Any advice for a grow that just won't finish?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ghunter, Nov 1, 2011.

1. This is my 4th grow. The first 3 were known indica strains that finished more or less on time.

This grow is mystery seeds from a seed bank. They are definitely sativa as I had to tie them down hard to keep them in my limited space.

I am at about 13 1/2 weeks since going 12/12. 3 Females, 1 male culled early on.

They look very healthy and have filled out nicely but they have been at about 80% clear 20% cloudy for about 2 weeks and the pistols are still standing straight out for the most part and have not changed color.

Any advice is appreciated!

I am willing to wait it out if this is what it takes but 14 weeks+ ? Can this be the case?

2. Sativas take a lot longer to finish than Indicas. Sometimes upwards of 16 weeks.

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 153.jpg
      153.jpg
      File size:
      422.4 KB
      Views:
    • 154.jpg
      154.jpg
      File size:
      488.9 KB
      Views:
    • 155.jpg
      155.jpg
      File size:
      362 KB
      Views:
    • 156.jpg
      156.jpg
      File size:
      273.2 KB
      Views:
  4. I'm certainly not and expert, but on my first grow I asked about how to know when it's done flowering. I also was growing a mystery strain, I was told that some strains are ready when the trichomes start to turn milky, and on other strains they need to go thru milky and start to turn amber. I harvested when It was 50 / 50 milky and clear, it's good smoke, but I wonder if I should have let it go until I was seeing some amber. As I read this I noticed 2 things, 1. I in no way gave you any advice that will help you. 2. The smoke must be pretty good cause I'm high and I'm rambling. Nice pics though.

5. lol Big, thanks for the truth

6. id just wait it out. it does look like you might have a pH problem tho, maybe you have hard water which could slow things down a bit. do you pH your water before using it. it might speed things up if you give them some acidic waterings, or an all out flush.

7. They look great to me for this far along, definitely a sativa..look at those leaves! I'd give it a couple more weeks, see if it doesn't ripen up a bit more.

8. lookin nice, many say that you need to wait till you have 20% amber. But that also depends on the high you want, less amber will be more head high, more amber is more a body high. So use 20% as a baseline and harvest to your personal needs!

Do not harvest too early though or your compromising yield. It packs on most of the weight in the last 2 weeks.

9. If you want a faster harvest, switch to 14 hours off 10 hours on. the buds will grow larger by the end if you stay on 12/12 but take longer.

10. Thanks guys! I am very happy with the yield, definitely my largest so far. My preferred method to harvest is to watch the pistols. When they pull back in it's heavy water and 3 days of darkness then a nice slow cure.

I was just concerned with the amount of time these are taking, but I have plenty of time. I will just wait it out I guess.

11. Final result 5.9oz dry! My largest yield to date.

Just over 15 weeks flowering.

12. I know your done, but for future reference...it looks like they could have been stunted due to high PH. Did you keep an eye on ph? Something was up with the way those leaves were curling. Something to think about for next time.