George Gropez round 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnja, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Well, the first time doing my box grow didn't work out so well for a number of reasons. I've gotten everything sorted out and the new plants are on track. I reintroduce.. George Gropez
    [​IMG]
    4" 50 cfm in-line fan
    4" carbon scrubber
    4 42W (200eq) daylight CFL's
    2 reflective domes (with y-splitters)
    and a new addition: electronically timed auto-watering
    The box itself is plywood, insulation, and mylar tape.

I'm using six seeds from " http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/687833-supposed-sour-d.html " and a Flower Power Automatic
    Since the seeds from that first post aren't feminized, we will be killing off any that are males, then keeping the best 2 female plants.
    Thus far: after 1 week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And currently: after 2 weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the automatic:
    [​IMG]

2. so you will only end up with 2/7 plants left?

3. 2/6 of the "supposed to be sour D" seeds, and the one automatic doing its thing.
    Its a small space and we want the best to survive, plus we will statistically only have 3 of the bag seeds that are female.

4. bomby. i planted 7 bagseeds last season. 6/7 ended up being femallle. so be careful what you wish for. :p statistics just mean if you get 7 females. some other poor schmuch just got 7 males. haha. ill subscribe so i can check back often! lots of pics and posts! hit up my journal if you feel so inclined.

5. Its been a while since my last update. The plants have been very healthy and during their seedling stage grew considerably. Now that they've yellowed their dicots, we're starting to give nutrients today. They're big babies now, and I'm a proud father :hello:
    [​IMG]

The Flower Power Automatic has started flowering, also
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Those are lookin damn nice bro!

Cheers.

7. I brought out my D90 and decided to take some shots of the babies :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I thought the leaves looked like they were holding hands :rolleyes:)
    [​IMG]

This is simply fascinating to me. Its amazing to see that in just a short time, I will be smoking bud that I saw develop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are some minor problems, but anyone know whats happening here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. So cute!!! Already looks so tasty!!

CHeers.

9. Bump
    what is going on with the leaves? They're getting a little worse, and it seems to be happening independently of the nutrient additions.

10. Bump.
    Updates soon. Still curious about the leaf discoloration.

11. We started the 12/12 with our flowering bulbs, and hope to see their sex soon so we can pick the 2 best females. We're working on getting more lights in there and possibly a ballast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The automatic is looking good ^_^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Looks Tastey DOOD. nice little plants u got here. how many do u have flowering.

13. Well, its time to kill out the males, and allow only the best 2 females to bud.
    How we identified the males - its cool to see young a pollen sack up close.
    [​IMG]

anyways, here's the gang before the genocide:
    [​IMG]

and after:
    [​IMG]

a better view of the grow room and the new lights we put in
    [​IMG]

and the pretty automatic who's flowers are getting bigger :D:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Keep up with the crazy pics !! it is pretty amazing watchin it grow and learning about everything

15. Updated pictures!

Happy family:
    [​IMG]

flower power:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sour d's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

does that look like powder mold on this last one?^^

16. I dont know the first thing about growing but those are some gorgeous plants :D

Cheers.

17. Plants look great man, Nice and frosty. Very healthy:wave:

18. Well, the automatic is looking great, ready to be harvested in just a few days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the other plants have run into some complications...
    one day the light globes dropped down onto the plants and cooked for a day, leaving the tops pretty badly burnt.
    [​IMG]

left side:
    [​IMG]
    right side:
    [​IMG]

the lower buds on the left side plant are looking pretty good:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on the right side, the lower buds are a decent size.. but not many of them are this big
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking I should kill off the right side one that is looking pretty skimpy...
    also, should I remove the burnt leaves from the healthy one?

19. awwww mannn that sucks sooo much ass. I've never had heat, problems that bad. Shit happens. I would say keep what you can. It's good to cut as little as possible when plants are flowering.