"Damp Rid"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by indic4, Oct 11, 2010.

1. I am trying to combat high humidity levels during my off cycle but don't want to run my Can Exhaust Fan 24/7. I found this product called DampRid (Here is their website: DampRid) and it claims to suck moisture out of the air. This would be a sweet solution since it's cheap and I won't have to burn extra electricity.

I bought 2 small tubs and will be trying it tomorrow during my off cycle (I will post results) but I am wondering if anyone has ever used this stuff. Is it ok to put in a 3x3 tent with my plants for 12 hours a day?

2. Sure, it works and won't harm your plants. If you have high humidity it may not drop it as low as you'd like but it will get at least part of the job done.

3. i think you may have just saved my grow
    thank you sir

4. stuff works good get good air flow and put the a couple holders in a few places in the room depending on how big it is.

5. Very interested in seeing how well these work.

6. It looks and sounds good.. if it's as good as it makes out to be it should be fine...interested to see if it works for you man..

7. I use damp rid outside of my grow cabinet. I have one of the large (1 gal I guess) containers.

I had it inside my cabinet, but it didn't do a whole hell of a lot at lowering RH - however, I do think that it cuts down on the smell outside of the cabinet.

My grow cabinet is inside a utility room. I'm a few weeks into flowering, and it seems like there has been less smell outside of the room since I introduce it.

8. Well, the 2 smaller tubs of it didn't do any good to lower my Humidity levels. I have decided to run my exhaust on a timer instead. I'm sure the largeer bins would have worked better, maybe 2 of the 1 gallon.

9. Thanks for the update!

10. I put 10lbs of it in a 2x4x7 tent and it did nothing as far as I could tell. My meter still moved up and down the same range of day/night temps as always.