Note & Feeding Schedule from owner/formulator of Dr. Earth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ProMotavation, Oct 29, 2010.

1. I wanted to share this with you guys. The owner himself replied promptly to me within a couple hours of sending them and email. I've never recieved communication back like this for other inquiries. True show in character and care from the owner. They get my full respect and business.

I attached the copy of the feeding schedule he sent me along with a picture of the potting soil package for those interested.

RE: Contact: Bayside
    Milo Shammas <milo@doctorearth.net>
    Add to Contacts

To:
    Ben <espi302@yahoo.com>

Dear Ben,

First of all, I want to wish you the very best of health and a speedy recovery. I hope your pain level is completely under control and your quality of life is the best that it can be. I have been donating soils and fertilizers to different medicinal cannabis clubs in Northern California for a years to develop the best program for indoor medicinal gardeners. Many professional growers have assisted me in creating a feeding schedule designed for success and maximum yield and potency.

To help growers such as yourself, I have attached a feeding schedule (and package picture) that I think will help to completely demystify the process and assist you to grow the healthiest plants you possibly can.

If you need anything else, Please let me know.

My best,

Milo

Woods are lovely dark and deep

But I have Promises to keep

Miles to go before I sleep-----

Milo Lou Shammas

Founder & Formulator

Dr. Earth, Inc.

The Independents Brand©

Just Go Organicâ„¢

707-448-4676

www.drearth.com

www.milo.pro

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.©

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:46 PM
    To: talktome@doctorearth.net
    Subject: Contact: Bayside

Name: Ben

Email: espi302@yahoo.com

Your Local Nursery: Bayside

First I want to thank you for years of hard work creating premium soils/fertilizers that revolutionized the gardening industry. I'm a big fan of what you do. It's been great to see someone has been taking the next step to help educate folks on the importance of supporting the balance of life in soil. It's also been great to watch the demand for pro-biotic organics slowly grow- causing big businesses to in turn begin the shift away from using pure synthetics.

I've been a gardener for a long time now and have used your potting soil/fertilizers for years to grow many different plants…including cannabis within the last year. Two years ago, I was in a nearly fatal car accident and was lucky enough to get back on my feet several months later. Rather than depend on synthetic pain pills, I decided to go with a more natural remedy to help alleviate some of the pain. I've been a medical marijuana patient since and have opted to grow my own to save $$. Plus homegrown is just the way to go for any plant.
    I know this may be a sensitive subject, so I completely understand if you feel uncomfortable or put off by my decision to be honest with what I'm doing. That being said, I'm wondering if you might be able to provide a couple pointers on a feeding schedule and which of your soil/fert you recommend for canna growth?

Kindly,
    Ben

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Interesting, thanks for that info. I've been using Dr. Earth as a standard soil amendment, and it's been working wonderfully for me so far. I'll have to give that feeding schedule a try on one plant in my next run and compare how it does against the others.

Very interesting that he responded the way he did. Very cool indeed.

3. It works perfectly!!!! I started using that feeding guideline and they just blew up with growth... Overnight!!! Im glad I finally found something on feeding with Dr. earth.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. sweet, thanks for this resource

5. I cant get this feeding file to work?

Anyone fill me in?

6. DR. EARTH LSP 258 KIT
    INDOOR ORGANIC GARDEN
    POTTING SOILS & NUTRIENTS FOR MAXIUM POTENCY, WEIGHT,
    AND YIELD

PURPOSE: A proven success kit for 6 INDOOR 5-GALLON PLANTS for gardeners demanding the highest grade finished product with maximum yield as the main objective.

DESIGN: Easy to follow schedule takes all the guesswork out of what to do and when to do it. The

LSP 258 kit has been proven to grow the healthiest plants with maximum weight gain, thick/tight buds, and sticky/oily flowers. Follow the week by week schedule for maximum results. No guesswork. No burning. Only maximum yields! Set your lights and harvest by your desired date.

CHECKLIST:
    6 EMPTY 5-GALLON POTTING CONTAINERS
    •\tTwo bags of Dr. Earth® 1.5 Cu. Ft. Home Grown® potting soil or Pot of Gold® potting soil.
    •\tOne 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer 2-4-2 (the start)
    •\tOne 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Tomato and Vegetable Fertilizer 5-7-3 (the middle)
    •\tOne 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster 4-10-7 (the finish)
    •\tOne pint of Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution™ All Purpose Fertilizer 3-3-3 (the maintenance)
    •\tOne pint of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate 0-0-4.5 (the micro-maintenance)
    •\tOne pint of Dr. Earth® ProActive™ Fruit & Vegetable Ready-to-use Insect Spray (the kill)

DIRECTIONS TO GET STARTED: Using the contents of the 2 bags of potting soil, fill all 6 containers until soil level is within 1 inch from the top of each container. Blend ¼ cup of Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer into the top 4 inches of the potting soil. Dig a small hole to transplant your cutting. The hole should be slightly larger than the size of your transplant. Make sure that you do not bury the transplant too deeply. The soil level of the transplant should be slightly higher than the soil level in the 5-gallon container to avoid “damping off” and other fungal diseases. Water the container well. Wait 5 minutes. Then start your feeding schedule as prescribed below. Turn on your lights and get growing. Follow the light manufacturer’s suggestions very carefully to send your plants into a strong vegetative cycle that will maximize “green growth.” Many options are available. Any length of time between 18 to 24 hours is effective. Consult with your light manufacturer for best results.
    Water again, using Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate diluted in 1 gallon of water, at a ratio of 2 tablespoons per gallon. Water all plants equally with the 1 gallon of seaweed solution water; apply equal amounts per plant until the 1 gallon of solution has been completely used.

NOTE: Insect spray should only be used directly on the soil, if you see fungus gnats or other insects. Do not spray the plants leaves, as this could cause burning under strong lights.

FEEDING SCHEDULE:
    Week 1: Day 1- Thoroughly blend Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ starter fertilizer into the top 4 inches of soil in the containers, at the rate of ¼ cup per each 5-gallon container. Water it in with a solution of Dr.Earth® Seaweed Concentrate. (See instructions above.)

Week 2: Mix Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution™ at a rate of 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per 5-gallon plant.

Week 3: Mix ¼ cup of Dr Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer into the top 2 inches of soil in each 5-gallon container. Scratch in completely, but be careful not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 4: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 2 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After feeding, water lightly with pure water, to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 5: Mix Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Vegetable Fertilizer at a rate of ¼ cup per five-gallon container mixed thoroughly into the top 2 inches of soil trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 6: Mix both Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution® and Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate. Mix 4 tablespoons of Liquid Solution and 2 tablespoons of Seaweed Concentrate in 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After you feed, water lightly with pure water to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 7: Thoroughly mix Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Vegetable Fertilizer into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 8: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 3 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After feeding, water lightly with pure water, to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 9: Thoroughly mix Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 10: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 3 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After you feed, water lightly with pure water to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 11: Mix Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster thoroughly into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water well.

Week 12 UNTIL HARVEST: Use pure water only to flush all of the nutrients from the soil. It is important to understand that hundreds of different of varieties of plants are available to grow and harvest. Most plants have different maturity dates, for this reason we recommend 11 weeks of feeding at the minimum, if the variety of plant you choose to grow requires a long flowering period, then you may keep feeding with Dr. Earth Liquid Solution at a rate 2 tablespoons mixed into 1 gallon of water then applied at a rate of 2 ½ cups of solution per plant until 2 weeks before harvest. Flushing the nutrients from the soil 2 weeks prior to harvest will help to maximize your plants’ potency.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    •\tFOR MAXIUM RESULTS, START EACH NEW CROP BY DISCARDING THE USED SOIL AND REFILLING POTS WITH FRESH DR. EARTH® POTTING SOILS AS CALLED FOR ABOVE.
    •\tAPPLY MINIUMUM AMOUNTS OF WATER, ONLY ENOUPH TO KEEP THE SOIL MOIST AND ALLOWING IT TO DRY BETWEEN WATERING.
    •\tNO TWO PLANTS ARE ALIKE; THE ACTUAL DAY OF HARVEST CAN VARY BETWEEN 14 TO 20 WEEKS FROM THE TIME A CUTTING WAS TRANSPALANTED INTO THE SOIL. DIFFERENT VARIETYS MATURE AT DIFFERENT RATES.
    •\tIN MOST CASES, 16 WEEKS IS AN AVERAGE TIME FRAME TO GROW HEALTHY AND MATURE PLANTS.
    •\tKNOW THE VARIETY YOU ARE GROWING AND LOOK FOR SIGNS OF MATURITY.
    •\tALWAYS LET THE SOIL DRY COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU HARVEST!
    Best of health to you,
    Milo Shammas

7. If starting from seed how long should I wait before starting this schedule?

8. #8 kygiacomo, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    i know this is a old post but i thought i would like to add that the part that is in bold is prolly the worst advice ever for a new grower. if u are growing organic do not throw ur soil away bc from what i have been taught it only gets better with time. i understand why from Milo Shammas says to throw it away and start fresh and that is because he wants us to spend more money on his brands. i found this thread on google after doing some research into his bloom dry fertilizer

9. I use the all purpose 5-5-5. All through veg/flower. I just mix it into my soil before I plant a few week's prior. Works well for me. I havnt yet needed to use my flower girl

10. My second grow I reused my old soil . Never again - all the good stuff had already been depleted. Since then I always start with new soil - Its a bargain

11. thats why u reamend the soil with things like earth worm castings,insect frasskelp meal,crab meal,neem meal,bat guano and gypsum,azomite,& ag lime so that u keep the micro heard that u have already built up in the soil. when u start over u lose any humas and microbes that are living there. if u are running syntheics then ya i can see using new soil if u are growing organic then re using the soil will get better and better evertime u recycle

• Like Like x 2
  12. The good doctor must be high. There is no way Ive ever needed that much fertilizer to grow damn good marijuana plants in 5 gallon pots. Nor did I need to grow them for that long. Im sorry this is certainly a money grab on the good doctors part. Sad but true. Do yourself and your pocket book a big favor fertilize less and grow for a shorter period of time. The doctor may lose out on some money but your plants and the mouths to feed in your home will thank you for it.

13. That just re-enforces one point I like to preach to new organic growers :
    You can OVER-AMEND your soil with no adverse affects,cause the plants are only gonna use what they want and leave the rest for the next grow,provided you DON'T throw away your old soil...Use it again and again.

And "flushing the nutrients out" in late flower ??? WTF ! :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
  14. You don't need to flush organics. There are simpler methods then what he provided. That is quite a few products to feed with. Go with all purpose and flower girl. 2 products with good soil seed to harvest and then reammend and reuse. It's a weed remember....don't over complicate growing a weed!

15. im doing just that now a super soil that has became hungry and flower girl is being delivered today will update my outcome

16. Any chance you could repost the schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DR. EARTH LSP 258 KIT

INDOOR ORGANIC GARDEN

POTTING SOILS & NUTRIENTS FOR MAXIUM POTENCY, WEIGHT,

AND YIELD

PURPOSE: A proven success kit for 6 INDOOR 5-GALLON PLANTS for gardeners demanding the highest grade finished product with maximum yield as the main objective.

DESIGN: Easy to follow schedule takes all the guesswork out of what to do and when to do it. The LSP 258 kit has been proven to grow the healthiest plants with maximum weight gain, thick/tight buds, and sticky/oily flowers. Follow the week by week schedule for maximum results. No guesswork. No burning. Only maximum yields! Set your lights and harvest by your desired date.

CHECKLIST:

6 EMPTY 5-GALLON POTTING CONTAINERS

· Two bags of Dr. Earth® 1.5 Cu. Ft. Home Grown® potting soil or Pot of Gold® potting soil.

· One 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer 2-4-2 (the start)

· One 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Tomato and Vegetable Fertilizer 5-7-3 (the middle)

· One 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster 4-10-7 (the finish)

· One pint of Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution™ All Purpose Fertilizer 3-3-3 (the maintenance)

· One pint of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate 0-0-4.5 (the micro-maintenance)

· One pint of Dr. Earth® ProActive™ Fruit & Vegetable Ready-to-use Insect Spray (the kill)

DIRECTIONS TO GET STARTED: Using the contents of the 2 bags of potting soil, fill all 6 containers until soil level is within 1 inch from the top of each container. Blend ¼ cup of Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer into the top 4 inches of the potting soil. Dig a small hole to transplant your cutting. The hole should be slightly larger than the size of your transplant. Make sure that you do not bury the transplant too deeply. The soil level of the transplant should be slightly higher than the soil level in the 5-gallon container to avoid “damping off” and other fungal diseases. Water the container well. Wait 5 minutes. Then start your feeding schedule as prescribed below. Turn on your lights and get growing. Follow the light manufacturer’s suggestions very carefully to send your plants into a strong vegetative cycle that will maximize “green growth.” Many options are available. Any length of time between 18 to 24 hours is effective. Consult with your light manufacturer for best results.

Water again, using Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate diluted in 1 gallon of water, at a ratio of 2 tablespoons per gallon. Water all plants equally with the 1 gallon of seaweed solution water; apply equal amounts per plant until the 1 gallon of solution has been completely used.

NOTE: Insect spray should only be used directly on the soil, if you see fungus gnats or other insects. Do not spray the plants leaves, as this could cause burning under strong lights.

FEEDING SCHEDULE:

Week 1: Day 1- Thoroughly blend Dr. Earth® Organic 2™ starter fertilizer into the top 4 inches of soil in the containers, at the rate of ¼ cup per each 5-gallon container. Water it in with a solution of Dr.Earth® Seaweed Concentrate. (See instructions above.)

Week 2: Mix Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution™ at a rate of 4 tablespoons per gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per 5-gallon plant.

Week 3: Mix ¼ cup of Dr Earth® Organic 2™ Starter Fertilizer into the top 2 inches of soil in each 5-gallon container. Scratch in completely, but be careful not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 4: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 2 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After feeding, water lightly with pure water, to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 5: Mix Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Vegetable Fertilizer at a rate of ¼ cup per five-gallon container mixed thoroughly into the top 2 inches of soil trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 6: Mix both Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution® and Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate. Mix 4 tablespoons of Liquid Solution and 2 tablespoons of Seaweed Concentrate in 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After you feed, water lightly with pure water to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 7: Thoroughly mix Dr. Earth® Organic 5™ Vegetable Fertilizer into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 8: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 3 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After feeding, water lightly with pure water, to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 9: Thoroughly mix Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water thoroughly.

Week 10: Mix 4 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Liquid solution® and 3 tablespoons of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate into 1 gallon of water. Apply 2 ½ cups of solution per plant. After you feed, water lightly with pure water to drive the nutrients down into the soil.

Week 11: Mix Dr. Earth® Organic 8™ Bud & Bloom Booster thoroughly into the top 2 inches of soil, at a rate of ¼ cup per 5-gallon container, trying not to disturb the established root system. Water well.

Week 12 UNTIL HARVEST: Use pure water only to flush all of the nutrients from the soil. It is important to understand that hundreds of different of varieties of plants are available to grow and harvest. Most plants have different maturity dates, for this reason we recommend 11 weeks of feeding at the minimum, if the variety of plant you choose to grow requires a long flowering period, then you may keep feeding with Dr. Earth Liquid Solution at a rate 2 tablespoons mixed into 1 gallon of water then applied at a rate of 2 ½ cups of solution per plant until 2 weeks before harvest. Flushing the nutrients from the soil 2 weeks prior to harvest will help to maximize your plants’ potency.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

· FOR MAXIUM RESULTS, START EACH NEW CROP BY DISCARDING THE USED SOIL AND REFILLING POTS WITH FRESH DR. EARTH® POTTING SOILS AS CALLED FOR ABOVE.

· APPLY MINIUMUM AMOUNTS OF WATER, ONLY ENOUPH TO KEEP THE SOIL MOIST AND ALLOWING IT TO DRY BETWEEN WATERING.

· NO TWO PLANTS ARE ALIKE; THE ACTUAL DAY OF HARVEST CAN VARY BETWEEN 14 TO 20 WEEKS FROM THE TIME A CUTTING WAS TRANSPALANTED INTO THE SOIL. DIFFERENT VARIETYS MATURE AT DIFFERENT RATES.

· IN MOST CASES, 16 WEEKS IS AN AVERAGE TIME FRAME TO GROW HEALTHY AND MATURE PLANTS.

· KNOW THE VARIETY YOU ARE GROWING AND LOOK FOR SIGNS OF MATURITY.

· ALWAYS LET THE SOIL DRY COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU HARVEST!

Best of health to you,

Milo Shammas