VB_Toker-First AG Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by VB_Toker, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Whats up guys. My Aerogarden is coming in tomorrow and my beans soon after.
    I went with some autoflower strains of course.

this is what ill be growing (one at a time.hopefully back to back.continous)

2 Advanced Seeds top 69 Feminized

1 UFO# 1 Dinafem Seeds Roadrunner Automatic Feminized (freebie)

Dinafem Seeds California Hash Plant (another freebie)

Dinafem Seeds Royal Haze (yet again.freebie)

Dinafem Seeds Sweet Deep Grapefruit (and finally.yep you guessed it.another freebie)

like i said im taking one plant at a time

anyways im going to include a pic of my materials so far.if anyone has experience with an AG feel free to chime in and comment anytime:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Alright my AG came in today ive set it all up with a seed already germinating

I think this thread should be moved to the Aeroponics section.sorry for posting in here

heres the pic:wave:

Attached Files:

3. i think this thread is fine in the micro grow section, and i dont think AG counts as aeroponics, its hydro. aeroponics is when your roots have their own reservoir separate from your water reservoir, with aeroponic misters spraying the roots

4. i agree with you. i only suggested the move cause that is where all the other AG threads are. doesnt matter to me though :) :smoke:

5. Yo dude I am currently doing my first grow in the AGarden and let me tell you now - Don't grow more than 1 or 2 in the AG the start getting in each other's way. Also get an airstone for the bottom so the roots get enough oxygen.

I put loads of seeds on at the same time and had to kill some and move out the others :(

Good luck bro

Subbed

6. pic homie

Attached Files:

• 32.jpg
      32.jpg
      File size:
      501.7 KB
      Views:

7. Nice dude. thanks for the advice.

right now i have one seed germinating and another sprout i took from the soil. their both bagseed though.my beans arent here yet (their on their way :]) these 2 are just sort of like a "practice run" till they get here

ill put a couple more pics showing the sprout and how my setup is right now.(i know the quality sucks.its my pos phone)

Attached Files:

8. got a question about my airstone.

i bought the rectangular one thats about 5 inches i guess. idk for sure.but anyways it doesnt seem to be bubbling all the way across it.

it just bubbles on the left side closest to wear the hose is connected.is this how they all work? ive never had an airstone to deal with but i had the idea it was gonna bubble the whole length of the stone.

any help would be great :smoke:

9. my guess is that your air pump isnt powerful enough to pump air all the way through that big of a stone. if you bought a cheap one or even just a single outlet one it may not be powerful enough.

10. yeah i think your right. ill just buy a a smaller airstone..it really is taking up some room anyways.its real awkward trying to position it.

thanks for the reply:smoking:

11. anytime but i dont think you need a new smaller one, as long as its pumping out air bubbles its fine i would think. save your dollar and buy yourself something nice

12. yea i think your right. its bubbling pretty good.plant looks healthy.everythings good:smoking:

13. just a little update

seeds still havent came in yet.(sucks.im impatient)
    but i did order some backups from another company

Sky 47 (autoflower) reg.
    Santa (autoflower) reg.

hopefully they turn out to be female :)

as for whats in the AG right now.the bagseed sprout that i took out of the soil is doing good.and the seed that is germinating is just peeking its taproot through the sponge towards the water.

i tested my PH yesterday and it read a 6.8.so far so good :smoke:

14. heres some pics. not much has changed. but you can definitely see some new growth :smoke:

also threw in a pic with my peice of choice :smoke:

Attached Files:

15. had a little hiccup with the AG this morning.woke up and my light is off which is normal because it turns off when im asleep.but when i went to go turn them back on i noticed my water pump was off.i thought it stayed on 24/7 while the light is the one that turned off.well i switched the mode to salads or w/e and the pump came back on.switched it back to where it was at and its been normal ever since.

is this normal? is the pump supposed to shutoff and come back on automatically?

16. How many days are you from when the seedling popped up?

17. well about 2 weeks ago i went outside to my garden an dug a little hole an put about 4 seeds in there just as kind of an afterthought.wasnt really worried about anything popping up since i had to cut down my 6 footers earlier that year because i cant grow back there anymore.anyways.2 ended up sprouting and were outside for approximately another 2 weeks.during those 2 weeks it was raining alot and that seemed to have stunted the seeds.well i ordered my AG and some seeds from 2 seed banks.seeds havent came in yet but my AG did.so i got impatient and found a bagseed that i had in my drawer.i put it in a sponge and let it germ in the AG. and than i went outside to my garden and dug up the 2 2 week olds one didnt make it.but the other one i put into the AG and since than its been growing just fine.already grew one new set of green leaves and another set can already be seen coming in.:D

the seed i germinated inside the AG still hasnt come to the surface yet.i took the pod out an peeked at it to see what was up an it showed a taproot.checked again 2 days later and its just coming out the bottom towards the water so hopefully within the next few days it makes an appearance or else im just going to say f it and wait for my seeds to come in the mail

18. Congratz on the random sprout. Maybe that could be your big yielder :)

19. thanks!

yeah maybe.i dont know what im gonna do when my seeds come in though. i want to focus on the autoflower strains one at a time in the AG. im thinking about making a hydro setup just especially for the bagseed.

would all i need is a bucket.nutes and an air pump?

20. yeah but realize that no miracle grow has the correct nitrogen for hydro so you gotta fork up the big bucks... want results??? gotta spend the big bucks sorry man MG has urea nitrogen which is for soil only cause it needs soil to break it down so the plant can use it... the best i've seen out of any MG is from a 15-30-15 and it had 5 of it's 15 from nitrogen from ammoniabfuhkrhsafshfasa whatever its called... so the plant will only get 5-30-15 and either turn out sh!tty or die... thats my 2 cents peace man just stick with soil till you know what ur doing

ALTHOUGH!!! you could live in a city with a hydro store... in that case, good luck bud:hippie: