16 oz solo cup contest anyone?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Fabiszak, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Anyone care for a friendly competition?
    What's the best you could get out of a plant grown solely In a solo cup?
    Obviously there's gotta be some techniques and other stuff.
    I'm starting this thread saying I'm going to see what I can do to keep a plant in a solo cup through a four week veg and an eight week flower.
    If anyone else wants to join me in my quest, feel free to do so, maybe even get a little competitive thrill from it.
    I'd like to see how they would turn out :)

Stay posted.
    And let me know your thoughts on this!

2. I am down...about to take clones tomorrow, so be two weeks before I can start though.

3. [quote name='"Mile High City"']I am down...about to take clones tomorrow, so be two weeks before I can start though.[/quote]

I just took some clones a few hours ago, I plan on using one for this.
    I also plan on using a 50/50 perlite soil mixture hoping it will slow the root development.
    Glad somebody else is on board! :D

4. man im in but i need at least two weeks to so when do you plan on starting?

5. A new bonsai thread:) (subscribes)

6. [quote name='"swishasweets"']man im in but i need at least two weeks to so when do you plan on starting?[/quote]

Probably in about a week, it doesn't really have a deadline, I just want to see what everyone can do with a solo cup, so it's kind of just like post your progress here whenever. I probably won't get a plant in the cup until about a week and a half anyway, so it'll probably work out.
    Glad you're participating :D

7. :hello:Surprised to see this thread starting my whole grow is with nothing but solo cups. Check it out. My current clones started out stretchy but my first run they stayed short and fat. Both grows are in my current thread I will post new pics here once this gets started.:smoke:

8. Hmmmmm.... I may join you in this conquest, no clones, ill go from seed.

Ill just throw it under my t5 when its ready for light and flower under some other cfl's I have hahahaha

All I need is a damn party cup..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to get some tonight or tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  9. im in, i got a crit+ i just had pop in solo in soil from seed today, ill just transfer it to a full cup.

10. Just had 3 seedlings bite the dust from a heat issue... too bad, I coulda just transfered one into a damn cup. Oh well, I have plenty of seeds lol

11. sounds like a good time, i was wanting to try the 3oz container challenge but there are a lot of pros in that thread and i think 16oz may be a little easier. ill be building a small diy led panel very soon so when i get my new micro micro box set up count me in!!!

12. I did an afghani and bubblegum in a small ass pot about the size of a solo cup , it was rootbound by the time bid started and looked unhealthy as fuck despite my best efforts , I'd recommend No veg time for the solo cup grow just bloom the clones or it will get rootbound and lanky . But if you just bloomed a clone it would probly be one decent central nug like the sea of green

13. i wish I understood growing better because I would love to do this hahah. it seems no matter how many journals and guides I read, I just can't put it all together!

anyways subbed for a sick idea and can't wait to see results!

14. To grow a tiny one in a solo cup doesnt require much effort, hell i grew a plant in my closet in a 2 gallon pot with random CFL's and it came out really nice lol

15. [quote name='"SIRSOG"']

To grow a tiny one in a solo cup doesnt require much effort, hell i grew a plant in my closet in a 2 gallon pot with random CFL's and it came out really nice lol[/quote]

hahah touché, it's more just the stages of growth I don't understand fully. I understand the basics like lights ventilation etc. so I may just give this a shot! now I have to come up with some seeds :(

16. if you can come up with some bag seeds or somethin for free and 1 or 2 cfls then what do you have to lose, like SIRSOG said its really little effort and even if it doesnt work your not out much. besides your already on the right track to being a pro being here on GC. there are a lot of very smart growers on here and most are very very helpfull, i say go for it :p

17. #17 jb5355, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    I got some extra clones I was gonna throw away but I'll save one for this. Ill post pics in a little bit. I have to figure out which strain I think will do best. I got querkle, sour d, sensi star, and g13 diesel clones rooted right now. but I think the querkle or sensi star would be best because they are indica dom.

18. [quote name='"bdizzle6969"']if you can come up with some bag seeds or somethin for free and 1 or 2 cfls then what do you have to lose, like SIRSOG said its really little effort and even if it doesnt work your not out much. besides your already on the right track to being a pro being here on GC. there are a lot of very smart growers on here and most are very very helpfull, i say go for it :p[/quote]

so true thanks for the reassurance! you're absolutely right. would you mind if I pmd ya with some noob growing questions? don't want to threadjack a good thread.

19. Im down for this. Ill cut a clone off my Girl Scout Cookies when I get home and post pics

20. I'm stoked with all the response this is getting, thanks to everyone for participating in this.
    I cut 2 clones a few days ago and I'll be checking them out tonight to see which one I'll use for the solo cup.
    I'll have pics up tonight as well :D