South Carolina. A MMJ state since 1980

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Hardnutcheck, Jul 9, 2011.

1. wowwww crazy. thank God for the internet. I bet no one has ever thought or remembered to check this.

2. from the comments

"Greetings - I am the director of communicatiosn for ColumbiaNORML.. We found this bill a few months back and started looking into what it would take to get it in use. Unfortunately, this bill requires an advisory board made up of specific individuals to create a program within the Department of Health to study the use of medical marijuana. The biggest obstacle for this bill is that it requires state tax dollars to run and in our state of economic peril, our state is barely coming up with money to run buses, arts programs and many other health related programs, like aids and HIV prevention programs (to which we are one of the top states for individuals with aids and HIV). We would have to make a lot of changes to the bill and after some research and reaching out, we didn't feel we had enough support or resources to use this. I urge anyone out there that is willing to assist South Carolina in changing its cannabis laws, to reach out to ColumbiaNORML. We can be reached at columbianorml@gmail.com or on facebook columbianorml."

3. Does anyone have more info on this bill and why it isn't implemented?

4. did you read the other posts? chad explained it quite well, i dont think SC has the budget for it regardless of whether they wanted it or not.

5. do you have an office in the charleston area?