First CFL Grow, Autoflower GreenOmatic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Araltus, Jul 5, 2011.

1. #1 Araltus, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
    Day 3 after germination. Had her growing under 2 26-watt CFL's since she sprouted. Just added 2 more 26-watt CFL's today. Have not seen how she will react to the additional lights yet. Im running 24/0 for a few days then switching 20/4. Throwing in a question...Should i lightly mist her/top of the soil for the first week? How often?

Any suggestions for my current setup?

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil in 1.5gallon pot
    4 26-watt CFL's, 2 of each 2700k/6500k
    Happy Frog Fruit and Flower dry mix (5-8-4) for nutes when needed

Here is a pic of my set up in a closet
    [​IMG]
    Pic below is of it first sprouting
    [​IMG]
    Pic below is 24 hrs after the one above
    [​IMG]
    Pic with my 4 CFL's
    [​IMG]

2. bump... Anyone know if all 4 CFL's is too much for the seedling? temp sits around ~84F

3. Back off to one or two until its a little bigger. Also, temps are getting a little warm, try to keep it under 80f.

4. Watch out that ocean forest is to strong for the green o magic there really sensitive to nuts. Mine had a problem with FF soil to early.

5. #5 Araltus, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
    Update...Havent watered her since i wet the entire pot for my germinated seed. Have done some light misting of the leaves. Cant wait for next set of 3's:hello:
    Day 5 from seed
    [​IMG]

Shot from the side
    [​IMG]

6. Update...Day 8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Healthy little one, keep it up, she will get big in little time. :smoke:

8. #8 Araltus, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    Day 11... It is ~1.75 inches tall
    She is about to get her second watering with an Organic Tea mix i found. (made with Happy Frog® Fruit & Flower Organic Fertilizer (5-8-4) )

Mild TEA- For Weeks 1 - 3
    "You have the option to adjust your pH of your water down to around 6.5-7, it is not required but helps keep your soil pH ballanced while using the TEA. Then add 1 table spoon of Fox Farm Happy Frog Fruit and Flower, per gallon of water. You will need an air stone to bubble this solution for at least 4 hours, strain to remove the majority of solid matter that doesn't disolve. Water your plants very well with this TEA until you gets some run off,, if your soil is very dry before applying the TEA please water it first with plain pHed water, then apply.. you want some run off. Only use this TEA at days 7-10, and again around day 17-21."

I used 3/4 tbsp Happy Frog F&F and 1/2 tsp Unsulfured black strap molasses per gallon of water

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Day 13...I think she liked the tea :hello:
    [​IMG]

10. Looking forward for this grow! Might want to invest in some more lights though.

11. I'll be following this one!

12. be very careful with nutrients. I honestly wouldn't add anything until week 4 or so with fox farm soil. I fried one of my green o matics by adding too early and stunted its growth. unfortunately I think you will be dissatisfied with your final yield. those green o matics are fast and easy but you only end up with a week or 2 of smoke. they grow too fast and flower too early to really top them etc. mine is under a 90w triband UFO and 120 w of cfl.

13. #13 Araltus, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    I went light on my first nutrient tea and I won't be feeding her every watering. However, she will be getting 1/2 teaspoon/gal of Brer Rabbits unsulphered blackstrap molasses with every watering.

As small of a yield as she gives, I didnt really have much of a choice but to go with this micro grow. I needed it to be stealthy as possible. I get high off just watching her grow since this is my first time :smoke: . I may try some LST later on. There are so many little side branches popping out, I will try to get a close up pic of them in just a bit.

I may end up getting more lights down the road when she gets bigger, maybe say around day 35 when she's starting budding heavily. The only constraint for me with lights is heat. With a consistent 24 hr light the temp ranges from 77-82 F. I'll certainly try to add more lighting later, but if the temps go up too much I'll just finish off with what I have

14. #14 Araltus, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
    End of Day 14, close up shot of the multiple branches

[​IMG]

Possible 2 little white hairs, didnt expect to see any for another few days or so! These are the only 2 i could see on the whole plant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. nice nice, but what do you mean 20/4 to finish?

16. #16 Araltus, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
    I will be switching the light cycle to 20/4 for the last few weeks or so, until its ready to harvest. Mostly going to do it to get the temp. to drop ~10 degrees F at night

17. Half way through Day 16, almost every little side branch (4 well formed) is showing female pistils now. The top shoot is also forming small ones. I am going to try to snap some pics later, not sure if they will be clear enough to see the tiny hairs!

The plant has seemed to have skipped the 5 finger leaf from the main stem too. From 1 to 3 to 7 fingers. I dont think this is the norm, just some plant genetics at work?

18. #18 Araltus, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    End of Day 16..

[​IMG]
    Not the clearest pic but u can make out the pistils
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Update, Day 21...What should I do to try and even my canopy out?? Two of the really long branches that you can see in the second pic are semi covered by some fan leaves at the 4th node, should I snip them off. Suggestions are wanted please :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. bump... shes growing tall quickly, need some suggestions por favor!