might get a hermie

7. I would stand that box tall side up so you gain more vertical height for a bigger yield also look into the LST method (Low Stress Training). Good Luck!!!