Photographing Plants Under Hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrMileHigh, Jun 5, 2014.

1. This seems to work pretty well for me, so I thought I would share the tip.

Before photographing your plants under HPS go into your cameras or phone camera's White Balance settings and change it to "Incandescent". Usually they will have a picture of a sun, beach, fluorescent bulb (which will color correct fluoro), and a light bulb.

This should take away the yellow hue of the pictures.

Here's with and without.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is the one with pictures, since the app double posts everything.

3. It's a good tip, one that a lot of people (surprisingly) don't consider when they take shots or shoot vids and post on places like YouTube. I follow some serious growers on YT (medicropper for instance) who always use the white balance features in their large warehouse grow spaces, and it makes viewing way easier. Good tip OP

4. Thanks! I don't think a lot of people realize how easy it is. I've also seen people use a special lense that you just hold in front of the camera and it makes everything look perfectly normal.

5. Most cameras and phones should change this automatically. Mine's always set on auto so does it for me. 

In addition, if you get the lines appearing on the screen, taking the shot through sunglasses or any lens with a decent uv filter takes them away completely

• Like Like x 1
  6. I noticed on my phone changing the mode to portrait or night scene makes the lines go away.

7. #7 GoldGrower, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014

Mine gets lines with either orientation. I notice I get more lines with my magnetic ballast compared to my digital ballast. I also noticed on this current grow of mine that the magnetic ballast gives more bud. Or maybe the bulb in the magnetic ballast is younger, I can't remember the ages of them lol 

I'm going to try out night scene now, if this works it's going to be awesome

Edit...
    Lol I just realised you meant portrait light setting, not orientation lol. I just went through all my light settings including portrait and night mode. None made any difference