I know how WE can legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by BakedNick, Jan 2, 2011.

1. #1 BakedNick, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
    BUT, before I share my infaliable plan. I would like to partner with someone that can guarantee me all of the legal protections of copyright, trademark and reproduction rights.

Many particpates will be needed. That part will be easy via the Internet.
    This will take some time. I would like to see our efforts on the 2012 ballots. But we may not be ready until 2014.

This will be the most real definition of a Grass Root Campaign.

----------------------------------- Revised 1/7/11 ------------------------------
    The past few posters had brought up some good points that I failed to consider. So with that said, here is the idea. Now give me your feedback.

Our biggest problem in the beginning is how can we be quantified. Or another way of putting it - where was the question on the 2010 ballot that I smoke pot? So when users are referred too. The best numbers they can offer are estimates, guesstamations or approximations.

So I propose that we choose one day sometime in the near future, Say September 10. Now this gives us the time we need using blogs, forums and the such to get the word out to everybody that has, does and will smoke weed to do one very simple thing. Take a one dollar bill, write A Dollar for a Joint across the face with a black marker. Stick it in an envelope and mailed it to your favorite charity, or one of a group of charities we have collectively agreed too. Charities such as American Red Cross, United Way, World Wildlife Foundation, Humane Soceity and the such. This is something that will require administrative time/support. Hence my wanting to know about the legalities.

Now, if we had say 10 charities, and some 10 million people sent $1 to those charities. WE will make one hell of an impact for many reasons. First we pepper the news with our intentions. We also ask the charities on the list to simply give us the amount they collected during that small window of time. (after all, that information is public if they want to keep their Non Profit status) Get that info into the hands of the media and appropriate channels.

Now, we made one heck of an impact in very large numbers. AND, we look like good guys because we sent money to a worthy cause. But best of all. Those $1 bills will continue to circulate through our economy. Reminding everyone what are message/cause is.

And to make one hell of an impact on what I shall call "Liberation Day" We can ask participates to following these suggestions -

Send $1 to make a statement
    Send $2 if you smoked in the last 3 months
    Send $3 if you smoked this week
    Send $4 if you smoked today.
    Send $5 if you will continue to support marijuana legalization.
    AND WRITE - ADAJ OR A DOLLAR A JOINT ON EVERY BILL

Agsin, the above is only a suggestion, NOT A REQUIREMENT. $1. Postage .46, envelope .15, total cost to participate - PRICELESS

OK, so what do you think?

Attached Files:

• ADAJ.jpg
      ADAJ.jpg
      File size:
      802.4 KB
      Views:
  2. lets hear what santa has to offer!

3. Hey Sparky you obviously missed this part of my post -

before I share my infaliable plan. I would like to partner with someone that can guarantee me all of the legal protections of copyright, trademark and reproduction rights.

4. #4 GrahamAPhone, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011

what does this even mean?
    you ever heard of creative commons?

and under current copyright laws once you create something you own the rights to it

5. Thinking of an idea is the easy part. Anyone in the world can think of a good idea, only a very small amount are willing to put forth the effort to see it done. Why even make a thread if you're not going to include any substance to it? Spam...

6. You can have all the rights you want. If marijuana gets legalized, thats all I care about.

7. Having been involved in a copyright matter many years ago. I had learned of the many loopholes. Yes, it is easy to come up with the idea. But I want to make sure all of the 'I's" are dotted and "T's" crossed before I share the details so I and my idea are fully protected.

Bottom line, it will only cost $2 and 5 minutes of your time to make a statement which can not be ignored. And therefore showing the masses how many people partake and enjoy marijuana every day.

I'm sure there are a few lawyers out in the cyberworld that enjoy an occassional buzz. And those are the people I would like to talk to about legal protection to move this forward.

8. This sounds interesting, if only we had someone who could do Copyrights quick-like.

But I'm going out on a limb to trust him.

9. why not go talk to your local attornies

10. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Talk to an attorney who like me uses this website because we have something in common. In dealing with local attorneys, I probably will not learn if they partake since they need to protect their image in the community.

This is one of the vested interest I am looking for. An attorney that enjoys gettng high, uses this website and is willing to provide legal advice pro bono. Such as, is this even eligile to protect by copyright/trademark? If it is, how do I go about getting those documented registrations/protections. If I can get that. Then I will happily share my idea on this and many, many other formus.

But without some kind of protection to me, if I share my tboughts now. Anyone can run with this idea and call it there own. And they win and I loose because they had better resources or timing to promote this grass roots campaign.

And please don't be offended if you approach me to offer your time, services and help. Because I will be asking for substansiation to your creditials before I accept or implement any advice. Please don't waste your time or mine if you are not serious and legitimately willing to help in some way.

11. Spit it out bro.

12. #12 Shipwreck, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    There's nothing that somebody with no power can say to change the whole basis on why the DEA fights for destroying families on their agenda.

The marijuana plant is the most amazing thing that this world has. Period. There is nothing else to say. You cut the female's buds and you get high, it's the safest drug there is, and it's cheap.
    Hemp has a use for more than 25,000 uses. If we could build our society around hemp and the ethanol/plastics/papers then this world's problems WOULD be fixed.

Why isn't it legal?

It's because the government KNOWS of the uses for it. They know that hemp can replace fossil fuels. (Hemp also burns cleaner than ethanol made by corn) the government just chooses to make people live in the shithole of a world that we reside.

When the people have a victory that goes against the government it's heard nationwide.
    When the government implements new rules, it's normal.

Why?
    Why aren't the people running this country?

Because America is a fucking piece of shit country that's why.
    We have 30,000 people DYING in Mexico because the US doesn't want to change their agenda.
    WHAT THE FUCK
    Democracy doesn't work.

13. You think everytime someone burns or grows your gonna get paid on a copyright. Your idea is a FAIL before we even know what it is.

14. Absolutely not! This isn't about sending me money. But if it turns out that this generates financial reward in some form. Then I want to make sure that it is traceable to me. Yes, it means paying taxes.

15. I really have no idea why you made the thread.. You knew everyone would want to know what the idea was, stop holdin' back man.

16. I don't diagree with you at all. You are well versed. And that is one of my points. Smokers are a slient majority. And this idea will allow us to be heard and seen, in the vail of privacy and not traceable to the participate.

17. Why the hell do you need a copyright if you don't care about the money? If you have an idea that could potentially help move towards legalization, go DO it.

Giving you what you're asking for isn't worth the time or the effort. Plenty of people have probably already thought of your idea.

18. You shouldn't come onto the forums expecting to find a lawyer whose going to help you with legal issues on how to protect your idea. If you have an idea about how marijuana can be legalized, share it. Because if you don't, how can I even think you're any better than the Pharmaceutical tycoons who want marijuana kept illegal for their own business interests.

You could be that one dude who had that awesome idea that got marijuana decriminalized... But you sound to held up on the issue of not receiving credit. Just knowing you got shit in motion should be enough of a reason.

19. We all have an idea here. (many of us have many ideas)

This particular forum is inhabited by those who do more than merely hope for legalization, we all want to push for it. Most of us don't give a rats ass whether we get paid or not as long as we get the result that we all want.

Personally, I find myself to be overly engaged in this and have had many ideals. I talk to whomever I can about it, attempt to sway oppinions in everyday conversations (easily done when talking with a soft tongue amongst friends that grow to like me), plot with my buddies on how to do it, and live the life of an activist.

When pot becomes legal, it will not be thanks to the effort of one man or woman, it will be because we have all done our part, sharing our ideals with eachother, trying ideas discussed, and putting new ideas to work.

If I have an idea to help our cause I will share with everyone and be tickled pink if someone decides to use it besides myself.

This being said I think Ima make a thread dedicated to openly discussing eachothers ideas so that we can brainstorm as a team...

But remember that >>>I<<< made it so NONE of you damn greedy bastards get any of my fame or recognition that >>I<< DESERVE!!!! (jk haha!)

But real-talk, making a thread, let's discuss!

20. Well, the Op seems like a pretty bright fellow. I wonder why he can't come up with a simple summary of his idea without revealing too much. I'm sure you can reveal to us part of your plan without giving it all away. Plus, not saying anything is more shady than anything else.