First Grow (pics) These are my spooks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DoinOtherThings, Nov 20, 2010.

1. This is my first grow Planted on Halloween (reference spooks).
    I need to name them but I haven't yet maybe Elvira and casper since they are Halloween babies.

I'm using coco with 6 23W CFL's and have the 4X4 footers in the back for side lighting when needed.

I think the CFL's are a little far away but I'm not getting to much strech and I am worried about the heat so better safe then sorry. My space isn't so big so I had to limit to it two and we will see how the space works out when they get a little bigger.

What do you guys think?

DOT

Attached Files:

2. you got a junk room:eek:i'd love a junk room..oh..the garage..thats mine..plants look great..what size are those pots..are they smart pots..if so killa...i'm subbed up..plants look like their lovin life...grow on bro:wave:

3. Those are 3 gallon smart pots. I'm so stoked they are doing so well.

The cabinet is about 16 inches across so i had to squish the pots a bit but i think they will be ok and they are some thristy little buggers.

DOT

4. Bump.... Think I posted to earily in the AM and didn't get alot of traffic.

5. how lightproof is the file cabinet..nice clean set up:smoke:

6. Ilike the inovative ways blades make there grow boxes. Looks great man. keep posten

7. Love the filing cab man that's a great idea.

8. check out vertical scrog..might really boost you yeild..not for this grow though:smoke:whats your temps run when its closed...or do ya close it:confused:

9. Thanks guys Ive been out of down and haven't had a chance to check my threads.

Yeah I though it was a good ideas as well.

It is completely light proof. it sits in a closet and when the door is shut you can't see crap in there. It was a bitch to get it that way but now its perfect.

I do close it and lock it because we have alot of company My temps roll around the mid 80's and am doing some home made CO2 (yeast and sugar) to help the plants in case the temps creep but I haven't had that issue.

I am using pc fans for intake and exhaust and I have a speed control on them and have knocked them down to 9 volts and they are all but silent.

No odor yet which suprises me but got my carbon filter ready when that happens.

Thanks for comments guys.

DOT

10. Nice. You wont have much of an oder prob till about half way through flower. Then look out.

I had to tape off the return air to the furnice because it was recirculating that heavenly smell throughout the house. I loved it but the wife not so much>

Have a good holiday bro and keep up good work

11. sounds great..might hafta up the fan when ya hook up your scrubber..airs tougher ta push through..kool on the co2...haven't messed with that yet:smoke:

12. Day 27

These are how the gals are doing so far.

Elvira is about 9 inches and Casper is about 7.

Entertaining the idea of Flower soon due to my circumstances.

Feel free to leave your thoughts here

Later guys

DOT

13. Day 33

Flower for 4 days.

Babies are doing well.

The pic kind of sucks but I have had to raise the light about 3 inches and they have grown about 7 inches since the last pics posted. They are now about 15- 16 inches tall.

Pulled some clones off so I'm hoping at least one is a female so I can keep it rolling. Should find out soon.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Attached Files:

14. looks good from what i can see......if ya turn off grow lights for a second and light plant with regular light...the pictures turn out way better for color and clarity...just a thought;)keep it up bro...growth rate is nice...they got their roots under em:hello:

15. Ok its been a few days since I posted.. so I wanted to throw in an update.
    Pics are much better this time.
    Day 6 of Flower

2 girls yes I said girls, I verified the sex about 30 min ago, Are doing very well as far as I know.

I counted 11 Bud sites on one and 13(Elvira) on the other.

I'm pretty stoked my first grow is doing as well as it is.

Any pointers are Welcome.

Talk to you Later

DOT

Attached Files:

16. Hey man, thanks for checkin my grow out.
    You should get bigger cfl's i have two 68 watters one 85 watter and a couple 42 watters, those 23 watters are shit.
    Thats good both turned out female, you dont wanna do all that work and then find two males, that would suck, but its lookin good man, peace.

17. Sorry for the double post I Just wanted to update my log.

I got some Epson salts to help with the Potential Mag issue so hopefully that will fix it.

I asked my wife to get some Black strap but didn't tell her what it was for. We are on a diet so when she looked at it at the store she saw it had way to many carbs so she didn't get it because it wasn't diet friendly.

I laughed my ass off when she told me that.

I'm glad you said somthing about the CFL's
    When I went to flower I added 2 150W eq 2700k CFL's and replaced 2 100W eq with 2700k as well. I could probably use a little more light but the heat is stable right now and I don't want to upset the balance being my first grow and all.

I do have 4 4ft T12's in the back of the cabinet but they are off because the ventilation can't handle the heat. One of those things that will be changed next grow.

Hope to get some pics again soon All is good with the ladies and Bud sites are looking good.

Talk to you guys later

DOT

18. haha you c/p this from the other thread!! U bad boy!!!:D;)

I'm in!

19. Hey man, i have a couple of things that you really need to take into consideration.
    First, it sounds like your worryin too much, everybody does this their first grow. Just treat the babies good and you shouldnt have to be using salt.
    Second, you only really need to use molasses in the flowering stage, im 7 weeks in and i dont even know if im going to use it this time, i have in my last grows but i just never noticed a difference.

Third and most importantly, if your wife doesnt know about you growing and you want to be serious about this you have to tell her, the smell of the plant when it is in flower is very VERY VERY potent haha. Its a wonderful smell but its also a very recognizable smell, a smell that your wife would prolly eventually know about.
    Dont worry about upsetting the balance with your plants, it wont hurt them, my plants go from being in a 61 degree closet into a 73 degree closet as soon as they wake up, so dont worry about it your plants would much rather more light. But make sure it doesnt get above 85, because thats pushin it.
    Ok then i hope your babies recover if their hurt and peace

20. Exactly ^^^^ What he said