Exhausting a mini grow tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WaxPayne, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hey guys I need some advice on what I should use to exhaust my small veg tent. The tent is 30" wide , 20" deep and 36" high. I was thinking of putting a 4" duct booster fan in there but the duct booster fans don't work too well with fan speed adjusters and the tent is in a closet located right next to my bed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good exhaust for my tent ? Might add carbon filter too but keep it outside the tent. Anyways thanks in advance.

2. what size light yuou got ? id get atleast a 6inch with the carbon filter.. i have a 4 inch with a 400 watt and it wasnt enough :(

3. 4 inch booster is what I use for my 3x3x5 tent

4. My tent isn't even 3 feet wide lol . I would use a duct booster but its loud and the fan speed controller for my other duct booster doesn't work well (really gotta mess with it)

I'm using a 24"x6 bulb t5 light . Doesn't get too hot but it's gonna be getting hot where I live in a couple months

5. Mine is super quiet. Maybe use some computer fans man

6. #6 WaxPayne, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    I was thinking of using some , any suggestions on how to go about hooking one up ?

Also what brand duct booster you using?

7. pc fans are super cheap, find them at pc repair shops or radioshack. if you want to spend money online u can find ones with higher cfm to exhaust the tent. all you do is build a box surrounding the pc fan and stick one end into the sleeves (usually 4/6 inch)

to wire them just find an old adapter or maybe phone charger with the higher output (.A)

then take ur pc fan splice the ends of both your fan and charger make sure to use either tape or wire nuts so ur dont start some crazy fire.

8. ^awesome !! A friend of mine is also an electrician . Can do this shit in his sleep. Im gonna have him help me with getting the fan set up .

9. #10 WaxPayne, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    I finally got my PC fan today and just got done with installation. Had to cut one of the socks off my tent but it was worth it . I still have some minor adjustments (cut screws, reinforce tent material, cut sock off all the way) to make but its pretty much there . Here's some pics .

image-2665631272.jpg

Fan and everything notice the speed controller on the side? We'll get to that

image-951344143.jpg

Had to put some holes in there but I sealed them with some strong foil mastic tape to prevent light leaks and pests from entering the grow space

image-2472607437.jpg

I attached a small filter to the outside . Idk why I didn't on the inside ..just looks better outside. This filter is rewashable too . Thinking it'll help with pest problems ..won't really help too much with smell lol

This fan is EXACTLY what I needed. I don't want a big inline fan or another duct booster. This fan is small , extremely quiet (I have my veg tent 2 ft from my bed) and moves alot of air for its size. Best thing about it ? The speed controller..it's just awesome and I can turn it up or down depending on temps in and out of the tent.

All in all I'd say this purchase was solid ($20) it wasnt too hard to install, moves perfect amount of air for the tent I'm using and is silent . If you're ever wondering how to exhaust a grow tent of this size (32x18x36) try one of these out .