~~first grow CFL BUILD~~(NEW PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wdissident, Aug 13, 2010.

1. #1 wdissident, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
    Ok so i have 1 ak-47(right) and 1 master kush(left). these clones are 2 weeks old.i have been LST the ak and just topped both of them today. i wasnt sure if i should have topped the ak because of heat stress. yes i know the leaves are burnt. anyways ilowered the temperature down to 90. humidity is around 55-60. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP. much appreciated. i have 4 100watt cfls 6500k and 1 300watt 2700k

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i cant seem to see the colas coming out on the master kush. does it grow alot slower then ak. liek does indica grow slower then sativa?

2. have you guys heard of spraying milk mixed with water on the plants to strengthen immune or mixing bananas with water rto add patasium and iron? i dont know what to believe sometimes

3. dude if i were you i would go to htgsupply and get like a 150hps or a 250hps the 150 is like 89$ after shipping and has WAY better penetration then cfls i yeild about 5 ounces every 2-3 months off of one or two topped plants with a 150w with a few (two or three depends on the canopy) 40 watt cfls my own strain purple widow crossed with 2 different bagseed mainly indica dom females i have been growing for 2-3 years or course i keep a mother purple widow alive to keep the clean gens going. just my opinion i havent grown in a few years since my son came along but i would like to pass info along to the masses haha:hello:

4. wont hps raise my electricity bill?

5. Yes it will raise your power bill. It will also raise your yeild. Do you have any exsaust fans to cool your box?

6. if you use the hps instead of the cfls it wont raise your bill really a 150w hps puts out 16,000 lumens where 150 watts of cfls prolly put out like 8-9 thousend lumens

7. im over hps. maybe next harvest. how do they look?

8. They look better than my Master Kush at 2 weeks! Lol, of corse yours is a clone and mine from seed. I would be happy with what you have.:D Also it's ok your over the hps but once your closer to flowering time you will want to get one or two more of the 68wt 2700k to get a decent harvest from those girls. You should be able to get some dank buds off them.
    [​IMG]
    This is just some sac weed , all cfl's though!!

9. cool anymore advice? the sativa cant take the heat like the master kush can. the leaves with brown spots are getting progressivly worse adn the temps at 80. is that just the planyt doing its own thing?

10. Yeah you definitely need more 2700k bulbs and less 6500k bulbs when flowering buddy :smoke:

11. #11 wdissident, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
    obviously i need more 6500k. i used that 6500k because i already had it. any other ideas? \\

12. Lol, but for real you can get those 68wt-ers at home depot for only $15. Get one every other paycheck and by the time you go 12/12 you have 3-4.

13. do you think that 300 2700k is doing anything or should i replace that with a 100w 6500k?

14. That's the one we are saying you need more of!lol With the cfl's we talk about the actual watts, not equivalent . Ie, the big bulb you have is 68wt 300 equivalent. That's the one you need to be getting more of for flowering!:smoke:

15. I have a friend that have 3 plants and only 2 bulbs and his grow looks like crap. For two plants I would say at least 5 by the time you go 12/12.

16. I'd suggest cooling your box way way down if you can your first post said in the 90s :X Get it into the mid to 70s minimum get some killer air flow through there and you should be fine.

17. ilive in so cali. the only way i can get it under 88 is with a a/c and thats not an option. i dont think i cna get a fan to blow air cooler than the outside room itself. so i will have to work with 88degrees. i have friends that grew under 90 and never got heat stress but i might just have to many lights to close to 2 small plants

18. your 2 weeks from seedling....worry about 65k now....you got at least a month before 2700k...hps would turn cab into oven...t=5 ho would be best...good lumen output and low heat...but lets deal with what we got...plants look good considering heat stress..another small fan blowing on cfls would help a little on heat but if your at 80 now thats ok...when are you starting nutes and what kind:smoke:alot of people including me use 25% 2700k in vegs and 25%65k in flower...full spectrum thing and you buy less lights

19. i have also changed my grow space. i will have pics up later tonight, to lazy to put up i will also need suggestions onto where to cut the holes for my fans and so forth. the grow spot is also inside a closet which i try to keep the door closed so i know what im going to be getting into once there flowering and need complete dark. thanks again

20. not nutes...lights...during veg....out of every 4 bulbs i use 3 6500k and 1 2700k bulb to give a full spectrum thing...just the opposite during flower...3 2700k 1 6500k.......get the 10-10-10 ferts ...will be all right:smoke: