Splitting an 8' tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by danktank 420, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Okay, my plan is to split my 4x8 tent in half to make 2 rooms. Flower on one side and mother, clones and vegg on the other.
    Panda paper and 3m spray adhesive. I will have a 8" dead space in the center with a 8" hole on the bottom right of one side and upper left of the other. Thus allowing air to pass from one side to the other and only needing one carbon filter.

If it doest work no harm is done to the tent!

ForumRunner_20121110_034343.png

ForumRunner_20121110_034404.png

ForumRunner_20121110_034435.png

Sent from my ADR6400L using GC Forum

2. You don't need to scrub the air of vegging plants, man. Use that carbon filter just for the flowering room.

3. IDK,,I have had vegging plants that were pretty strong, I will consider your idea, I can all ways add scrubbing if needed. Thanks!!:wave:

4. My wife is tolerant about me cultivating mj. I was using two seperate rooms in my basement. She rarely goes down to the basement so last night I told her that I wanted to show her something. She said she'd rather not know. I told her its better to have a WTF moment with me their as opposed to having it with me gone.

It was a BIGGGG WTF!!!!!!

I convinced her that effectively, I am using less space and this makes it more convenient. She was pissed, but I think she's ok now. I told her I would get some drapes from the Goodwill and hang them around the tent.

I may look into building a wall to enclose it as well.

I really love this tent!

5. You cant even tell it a grow tent.....lmao!

ForumRunner_20121111_082423.png

6. We have reached an accord:hello: I turn it 90 degrees back it to the wall and hang curtains. This works out better for me because if I build a wall, I can have a secret access door from the adjacent room beneath the steps!:cool::cool:

7. LOL! Rock N Roll, Bro. Congrats. Thank God I don't have a wife to tell me to get rid of my homemade 4x6 PVC/Panda tent in my bedroom, or the 2x3 PVC/Panda veg tent that sits next to it...

8. I swear these pice were 90* clockwise! Tilt your head left and toke!:laughing:

I had a piece of 4'x8' osb board in my garage from a previous project.
    Cut it to fit, but not NASA tight:smoking:

Picked up some panda paper today to cover the osb.

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

found some 1/2" emt straps in a trash can at work;)
    IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

Daddy, when do we move? ARE WE THERE YET?
    IMG_2378.jpg

9. Update!!!
    side by side
    IMG_2379.jpg
    vegg 175 watt on Momma and a shitload of cfl's on the clones and sprouts
    IMG_2380.jpg
    flower side 400watt hps
    IMG_2381.jpg
    Carbon/fan combo 440cfm
    IMG_2382.jpg
    more pics
    IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg

10. Lookin good, man. My wife does the same thing... shes tolerant of what Ive got going on down in the basement, but doesnt want to see it, at all.

11. Flower side (400whps) has been running for an hour @ 83* 45Rh.
    That's WITHOUT carbon/filter running and NO vents open.:hello:

I am gonna like this!:)

12. I guess we have GREAT wives!:D

13. Haha I know what you mean about tolerant but out of sight :p. Everything looks really good, also if you have the ability to scrub both tents of odor I would do that, I've had some stinky (relatively speaking) vegging plants before, and I veg with about 1/3 of the space you do.

About the stealth part of it, the drapes would work really well, I usually do that or a tarp, if I ever have a maintenance worker, for example, coming over. It looks like a storage area. Gotta say though just from the tents of seen and worked on, that looks like a grow tent to me :eek:. Make sure not to have humming sounds from fans audible, or the hum from the ballasts. If you take the right precautions you'll be fine though. Worst case scenario that's happened to me is I've had to unplug my veg box for a few hours to keep it quiet, the flowering tent goes on at night so that's not an issue.

14. :smoking:Morange, I just came from down there. You can hear it if the furnace is not running when you are in the basement. Location wise, it's to the rear of the house directly below my office. I am considering removing the filter, pressure controlling my office and enjoying the smell:gc_rocks:

15. If you can only hear it without the furnace on upstairs you should be great. I can hear a faint 'wurring' noise from upstairs, but it's really not possible to distinguish, sounds just like the water heater. Also if ever needed, a fan control speed does wonders for quieting down the inline fans.

16. Pfft my ole lady was like " hell yeh babe how many lights do you need " "do you wanna just use that whole back room" "with a 7x7x7 tent you could grow alot huh" "well if you spend 200 bucks on seeds now then you should be good for awhile right" i <3 her so much :)

17. your idea was awesome too btw :) the plywood to make two rooms.. ive been thinking about doing it for awhile but you made it look easy.. now if i can only get the plywood home on my suv.....lol

18. Flower chamber is almost done:wave:

The 3m spray did well on the tent fabric, not so well on the osb board. The fan makes so much negative air pressure that I am going to have to use staples. But I don't know where my freakin staple gun is.

One side done
    IMG_2386.jpg
    One to go
    IMG_2387.jpg
    In their new home and about a week from harvest:smoking:
    78* 34 Rh
    IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

19. Everything is consolidated, unfortunately I dragged a few guests with me! Yup, Mites are back! And these hopping lil boogers I can see w/o a scope. I am too close to turn back now! Who hasn't smoked a bug or a colony?:eek:

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

I have read the debates about defoliating, but in my case, shit just happens!
    For some reason unknown to me, I can't keep fan leaves! As of recently due to aphids.

IMG_2401.jpg

BUT WTF!!!
    We smoke bud not leaves!
    Back on topic,,,,,,,,,,

A bag seed grow from fellow smokers seeds and 1 Strawberry Blue, a freebie from Attitude. 1 of four that made it! They will be getting mail from me soon!

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

20. that's beautiful - what model tent is that?