Mother-of-three, 31, dies from cannabis poisoning

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Yabasis, Jan 31, 2014.

1. [SIZE=10pt]Okay, so here is a News article from the UK I just come across while browsing the web. Here are a few sections from the story, at the bottom is a link to the full article! Checkout the comments page on there too! Happy reading tokers![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Devout British mother-of-three, 31, dies from cannabis poisoning after smoking a joint in bed[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]- It is believed mother-of-three suffered a heart attack triggered by the drug[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]- Gemma Moss had moderate to high levels of the drug in her system[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]- Usually, deaths associated with drug are a result of mixing it with alcohol[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A mother-of-three is believed to have become the first woman in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]Gemma Moss, a 31-year-old churchgoer, of Boscombe, in Bournemouth, Dorset, collapsed in bed after smoking a cannabis cigarette that led her to have moderate to high levels of the class B drug in her system.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Tests of her vital organs found nothing wrong with them although it was suggested she might have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by cannabis toxicity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Miss Moss' death was registered as cannabis toxicity and a coroner has recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]An inquest heard Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help get her to sleep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Her friend, Zara Hill, said she and Miss Moss smoked cannabis worth about £20 together in the week before her death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Miss Hill told police that Miss Moss smoked as much as £60 of the drug a week, although this was disputed by her family.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]'The level of canabinoids in the blood were 0.1 to 0.15 miligrams per litre, this is considered as moderate to heavy cannabis use.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html#ixzz2rvR09gp4 [/SIZE]

2. #2 cball, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    call bullshit right off...

half a joint a day killed her...LOL...they would have bodies piled neck deep on LA California street corners right now if that light usage could kill anyone...

the author, should be considered a professional troll...read his drivel here...a fucking nut case that twist what really happens is not a credible source...

3. I don't think that they actually had much else to go on. It does say "other prescription drugs" but doesn't list what these were... Hmmm...

4. wellllll this is some buuuuulllshiiit.
    Either its media bullshit, it was laced, or it was a coincidence she happened to be smoking ganj at the time in my opinion.

fixed...

6. These are annoying because I know some dumb bitch out there believes it.

7. It is possible, although very rare overdoses can occur with marijuana the same as they can with any intoxicating substance.

The difference is 1<8,748, and that's just alcohol (Figures adjusted for the U.K. dated 2011). :cool:

8. They are trying their hardest to make marijuana the bad guy, people are waking up & gov't is losing its grip Who Dat!

9. "Other prescription drugs" that could be anything! Take the wrong combo and one little chink in the chain and you're dead. Like Heath ledger :( Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. please don't talk about my husbands death, i'm still mourning :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. [quote name="nesw" post="19438576" timestamp="1391133083"]please don't talk about my husbands death, i'm still mourning :(Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Too soon? I'm so sorry mrs. Ledger., I didn't know :(Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I'm calling BULLSHIT!

13. #13 floating_by, Jan 31, 2014
    What does her majesty's kingdom say about some kid with NO drugs in their system falling over from a freak heart attack while playing a sport, for example?

We are not machines. We are human. Sometimes unfortunate things happen. There is no guarantee to life.

It's SO obvious the medical push is coming out of the UK (Sativex, anyone?)

14. the term cannabis toxicity bothers me. there is no evidence that supports cannabis is toxic, id love to see studies showing otherwise. she suffered a heart attack, the fact that she was smoking a joint at the time is just an unfortunate coincidence.

15. #16 Dr McJiblets, Jan 31, 2014
    Let me clear this up, everything you consume into your body has a "LDL" level assigned to it. LDL stands for Lethal Dose Low. It the the MINIMUM amount that could be fatal. Now, toxicity level is different. "Toxicity" is damage to body cells (NOT death). If you drink too much alcohol and feel nauseous, you're past the lowest toxicity of ethanol (alcohol). Even water has a toxicity. Why? Because you can overdose on it (and people have and died). It's a classification in the medical world to show true or hypothetical levels of danger. You have to pass through Lowest-Low Toxicity, Mild-Medium Toxicity, Severe Toxicity before reaching LDL (the lowest dose that can KILL you).

So, theoretically (pretend), you can overdose on THC.

In REALITY, to reach the LDL of THC, you would have to smoke 15,000 pounds of marijuana...in fifteen minutes.

Therefore, IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO OVERDOSE ON MARIJUANA. 

Even if you could, what happens when you have more than enough weed? You FALL ASLEEP.

In ten thousand years of recorded use, there has never been a death caused by cannabis.

16. In my 1000's of case studies I have never reached the LD50 :cry:

17. Classic government propaganda...

This is going to stunt legalisation in fuckin Stone Age dumb fuck Britain

I dont know if you read the story or not but this isn't true

[​IMG]