AutoMaria, SuperBud and Cheese

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pantyfluff, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, thought i'd start a journal for my latest grow, My last attempt was with bagseed which had its issues but I feel i've gained enough experience to hit up some good genetic strains.

I've decided to do 4X autoMaria (auto as the name suggests) and 1X superbud and 1X cheese.
    The ch and sb were donated sprouts from a fellow grower who only got the 2 out of 8 seeds and decided to try and germ another 8 for his 8way nft setup.
    Win for me, free seedlings.... hope his other 8 come up and he doesn't want them back lol ;)

Anyway heres my idea, I'm gonna veg them all out under my 180w fluoro rig (24/0) and when the first signs of flower appear on the autos i'll change the light to 400w HID still on 24/0.
    I'm gonna LST them all not tried it yet but looks wicked from all the examples i've seen, and hopefully by the time the autos are ready for harvest i'll put the ch and sb onto 12/12 thus having 2 huge low level plants. and a healthy crop of autos to keep me ripped until theyre ready. :D

I'd appreciate any thoughts on how anyone thinks this might go, any pitfalls to avoid etc. even if you think its a great idea or i've lost my mind.
    all comments are welcome and appreciated.

I'll try and keep up regularly with posts and will pop some pics up when there's something worth seeing :wave:

2. the superbud and cheese seedlings are coming along nicely, 2nd set of leaves are starting to form and theyre looking good.
    I planted 4 automaria seeds out of a pack of 5, the 5th 1 didnt look great, kinda small and greenish white. I kept it tho, in case of emergencies...
    So anyway I planted 2 of the seeds in rootriot cubes and 2 in a mix of coco and perlite/vermiculite which will be the grow medium for all the plants eventually. the reason for this was a bit experimental, i'd read far too many posts and arguments on this site and others about the best ways to germinate seeds, personally i've had best results just dropping them straight into the grow medium but i had RR cubes from a failed cloning attempt and thought id try them.

Its now been apx 48 hrs since seeds went in so fingz xd for a full turnout!

3. quick update, all 4 seeds have popped above the growing medium! should be plain sailing from now on in... hope i've not jinxed it!

appears theres no discernable difference between root riot cubes or otherwise yet. we'll see in the development of the plants...

4. Good luck dude! Don't forget to take pics often and keep us updated!

5. Journal day 5... Finally got some pics of the ladies, I'm calling them SB (SuperBud), CH (CHeese), and the AutoMarias M1, M2, M3, and M4 in the order they sprouted. :hello:

M1 and M2 were planted directly into the coco mix, M3 am M4 were planted in RootRiot cubes... 1&2 have had a few issues, M1 couldnt shed its shell on its own so i pulled it off.. since then its got an under developed leaf which wont bend back. the first leaves are pushing it out the way tho so i'm not worried.
    M2, the first leaves are stuck together at the top! again, not worried as the new leaves are pushing it apart.

M3&M4 have been doin well, check pics for info!! :D

Not sure how to upload pics... will post when i find out :eek:

6. I'm shockingly bad at keeping up with this journal but here goes...
    All plants now re-potted as of 2 days ago
    Cheese is booming! looking super healthy and deep dark green.. Superbud is tiny... not sure why, its had the same attention and feed as everything else, has started to respond well now its in its new pot.
    AutoMarias are all looking healthy... altho M2 is looking very bright green and i've spotted a couple of yellow spots on M1 and M3. On the subject of seedlings, it looks to me like the root-riot cubes won over direct planting in the coco, within a day or 2 the plant development was vastly improved and the plants were double the size!

I have now changed my feed to Ionic Hydro Grow at just below full strength for all plants, I'm still bottom feeding as i had reasonable results with this last time and I cant afford anything else yet.... would like to organise an auto feed system tho, if anyones got any good ideas for a macGuyver/Renegade feeding system please contribute.

Cant think of anything else just now, oh yeah any advice on the yellow spots? the leaf ends are starting to curl up a bit too....

7. im growing a superbud also....subbed!

8. Hey Naturesforce, thanks for subscribing, hope i dont disappoint with my lack of posts...:smoke:

How is your Superbud coming along? mine is honestly tiny... its like 2 weeks ahead of my autos and theyre all bigger than it...:confused:

I dont know what to do to make it taller

PS ur signature is funny as fuck :D

9. :yay::yay:While im on...
    I think its almost time to start LST on my cheese http://cloudimages.grasscity.com/smilies/yay.gif

I wish SB was at a reasonable size so i could do that too

M123&4 are doing nicely, not much to report...

I'm having trouble finding out how to post pics in my thread, can anyone help?:eek: