INDOOR HYDRO MH/HPS White Widow X Big Bud & Blue Mystic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nagravie, Apr 8, 2011.

1. This is my 3rd grow but my first journal. My tent is about 4' X 4'X 6' With 2 400 Watt MH/HPS lights. I am only running one now though to save electricity (will clone 2 main plants to get 12 plants). I have two 10 gallon Hydro kit with drip and a air bubble system. I have 3 intake fans that bring in fresh air from the outside, and one strong outtake fan at the top. One fan is also running inside the tent to ventilate the inside. I'll include pictures of my setup and first week pictures in this thread.

Attached Files:

2. Here is some more pictures. I started them on 1/4 nutrients and moved them the hydro kit permanently. They are on a 18-6 light schedule now. I will be moving them to a 20-4 soon.

Attached Files:

3. Here are some more pictures. The plants are currently on 20-4 light cycle. This is the end of week 3.

Attached Files:

4. I just topped the plants today. The white widow (ww) in the top left corner was topped at the 6th node. The unknown in the top right (probably sativa) was topped also at the 6th node. Blue mystic (BM),middle left, topped at the 4th node. The BM,left middle was topped at the 5th node. small BM in bottom cups are younger and usually aren't in that hydro box, just moved for picture.

Attached Files:

5. Thought i would take pictures of the 2 main plants. The White widow and Blue mystic. I top cropped them 2 days ago and these pictures were taken yesterday. These include a good side view.

Attached Files:

6. nice. you will get some bush plants there.how long do you want to veg them ? I vegged mine almost 5 weeks under 600MH lamp.but as you already saw, I`m growing in soil, never tried to grow in hidro.Is it easier than soil ? Or what is the difrence? more yeld?

7. Took me a while to get use to hydro but i really like it now. very low maintenance once started cause watering can be set to auto timers.
    i read that hydro does have the capability of higher yield because it can get more nutrients to the roots.
    i'll keep posting pictures as the get older. they are mad bush now since i topped them.

8. Oh and i will be vegging them for roughly 8 weeks. i topped them at 4, cloning them at 6 (supercropping) and scroging my main plants at 7 while topping my clones after its first week. leaving a week to grow a bit more and then i will flip them.

Anyways. here are some more pics 5 days after topping them. MAD bushy so i started them on LST so my clones will have bigger leaves.

Attached Files:

9. this is the exact opposite hydro can create much larger yields because the bigger rooter systems. but most of the time seem to lack the quality that comes with good soil grows.

10. They are lookin super healthy man....keep it up!

11. Trimmed a few bottom leaves yesterday on most of the plants. Been keeping my babies on LST to get the bottom more bushy before i get clones in a week or so.

Attached Files:

12. NEED HELP!?!?!

my humidity has been pretty low (30ish) this whole time till now and i don't want my plants to stress and hermie. can anyone give me tips of how to let my plants rest so they can recover?

thanks

Attached Files:

13. Put a bucket/pot/something with water in it inside the room and expose it to the light. The heat/light will cause water to evaporate and bring your humidity up in the room.

14. Clones.

I got some clones off my plants today. Never done clones before so i need some help with what im doing. i have the plants on a heating pad. i used clonex rooting compound and jump start pellets. today is the first day and they are wilting a bit. but im keeping it most in the dome. i am using 2 46watt cfl for the 4 clones. is that enough lighting?

Attached Files:

15. They will wilt up a little at first until the roots start to form and they can take up some nutrients again. Right now they are just injured and reacting to it. You are doing it right though. Just keep the plugs moist and the dome on and moist as well. They should perk up within a few days.

Ideally you want more light than that, but that will work for now if that is all you have.

Just keep taking care of them and they will get going soon.

16. I have 2 400 Watt hps&mh light setup going on behind it for my main plants but the dome blocks off a lot of light. thanks for quick reply. that helps ease my mind :) i'll keep it up.

Root Problem: so i had a root problem with my main white widow and one of my blue mystics. the roots were growing upwards and popping out of the coco core. so i made a home made cover to cover them from the light but the water system still runs perfectly fine under the cover. does this look like it would solve my problem?

Attached Files:

17. It will help it out some, but to be honest with you the roots will just air prune themselves. Loosing those top roots won't hurt it, but yes, having it covered will save them.

18. those plants have some pretty big and healthy looking root mass. I wouldn't be too worried.

19. Hey thanks for getting back so quick. alright well thanks for the info. makes me feel better about it and not so worried that it will affect the ladies. how big do you think my babies will get if i flip them in a week?

20. they look great man i would say your good to flip them any time you want now. make sure when you flip you change your res out and do a very good cleaning of your res before changing over to bloom nutes.