Ozzies Plunge Down the Rabbit Hole

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Ozzie_x, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Looking great Ozzy, as usual! Here are the haz C and Wiz Fire so far, getting ready for 1 gals till sex..... I will keep you posted. Thanks! LF

Attached Files:

2. Bump!

3. Looking good OZ, looking real good. :metal:

4. haz c clone, soil, cup and baggie.. Best health of the 2, unhappy one in bubble cloner.. She's a soil girl for me.. First of the wiz fire to sprout.. 48 hrs from soil contact..

Attached Files:

5. I finally got around to seeing why my darned 8 bulb T5 is only working on 6 bulbs. Well, I know why... Cuz it dropped 4' and crash landed on my plants :rolleyes: But I thought I'd open it up. No loose connections. The 2 bulbs that dont work are wired together, and then wired into the same ballast. They are the only bulbs connected to that ballast. Now I dont mind a lil DIY but the broken ballast is wired to the others. I'm not talking wire nuts either, they go straight into the next ballast leaving me sitting here scratching my head as to how I'm gonna get them detached from one another. 

I think I'm gonna put it back together... tomorrow... and just rock 6 like i'vs been doing for 4-6 weeks already. I was gonna make a thread so theres a few pics in my gallery, but it's not worth my effort. For what I'd spend on parts and time racking my brain, I'd rather just buy a new one and use this one as side lighting or something. 

6. Ha! I would have put it back together too! :D

Are you writing in different size fonts or do I need to go to bed? :confused_2:

7. I didnt intentionally change fonts, but I've had that happen to me occasionally... just random font size changes in peoples posts. It started after the site 'up'grade

8. Got some pollen sacs developing... And the little ogre clone is just now beginning to flower, not bad timing... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391035380.547878.jpg

9. Bonus...

get those two together for some drinks

10. You get my email? I got something for ya  :wave:

11. [quote name="Ozzie_x" post="19426816" timestamp="1390971454"]I finally got around to seeing why my darned 8 bulb T5 is only working on 6 bulbs. Well, I know why... Cuz it dropped 4' and crash landed on my plants :rolleyes: But I thought I'd open it up. No loose connections. The 2 bulbs that dont work are wired together, and then wired into the same ballast. They are the only bulbs connected to that ballast. Now I dont mind a lil DIY but the broken ballast is wired to the others. I'm not talking wire nuts either, they go straight into the next ballast leaving me sitting here scratching my head as to how I'm gonna get them detached from one another. I think I'm gonna put it back together... tomorrow... and just rock 6 like i'vs been doing for 4-6 weeks already. I was gonna make a thread so theres a few pics in my gallery, but it's not worth my effort. For what I'd spend on parts and time racking my brain, I'd rather just buy a new one and use this one as side lighting or something. [/quote]wish you'd have sent me pictures! muat be some stupid proprietary deal where you have to buy the whole thing - or look up where the ballasts were made and order just one. you cut the wires off at the bad ballast, leaving pigtails on the good ballast (that feeds power to the new one) then you just wire nut the new one in place. easy if you can find the right ballast.I am really good at fixing stuff.Sent from my SGH-S959G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. [quote name="sitnspin420" post="19430995" timestamp="1391035902"]Bonus...get those two together for some drinks[/quote]they are drinking it up as we speak..

13. A little Barry White ought to help...  :)

14. IME you want you girl to have a about 2-3 weeks flowering time ahead of the male.. I try to put my girls in, let them get past the stretch, and then put in the male.

Off to check :bolt:

I got some pics, and am still running the unit, so fixing it is still an option. But I dont want to spend too much on parts and time.

15. Took the letters right off my fingers. 
    You don't need to disconnect the original wiring. That's what wire nuts are for...
    :smoke: y

16. [quote name="dlsmokes" post="19432236" timestamp="1391048509"]Took the letters right off my fingers. You don't need to disconnect the original wiring. That's what wire nuts are for...:smoke: y[/quote]funny, it doesn't smell like letters... Another haz c male removed, and another female confirmed... Couple shots of my young beauty... I plan to top her soon, but of want a good hearty top to use as a clone, so I will wait another 5-7 days probably... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391069322.260497.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391069339.861283.jpg

17. Beautiful hyper!

18. Lookin good Hyper!! 

19. Nice op ya got @[member="Ozzie_x"]. I been lurking a lil before i decided to post.I'm gonna pull up a chair to the circle n light up my bong.