Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So close to legal :D

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by provin1327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. #1 provin1327, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
    Well i'm not legal yet, but i've got an appointment on Saturday at 3:00 to see the doctor at the co-op. I'll update when I get back (wanted to make the thread because i'm excited)

Edit* I'm going to ask the doctor when I get there, but does anyone know if i'm legal once the doctor signs the papers, so when I leave the appointment I can buy some from the dispensary? Or do I have to wait until I pay the $90 to the state for the card?

2. Good luck sir. Just got my rec on Monday myself. I'm still not quite legal as I still have to send in my papers to the state and get my card sent to me. So close!

3. I hear ya man, I've got my appointment set for next weds. at 7pm. Also in CO.

4. I have asked before, but asking twice gets answers from different people. Know any specifics on teaching and having a mmj card in colorado?

5. What a feeling of relief it must be...

6. All I know is you can only smoke when you're inside your home. But if there is something work related that involves drug tests then you need to explain to them you're a medical marijuana patient, if that's what you're asking

Not yet, but it will be once I have my card in my hands. Not sure if i'm legal when the doctor signs the papers or when I pay the state and get my card, i'll update.

7. Bumping this for the question I edited in post #1

I'm going to ask the doctor when I get there, but does anyone know if i'm legal once the doctor signs the papers, so when I leave the appointment I can buy some from the dispensary? Or do I have to wait until I pay the $90 to the state for the card?

8. Forgot to update this thread

When I went in all I could find were my medical records from 2007. That wasn't recent enough so I told the guy i'd find my updated stuff and come back next week. I drive home, look in my center console and bam, there are my records from my appointment with the neurologist last month!!!

Because last month was just a small check up (but still had a diagnosis with migranes on there) I called the co-op and asked them if I could use my big 4 page diagnosis from 2007 and my little check up paperwork from 2009 to get my card, he said yes and will call me once he hears from the doctor about this weekend. I'll update when I get the call. I'm excited, but kinda mad because my paperwork from 2009 was sitting right there next to me the whole time and I had no idea!!! :(

9. i dont know about CO but here in cali i went to my dr appt... she evaluated me and signed me up for a year...then they put my id# in the books and once i left the dr. office me and my bro in law went straight to the collective and got my meds

10. sounds like a dream i might have... southeast coast needs to get on the train

11. you should just get on a train or plane and come to cali lol it will proly be easier to come here than to get your state you change.... i dont get it a lot of the eastcoast and south east states would make a lot of money if they new whats what...ti seems like a lot of the states stick to there old ways and dont like change....

12. #13 Bud4U, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    ^

i just hope the ease with which you can get a MMJ rec in Cali doesn't work against itself eventually

i don't know much about the law as it is stated, but i know many voters did want MMJ more closely regulated. and with stricter guidelines for receiving recs. but it was decided it should have wider usage among more patient groups. and left to the discretion of DOCTORS to decide who gets what and for what ailment. you hear of a lot of approvals, but i would bet some rejections come through, too

that said, it is vv easy to get approved here. i personally think that is a GOOD thing, not a bad. as some in even the original MMJ movement now feel. but the more the better, i say

on my first trip to the dispensary some weeks ago, right after i pulled in a black Benz pulled up with four young homeboys in it. they barely looked 20. the driver got out. i didn't know if i was at the right place so i asked them. they said "oh for the weed? yeah this is the place. smoke that dank!"

i thanked them and went inside. once inside i saw all kinds if people. some younger, older, a few looked frail, some looked like stonders, i suppose. and maybe all of us, whoever we are and from whatever walk of life, find MMJ a good treatment for what ails us

that should be good enough. like taking cough syrup

now did the guy in the Benz buy for his friends? maybe. does the guy with the oxycontin prescription buy for his friends. and others. maybe. but thats none of our business. if the law comes down on them, let it be specific. like in the Micheal Jackson case. its a whole other matter. you don't throw the baby out with the bath water because SOME might be "abusing" something others are using properly and lawfully

states should be making this easier, imo. maybe in Cali it is because, well, we're Cali. and everyone knows we're kinda wacky out here. even the govenor is on board :smoking:

13. #14 provin1327, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    ^^ I know what you're saying, and a lot of serious medical users can also agree. Now don't get my statment wrong there.

I will use my marijuana medically, but by serious I mean people with very serious conditions like aids, cancer, glaucoma, etc, not just people claiming chronic pain.

Just the other day when we were walking to lunch we were talking about medical marijuana, and I saw the local paper, there on the cover was a huge article and pic about medical marijuana, and the guy who slid our cards for lunch said

"yea just tell em your knee hurts and you can get high"

me: "um no not quite"

Is this what kind of picture medical marijuana has, some kind of joke? Are people really abusing the system so much that you can just cry to your doctor that your "knee hurts real bad" and you can get legal marijuana for life?

I mean yes I can take other medications for my migranes, but if marijuana actually and truely helps with them better then any other medications do, and it's natural, and I can grow it myself, then why not? It just sucks seeing people out here that are abusing the system and other people know it, it really pisses me off.

Oh and to answer my question from earlier. Once the doctor signs the paperwork you have passive protection, meaning if a cop finds you with marijuana and you have the records and doctor signature on you, he can still take your medicine and write you a ticket, but the paperwork will get you through a court case. If you have the medical card after you've paid the state and the cop stops you, you get to keep your medication and go on your way.

14. Got another update. Have an appointment to see the doctor on Saturday at 10:25 am.

15. I just got back, and now have my medical ard and an 8th of trainwreck. Pics after brunch

16. congrats dude, enjoy!

17. Yum those were some tasty eggs :D

The only camera I have is the built in web cam on my pc, no macros but it get's the job done

Attached Files:

18. i love seeing all the ecstatic first day card holders.

that shit is dopeeee =]

cant say im not jelous. one day.... one day

KUDOS:hello:

19. Whew the high is great. The guy said it was a 60/40 sativa hybrid. After 2 hits, a few minutes later Kablam-o!! It all hit me at once. Now it's a nice relaxing high. Kinda couch lock, i'm laying here on my bed watching Sons of Anarchy, I feel great :D