How long after transplanting can I start 12/12?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by washmo, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ok GC,

I had some major issues with some shitty soil that I originally used on three of my plants and was facing a detrimental situation. So, after a month of growing and dealing with these issues I decided to go and get Fox Farm Happy Frog and switch out the soil. I filled a large tub of room temp water and gently took each plant out of their pot and submerged them in the water and very gently separated the shit soil from the roots. I then placed them in the new pots and new soil.

I feel that everything will correct itself now, however I was originally planning on starting 12/12 today, but I figured they would need at least a week to settle in to their new medium and home.

Is a week long enough to let them settle before switching to 12/12?

Thank you!

:smoke:

2. you can start 12 12 when ever you want. i would wait like 2 weeks after transplanting.

3. hey there, i would wait until the plants rebound and show vigorous growth before 12/12. with the in depth transplanting you did, feeding them some superthrive, thrivealive or basically any nute containing vitamin B1. will relieve the stress that the plants will be in for the next week or so. good luck:)

4. #4 washmo, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks guys!

Just from transplanting last night, this morning I checked on them and they have already perked up! This makes me very happy!

Trial by error on shitty soil has taught me an important lesson! Wish I would've known about FF before I started... Oh well. Learning and experience is great lol

5. ur welcome, one suggestion for using happy frog if u do not know, HF will feed ur plants for about 3 weeks.

on a side note most peeps blend HF with other high quality soils, due to HF's higher acidity. u will be fine, but try to find Fox Farm Ocean Forest for ur next go round and u should like the results!!

6. So would it be a good idea to use water at about 6.5 - 7 to help keep the acidity down? Or higher?

I saw FF Ocean Forest, but the guy at the hydro shop said he recommended the HF...

HF isn't bad though right? It smells SO good and rich! LOL

Thanks Man!

7. no problem:D

shoot for 6.5...

HF is a premium soil, so really u can't go wrong;). many growers will argue FFOF is the best premix for growing saying it is pretty much made for weed.

8. Sweet!

Yeah, I am SO glad that I found out about FF products! When I first started growing on Dec 26 all I could find was this crappy soil called 'The Expert Gardener' Just full of Thrips and soil gnats :mad:

I Actually had no idea that such amazing soil was produced other than what you find in walmart, lowes etc..