CFL Grow, some bag seeds, some Hindu Berry seeds, and a Flo seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by roaddog420, Nov 11, 2010.

1. So after doing some research on GC I decided to get off my ass and set up a grow. I germinated 8 seeds that have all popped and 6/8 have sprouted. I am growing 4 Hindu Berry, 1 Flo, and 3 bag seeds from about 7-9 years ago. I am using FFOF soil, and today I am ordering 400 actual watts of 6500k CFLs and 400 actual watts of 2700k CFLs. I will be most likely be using Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom in around 3 weeks. I plan on growing out 4 plants, topping each plant a total of 3 times (once on the fifth shoot and then again on each top that comes from that.) and I will be using the Scrog technique. The seedlings are in their second or third day and looking good so far. As of right now I am only running 55 actual watts until I get the new bulbs some time next week. I will post a couple of pics showing my setup later and hopefully I will get some feedback from you guys. :wave:

2. I might know where you've gotten the flo seeds if you didn't order online anyways keep this updated I want to see how your grow turns out

3. I got the Flo out of a bag of Flo

4. Ok so here are some pictures. I cant really get a good one showing the actual size of the room but its like 4x4x6. Also a couple pics of the fresh seedlings![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. im high i meant from a dispensary and does light leak out of the tarp? ive heard any light leaks messes with the flowering process

6. It leaks a little bit right now. I just got it to where it is as far as completion goes like 2 days ago so its not 100 percent yet but it wont take much to seal it up

7. you dont want any light leaks because it messes with the photoperiod. light leaks = possible to turn hermie, and thats no good. so make sure there are no light leaks.

8. Yeah I just need to throw up a little tape and slop some paint on the bottom, nothing too much, I acutally just taped up most of it and I will paint it within the week.

9. Starting to look good. I will sit back and relax and watch the grow :smoke:

10. indeed ha a lot of potential! Ill be checkin on this thread often

11. Thanks guys! Hopefully it'll all go smooth with little to no snags. :smoke:

12. Where the hell did you find those? I'm guessing it would be cheaper to just buy a HPS and a few cfl's and call it a day...:rolleyes:

edit:nvm ha i thought they were 400 watts each, but that's still a shit ton of money for bulbs...

13. #13 billyeye101, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010

First off RoadDog hope you enjoy ya stay here at GC:wave: everyone here at GC will try and help you on your journey for home grown w33d!!:bongin:

I use 500w of cfls with a grow buddy of mine and from my experience with cfls i would keep them very close to the tops of the plants.. also got another grow buddy with 400w hps and ya do see the difference =
    = Yo Kevin try 500w of cfls lol just 2x 250 cfls dont know why ppl use little ones for maybe heat issues.. hps all the way tho dooood ;)

Topping is good only did it once, wish to do a proper full blown scrog sometime next yr myself.. i've done lsting which is great fun and can award you with some nice buds in the end.. on a side note from me, get the light leaks sorted out asap as the girls to be are just seedling and are very fragile.. hermie is not good bro!!:p

Also just make sure the cfls are nice n low so ya seedlings don't stretch too much.

I'll keep toot on ya.... still young young days.. oh i nver used FFOF medium or Tiger Bloom feeds.. read the labels properly and ph the water.. thats all i say...:cool:

Chow:bolt:

Spike_Weed

14. Im keeping them WAY close to the lights. I fixed like 70% of the leaks today. Ill keep you guys posted.:eek:

15. yes keeping lights as close as possible is the best thing you can do. just make sure that the bulbs are getting cooled. i know that a lot of cfls in one place does make the heat rise a bit so just be careful on the ventilation and cooling aspect of the grow. glad to see that you fixed what seems like most of your light leaks.

16. Hey guys,
    Slings are looking good. 1st true leaves are almost triple of what they are in the first set of pics. Most are starting second set now. Ordered the bulbs yesterday so I should have them by next friday. I've decided that Im going to follow the Fox Farm feeding schedule so we'll see how that works out. :smoke:

17. when using the FF schedule make sure you dont over do it with the nutes. they tend to be on the richer side when actually measuring the amount of nutes.

18. 1/4 to 1/3rd str with them nutes :smoke:

19. Hey everyone! We are exactly 1 week into the grow and the babies are looking awesome. I went and got the liquid FF nutes today and I will be ordering the soluables tomorrow. I gave them their first feeding of nutes and superthrive today and the seem to be handling it well. Here are a few pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. It's pretty early for nutes, those youngins don't like them for awhile. Today is the start of week 3 for me and i have only nuted once with Grow Big and did a little foliar feeding today. And my cotelydons are still on and a great hue of green :D