i got soil no nutes yet help me out

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blitzkrieg'd, Apr 17, 2011.

1. i got light warior and roots organic i plan to mix them both and add perlite

good plan?

will i run into any problems if i dont add nutrients or plant food or whatever?

i have water and soil ph testers and will def be maintaining the ph

i dont want and deficiencies
    suggest me something or lemme know if im good without them

2. how the hell
    24 people viewd this and dont have anything to say

common the title says help me out

3. I think you're going to need some nutes. You might want to check out the organic forum and amend the soil to a mix that won't need nutrients.

4. Go with the fox farm nutes since you already went with the light warrior but get some happy frog or ocean forest for veg and flowering when you transplant them. I went with the fox fam happy frog and tiger bloom and I'm happy so far with the results. Wish I would have gotten the big bloom and grow big as well though. O'well next time!

5. thanks guys ...when in bought the roots organic the guy said its same as fox farm ocean forest..was he lying?

id rather not switch soils

is the tigerbloom whats gonna provide my nitrogen and potassium....

6. You really need to have the while ff line but if ur pockets rnt that deep
    U at least need the tri (big bloom, grow big,& tiger bloom) it sells for around 50 bucks and trust me it's well worth it I myself am using the hole line along with the ff ocean forest soil and I'm am extremely happy with the outcome so far

7. The tiger bloom is for the flowering stage the big grow is for the veg stage and the big bloom is all the micros are

8. #8 trichome fiend, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011

...your workin with some quailty soil there... depending on pot size and what kind of light your using, you shouldn't have to add anything for about a month, besides H2O. Your soil choice has microborganisms/fungi/bacteria alive in it, hince the term, "organic" True organics depend on the life of microorganisms not N/P/K to continue the "soil food web" (VIEW IMAGES)

soil_food_web_microbes.jpg
    ...once you add synthetic fertilizers (or salts) you kill these microbes (they get dehydrated), leaving your plant to rely solemnly on the synthetic fertilizers that you'll have to contine to pump into your soil. If you wish to reap the benefit of your soil choice, I would contine organic, IMO....Watch these videos I drop to do just that by using (AACT) Actively Aerated Compost Tea. Happy Growing! :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WXBGonPAu0&feature=related]YouTube - How to make a Compost Tea Maker (Part 1 of 3)[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O25LugxZUFI&feature=related]YouTube - How to make a Compost Tea Maker (part 2 of 3)[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtbvlQBu7WY&feature=related]YouTube - How to make a compost tea maker (Part 3 of 3)[/ame]

Attached Files:

9. tiger bloom is for flower only?

i highly encourage u to use the foxfarm line of products. I have Ocean Forest soil ... and all 3 of their nutes ... grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom .. and my plants LOVE it

10. u are the man trich fiend ...u answer to every thread i make

i will def be making this stuff

the perlite is ok and wont kill my microbes in my soil right?

11. ...perlite is added to soil for drainge/root aeration and will not harm your microbes....

12. I use Pro-Mix Hp w/Mycorise. Mix that 3 to 1 with perlite. For nutes I am using the General Hydroponics FloraMicro and FloraBloom, Botanicare Cal-Mag, and Canna pk 13/14 (only in 5th week of flower and only till tips of leaves start to burn). Use the Bloom and Micro and cal mag thru the whole grow (from veg to flower).

(Flower schedule, use weeks 1-4 schedule for veg also!)

Week 1-4
    6ml of FloraMicro
    9ml of FloraBloom
    5ml of cal mag

Week 5
    6ml of FloraMicro
    9ml of FloarBloom
    5ml of cal mag
    5ml of pk 13/14 (only till tips of leaves start to burn!!!)

Week 6-8
    FLUSH with tap water pH'd to 6.8

Feed with EVERY watering except when you flush.

Thats the regiman i use and NEVER any defincencies or nute burn or anything!! Follow this regimen and you will be successful!!

13. ...also, check out, "compost teas", or "AACT" on Youtube....you'll get alot of ideas for your tea recipes and tea brewers. ;)

14. #14 trichome fiend, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011

...hey bro, not here to claim organics are the best way to grow, I actually flower hydro only atm...but, soil and hydro/synthetics really aren't a good mix. Soil is a great buffer for the salts, and your pH will never be dialed all the way in with hydro fertz. I know of many, many people that do it the "near" exact way you do, and I've grown similar in the past. Once I gave AACT a shot, I doubled my yield. (just say'n) Don't knock it until you try it.

...but, did you know that your killing the (endo/echo) mycorrhiza once you put your hydro fertz in?...so honestly, your not reapping the benefit of the mycorrhiza, and would be just as good not having them at all. The lime in your promix is surely helping you to combat the salts though, so that's good.

...to each his own you know. But, IMO, leave the hydro fertz with hydro growing.

15. #15 Lucky4Lyf, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    WOW! Thats crazy cuz I have been growing like this for about 8 years now! Never had any problems! Best nutes and soil mixture I have found. Used to go with the FFOF and FF nutes, but who wants to pay the prices for that!! Never EVER had a problem with pH. If I do I use GH pH up/down. This way the pH stays right around 6.8, which is perfect for soil/soilless growing. I use the Flora Micro thru the whole grow to keep those valuable micro nutrients in there. Thank you for your opinion tho! I appreciate your knowledge on the subject. I was simply letting this new grower know what has worked for me for years!

16. I'm also a fox farm fan, I've had good results with this line of products. I would recommend starting of with the Big Bloom, Grow Big and tiger bloom.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Hi guys. New to the forum. Great info here.

Just got a bag of FFOF for my 1st grow of Auto Berry and Blackjack. Planning on germinating in a few days, but I'm noticing alot of contradictory info in regards to FFOF and seedlings. Can I mix 1 part perlite with it and be OK or should I use different soil and then transplant?

Planning on getting FF trio of nutes but they aren't needed until later in the grow right?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Just wanna make sure. There's so much to learn.

18. #19 trichome fiend, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011

...exactly, I never said that giving soil synthetic fertilizers won't work....but if you were to use the hydro fertz with a hydro medium, look at the buds you can get.... You can throw fertz in there by following someone else's footsteps, but review whos footsteps your walking in. ;)

trainwreck vs tapemeasure.jpg

trainwreck vs. 5 gal bucket (2).jpg

Attached Files:

19. I am in no way experienced, I am only on my first grow, but I have 6 plants right now, all of which have started in FFOF soil for 100% of their lives. They are all in week 4 of veg, and are EXTREMELY healthy looking. All of my plants have stood up to it, looks like the loved it!

Also, I think the FFOF has enough perlite in it already ... I dont add any extra myself.

foxfarm has put out a new feeding shedule..

[​IMG]

you can see here, that you can ctually start using the big bloom right from the seedling. I chose not to though. I started this schedule are Week 2... It said 6 tsp of big bloom, and 2 tsp of grow big. I did 1/4 strength for my first intro to nutes. then 1/2 the next time ... and fulll the time after that