Denny's(restraunt) supports pot smoking!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by tokin', May 26, 2009.

1. #1 tokin', May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    Daily Fork - Denny's Commercial Reveals Unicorns Smoke Pot

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiOJ0-DoAcY"]YouTube - Denny's Allnighter " Regular Guy"[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqhiVw7tW1k&NR=1"]YouTube - Denny's Allnighter: "Thief"[/ame]

I couldn't believe it when I first saw it on TV

2. Mhm. Taco Bell recently jumped on the bandwagon as well, portraying hungry drive-thru stoners in their recent commercials. They (corporations) are starting to realize that MJ users are a built-in market audience of more than 14 million. Its no wonder the food industry were the first to capitalize.

I just wonder if further stereotyping will hinder our cause.

3. Jack in the box too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWVnPlUCrf8]YouTube - Jack In The Box Stoner Commercial[/ame]

4. Taco bell has one too? So does jack in the box i just remembered :D this is great

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KEh0KniRqU]YouTube - Two Tacos for 99 Cents!![/ame]

5. Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

6. Sure its funny, but make no mistake- they just want our money.

Wtf I'm rhyming. :p

7. Our money exchange for their support?... I'm game.:smoking:

8. No, I don't think it will hinder us. When people think of stoners they think its funny. what's the first thing you think about when you see a stoner movie about to come out? "oh man this shit gonna be funny!" When my parents saw the jack in the box commercial they started laughing..they knew what JITB was getting to, the guy was high so it made it even funnier. people love stoners:hello:

9. #9 Occultivator, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    As long as its limited to that. They would turn around and condemn us to avoid bad press in a heartbeat.

We won't get shit done always acting the clown.. (no pun intended) When we make our stand in the Supreme Court, do you want America to laugh at us? To your last line- I think you're giving the public way too much credit. The general public doesn't know shit about marijuana, or its users. I daresay the majority is anti-MJ. (Otherwise the shit would be legal by now, no?)

I do find the commercials funny, but I don't want uneducated people reinforcing negative stereotypes (especially if we endorse them) that will affect our children, you know?

10. They would lose more money pissing us off then anyone else. you think that they would want to lose millions pissing us off or take the bad press?

11. That is an old ad Jack in the Box did, I remember that from YEARS ago. Its amazing it took so long for other companies to catch on. But honestly when it came out .... I blazed super fat and re-inacted the commercial at my local Jack in the Box, which happened to be 10 miles away (well I thought it was at the time but I forgot about the one 1/2 mile down the street) it was one hell of a stoner mission.

12. How many tacos should I get? 30... THATS what I was thinking!

Nobody is into you! I'm into me duuude.. :hello:

13. I have seen them all except for the Denny's one. I was LOLing.

-C

14. How do you figure that? :confused: We are the minority.

15. Both of them or just that one, they are both different.

16. I love that NORML one, anyone know if it's real or shopped?

JITB has been doing stoner commercials for a while now. I remember seeing some years ago.

Let's not forget White Castle, they product placemented (is that a word?) an entire movie.

I'm surprised BK hasn't really done it, they are the "edgy" one, they seem to prefer scaring people into being hungry though.

17. You think there is a group of people the make more money from?

18. That is totally wicked!

19. Yes, that would be everybody else that eats at Denny's and doesn't smoke weed.