The Journey of indoor scrog - New SuperKush w/ pics *Enjoy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Freshyweed, Sep 26, 2013.

1. #1 Freshyweed, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    CHANNEL+ is a very fast finisher, with an enormous aroma and amazing bouquet, perfect for S.C.R.O.G cultivation. It grows like a Sativa, thin and without many leaves. When flowering, it still grows taller but keeps a compact shape, like an Indica. Genotype: BigBud x Skunk***CHANNEL+ has won couple of prizes during the years, thanks to its very pleasant levels of THC and CBD. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380175300.877277.jpg 12th September I dropped these seeds in jiffy cups. Two days later and they are already sprouted.After some days I noticed the stems was purple, and wondering what I've could have been doing wrong!? I only watered them with water.. Found out its important to have right pH value 6.5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380176945.001203.jpg I've been using the LITFA-method these days during the seedling process. And the stems looks like they turning to green again. I've also heard the purple stems can be genetic, but it's not such a big deal if they are healthy. Today it's the 12th day in the seedling process, and I still keep it in my closet. I will transplant in bigger buckets in some couple of days, and build a new grow place for my babies.I will keep this thread updated with setup info and use it as a grow diary. Are you blades ready to join me in this adventurous journey? :DAny feedbacks or advice are much appreciated! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380177321.533413.jpg Peace n' Love!

2. I've had purple stem seedlings that turned out great :)  I believe my Blue Cheese was a pretty damn purply stem one

3. Subbed man good luck on the grow! Keep us posted ;)

4. Also you named your ladies yet?!

5. Are you going to grow them with the scrog method? If so please keep posted! I'm following either way I'm looking to see someone RECENT do a grow before I do my own. Lots of pictures and updates about how it's going, please!

6. Thanks dude! Nope, I find it too early to name it yet. I'll name it straight after I transplant them to bigger buckets :)

7. Yup, my plan is to grow with the scrog method indoor. I'll use this thread as my grow journal as well. Subscribe to this thread and I will keep you guys posted with pictures and info during these days! You might catchup some tips and tricks from other blades as well! ;)

8. Sounds good man! Hope my ladies will turn out good as well during this months. :p

9. I'm tagging along for the journey to keep an eye on how your scrog progresses. Doing a scrog of my own, so it'll be fun to compare methods.

Good luck on the grow!

10. Oh thanks man! This is my first scrog grow as well, so any feedbacks or advice are much appreciated! :)

11. #11 kenabyss, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    The auto cheese i have now had a blue stem as a seedling, i didnt really worry bout it, look at my grow now, its doing superbly .
    You did the right thing noticing the ph significance, as a tip , if your on a budget and yout tap water is too high ph level, you can bring it down extremely cheaply by adding a tiny bit of lemon/lime squash to the water, just make sure you buy a low sugar diet squash ,saves mega bucks on ph control, i bought a ph control kit that came with measure tube,bottle of ph indicator(which i assume is iodine) and a colour chart, and a bottle of ph down, it cost about £6 i think and now the ph down has ben used, i just use the lemon squash (concentrate) to bring the ph down, i did this for the first time the yesterday,just using 5ml in 1l of water and gave the plant about 150ml to drain through , i always drain thru as im in coco coir and this flushes the salt build up, the plant seemed to absolutely love her 1st drink of lemon lime squash so i will continue to use it..
    im following this thread as i think you and i can learn a lot from each other :)

12. WHAT is  a SCROG? i still havent found out, i know a SOG is a sea of green but i dont think thats what you talking about.

13. Nice info dude! Yup, I currently living in Spain. You got both high temperature and humidity here. Also tap water have very high pH value, around 8. I've done some research and found the same method you mention to me. So I use a couple of l drops of vinegar in my water so the pH falling down to around 6.5. :)

Scrog-cultivation is a popular grow method to get most of the yield. It's sort of a LST. You will get most of grow place as well. I will update with my scrog setup next week when I transplanted my babies in bigger buckets. ;)

14. I never understood why some people think purple is a sign of a problem. I have grown many varieties (Colorado dispensary grower) that have purple stems. Purple leaf stems, purple main stock for many varieties is normal. I have seen, soild purple, striped purple, dark purple , light purple, all shades of purple. All of these plants were healthy. None of them hermied. All of them produced a good product. To tell you the truth ; When I see purple I know I have a happy healthy plant that is getting plenty of light. I love to see the purple. Bring on the purple

15. After some research and a reply from you on another thread, I now feel confident about the purple! ;)

16. I looked at my baby the other day and her branches are like top half purple bottom half green . Is that normal? Looked cool lol

17. Most likely ! Pretty isn't it?

18. Seems to be normal. Yes indeed it looks pretty!

19. Yoo, I'm back!

Just transplanted my plants to some 3L buckets.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380327228.945925.jpg

Still having problem to reduce the temperature in my closet. It's average on 30'C or 86'F.
    Guess I need to fix another fan, any other ideas if not?

I noticed today that the under leaves on my plants are sort of dried out or dead. Planning to just leave it the fuck alone, i guess they will heal if not fall off, am I right?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380327491.196895.jpg

20. What kinda soil you using? Im usin ffof and had same thing happen to me heard its a lil strong for seedlings if you don't flush it first. I ran a gallon of water thru mine and I got a much milder case then what you got. If it progresses cut em off. Sick leaves are a recipe for disaster, pests and diseases love em.