AB390 Failed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ras Jaycee, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I heard that ab390 was shot down today? Anyone have anything to verify this/ know any information about why?

2. AB 390 was definitely a success! But no, it will not become law because of legislative deadlines. It passed the Assembly Public Safety Committee and needed to make it through the Health Committee before today and there was no way to fit it in - so.... it's now dead. Still, this is a huge victory.

This blog post and video explains it all: DARE Generation Diary: CA Assembly Committee Passes Marijuana Legalization Bill

3. Ok, good to know. I was scared there for a minute. These prohibitionist lack understanding and comprehension of the failures on this war on drugs, and the harm it does to the lawful citizens of this country.

Especially CADFY, we must stop them from spreading lies.

4. Word bro, none of them relize how much money everyone is loosing

5. It would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been from the Health committee. I have a feeling it wouldn't have made it anyway. I think we're all surprised that the Safety committee passed, at least I am. I think the bill will be reintroduced and revised very soon. Even so, it still wont pass the legislature. That's why we got the initiative this november. It's gonna be a hard fight. It's not a perfect piece of legislation for legalization, but it's legalization and we should take it, and revise it later.

6. #6 Ras Jaycee, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    I honestly believe Washington state will legalize and regulate first. If you look at my thread i posted named "Great FUCKING Debate" They introduce the HB2401 to legalize and nearly everyone there seemed as though they would pass it. They will vote on it next Wednesday.

Edit: here is the link

http://forum.grasscity.com/legaliza...t-fucking-debate-washington-legalization.html

7. I´m on this debates, hell let´s be positive I can feel change in the air, hopefully Europe will follow the USA

8. Europe follow the U.S.? Doesn't Portugal have legalization or decriminalization? Europe's well ahead of the USA on cannabis laws.

9. Curious as to what this november initiative is, what is it?

10. “I nearly lost everything—my home, my family and my reputation—as a result of taking that first puff of pot, and I have lived to regret it every day,” said Allen, who resides in drug-infested Oak Park, Sacramento. “We’ve made it our mission to stamp out this destructive drug once and for all, and we will not relent until our work is finished.”

:eek::eek::confused_2::confused_2::laughing:

Seriusly? Are they really going to go this far on the propaganda here? I've seen some propaganda but... wow....

:smoke:

11. Yeah it is bullshit, complete bullshit by the CADFY campaign. I called them and shared my reasons for why it should be legalize and they still came up with the same dumb half asses answers that would never hold up in a legal stature.

12. we still got the november vote

13. oh shit, this guy is going to stamp out cannabis once and for all! children in his neighborhood will have nothing to fear from that devil plant.:cool:

14. lol, I'm not much of a religious buff, but I know a bit about the KJV of the Bible, that and it was in Super High Me,

The only reason I don't really consider myself Christian anymore is I have found myself to be more of a liberal person, and the only thing typical Christian's like to do is rule other peoples lives. (You should do this, you should do that, or you'll goto hell)

15. So full legalization will still be voted on in november?

WTF was ab390 then? lol

16. It was an Assembly Bill.
    Whereas the Tax Cannabis one, is a ballot initiative where the VOTERS decide.

17. so next saturday is when will know if the safety and health committee voted yes or no.

18. No...The health committee had to take action on it by yesterday. It's dead on arrival.

19. Not sure if its true but i heard that Ammiano expected the bill to fail, but wanted to get people talking about legalization.