It smells..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cityofevil86, Nov 30, 2011.

1. hey ppl.. my 10day old plant smells skunky already.. is this normal? the strain is big bang2 and it was a feminsied seed.. i wasnt expecting this grow to be awesome seen as its a budget grow using cfl's but i was well proud when i smelt it..

2. yup yup, i remember a few of mine smelled so strong before flowering i panicked and gave it to a more suited friend. hahaha, do you have anyhting for odor control, or is it not really an issue? BE PROUD!

3. lol.. i dont have anything for the smell yet.. but ill have to get summit.. this is my first grow so i get a little worried at times.. ill have to man the fuck up haha.. im trying to add some pics but i have no idea how this is done.. can ya help?

4. hopefully this post should have 3 pics of my baby at 9days old

Attached Files:

5. im a genius...

6. damn my bad, i didnt even realize you were online, your baby looks really good man,ive seen alotta people kill em off by now haha keep her on this track and you shouldnt have much to worry about but smell, shes smaller than when mine smelled but that should just be a sign of things to come!! Oh and yeah your gonna wanna get shit to take care of the smell, diy carbon filters actually work and are alot cheaper than buying one. Ona gel and the likes work well too depending on size of room.

7. cheers man! ill have to have a good look into dealing with smell, ive spent most my time reading up how to look ater the plant and trying to cover all the basics i aint even had chance to deal with the other things like smell etc.. the grow space is bassically a cupbored.. floor space being 4x4 and 7ft tall.. (if that helps, im shite with measuring)

8. wow, thats alotta space! what are you using for lights , soil, nutes ect?
    P.S. The smell is no worry if the plant doesnt grow so sounds like your doing things in the proper order!

9. i might have got the size wrong lol.. it is about 7ft tall but the width is narrow.. im using cfl lights one 45w 6500k and i have a 85w 6400k on the way from ebay.. im gonna add more for side lighting as the plant grows.. im using a soil called growbag (lol) but i have canna coco for the transplant (which i dont know when to do??) i aint used any nutes as of yet but i have some baby bio.. i could get better nutes if the baby bio aint very good.. its pretty basic set up but i only ever want to grow the one plant and i dont wanna splash out on my first attempt.. any advice woud be very much apprieciated.

10. [quote name='"cityofevil86"']i might have got the size wrong lol.. it is about 7ft tall but the width is narrow.. im using cfl lights one 45w 6500k and i have a 85w 6400k on the way from ebay.. im gonna add more for side lighting as the plant grows.. im using a soil called growbag (lol) but i have canna coco for the transplant (which i dont know when to do??) i aint used any nutes as of yet but i have some baby bio.. i could get better nutes if the baby bio aint very good.. its pretty basic set up but i only ever want to grow the one plant and i dont wanna splash out on my first attempt.. any advice woud be very much apprieciated.[/quote]

We use multipal carbon filters as well as ona gel and still get some smell.
    But with just one plant...get a carbon filter larger then you need and put a blower on it and just suck air there the filter and blow it right out.
    The smell will get much much stronger!
    Like these....lol

SignSmoker

Attached Files:

11. them plants look great! ill do some research on the carbon filter.. tbh i dont even know what a carbon filter would even look like lol.. ebay seems to have everything i need these days so ill start there.. im guesing i have a few weeks at least before the smell starts creeping down the stairs.. i wouldnt be so bothered about the smell if my girlfriends rents didnt come visit so bloody often..

12. IMO transplants are more or less upto you, i mean sure the plant can and will outgrow and become rootbound but your gonna wanna transplant before that happens really, some people start and finish in the same containers. Hmmm how can i describe how to tell... hmm well some roots might stick out of drainage holes in bottom, SURE SIGN of transplanting needs. when a seedling has 3 – 4 true leaves, it is large enough to plant out in the garden/ transplant into a larger pot. hopefully some others will chime in with their ways of choosing when to upgrade rootspace!

13. #13 buddogmutt, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    be4 i added my filter...same problem...great problem to have but a problem none the less...i miss that smell....lol..now i only get to enjoy it(the smell)is during drying & curing

here's my filter and hook up...i prefer this method because it frees up growing space and works just as well...no smell in garage at all!!!

Attached Files:

14. Your sprouts look good. Good luck

I too am in need of some filter for sell, I got one auto going right now with none. The room it's in stinks but it doesn't come out from that. Pretty risky still :)

15. [quote name='"buddogmutt"']be4 i added my filter...same problem...great problem to have but a problem none the less...i miss that smell....lol..now i only get to enjoy it(the smell)is during drying & curing

here's my filter and hook up...i prefer this method because it frees up growing space and works just as well...no smell in garage at all!!![/quote]

The pre filter is pointless in this setup though...it's meant to filter dust etc.from getting into the carbon.
    If this is working for you that's great, but the preferred way to use them is to pull air thru them.

All that matters though is that it works for you.

SignSmoker

16. the prefilter came with si i used it.....but prefrence is determined by circumstances..7ft max height isnt much...add the hood and subtract a ft...so now u have 6ft of height but plants gotta be a ft away from bottom of light so subtract another ft...now my 5x5x7=a 5x5x5..and to have a huge filter inside...for tents my size..the prefered way is outside....
    Grow Tent - Passive Outtake Air Vs. Aggressive Air Flow - Monster Gardens.mov - YouTube

take a look and learn bro

17. why knock my info??...just add yours...im 100% correct..and thats why it works for me...it'll work for any1 who wants more room in their grow tent/space...

18. Wasn't knocking yours....was offering info.
    I have 6 tents running...so I think I know how to set them up.
    Maybe your tents are different then mine...mine can easily support the weight of the hoods and filters and not be in the way.
    Most reflectors are triangular and gives a perfect area to put a filter....at the top of the tent where it should be to suck the warmest air.
    (some people set them on the floor...which isn't wise since you would be sucking the coolest air out...not your situation though.)

....but never mind...obviously you posted and don't want any comments or constructive advice.

Good luck with your grow!
    (since it may be taken this way...I will point out I'm not being sarcastic)

SignSmoker

Attached Files:

19. Btw...blowing out the filter will mean it WILL fail quicker...as you are pumping dust, dirt, hair, and anything else you can think of into your filter.
    While everyone else (for the most part) is stoping that from getting into the carbon and clogging the filter over time....by the pre filter.
    It's called a "pre" filter for a reason....not a post filter.
    Pre meaning before....my 5 year old knows pre means before and there for air should enter the system thru there first.
    ....like I said though...if it works for you great...that's all that matters.

Have a great night.

SignSmoker

20. i posted as an answer..not looking for help...and you were wrong in your responce to my answer...and the vid i used showed that...i gave the demensions of my tent...so obviously its different...and the structure is fine(like i have an inferior tent..lol)..its the grow room thats increased..i never said it couldnt support it....stop trying to be witty with humbled insults...you're not intelligent enough....just admitt you were wrong and move on...