Aurora Indica Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by amator terram, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hey everyone! I'm officially starting my grow journal and I'm just trying to do it formally so I can get people's perspective on a few things. Like the title says it's aurora indica from Nirvana. The seedling is 3 days old. I am currently using 3 23w CFL bulbs. I plan on buying a 180w led light around week 3. I could go on and on but heres some pics. Feel free to come by and say hello! Criticism is welcome.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Going to the attic to remove the light junction box for an inline fan :D. Also heres some pics of the box as well as day 4! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Update Day 6! I see a tinge of yellowing any ideas of why this is occurring?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Is this nirvana's feminized AI... I grew that out a while back it was a great plant. what are your temps like in there? If they are always over 80 i'd try and bring em down closer to 75... that was the temp in my cab when I grew out AI, the plants seemed to respond well to those conditions. I'm not sure about the yellowing. You haven't been using nutes yet right? what's your soil, and lighting schedule like?

5. Temps are typically 73-75. Yea it is Nirvana's Fem AI. No nutes but its miracle grow organic soil and I hear that's still kind of hot. I posted pics right when the light turned on too it appears as if it's greening a bit as the light is on. Light schedule is 18/6

6. its hyponex? looks very mulchy, but it also looks like its letting the plant grow at a fast rate. just let it grow till its a little older, then add synethic/organic/urine feed to give it a little boost. do it once a week or every other watering

there is no abnormal yellowing

7. Alright. I have some perlite and FFOF soil that I'm going to mix up when it actually goes into veg so I probably wont have to use nutes for another month after the transplant. I plan on using earth juice at 1/4 strength to make the root growth speed up before I put it in the 1 gallon smartpot. I would like to have a decent sized root ball. I'm also getting a 135 watt led for it with the CFLs on the side. I figure 135w of LED and 50 W of cfl below canopy level should suffice and make great quality for a single plant grow.

8. Aurora is a great plant.. Grows beautifully. I thought it was gonna be a mainstay in my garden, but my last clone died.:rolleyes:

Looks good so far! I'm subbed up fo sho.:smoke:

9. Subbed dude, looks good

10. Thanks man appreciate the sub. I'm actually wondering when the best time would be to transplant it into the 1 gallon smart pot with the Fox Farm's Ocean Forrest/perlite soil would be and how to go about doing it the best way possible. It's my first grow and I've never transplanted so I'm somewhat nervous about the whole transplanting concept.

11. You should see roots poking out the holes in the bottom of the cup, maybe at 3 weeks old-ish, when it's ready to be transplanted. As for doing the transplant, get your new pot ready and make a "hole" in the soil using the same size cup. Leave some room at the top of the pot to back fill with your medium. When the plant in the cup is a bit on the dry size just squeeze it a bit while upside down and it should pop out in one nice shape. Put that immediately into your new pot and top off with more medium and then water.

12. This is where i went wrong. The first time i transplanted the plants went in shock and stopped growing, but only for about 3 cycles light. But i put the damn plants in muddy clay, it looked like good soil when i tilled it but it wasnt airy enough and the plants started to die
    Had to transplant again. Shock for 5 days, started to flourish again, then i had a power outage for a week. Lost one plant, other ones in recovery.

Try not.to.sisturb.the roots. Too badly. Massage cup and turn it upside down see if itll slide out. If not use a small.knife and.cut around the outermost circumference as deep.as.you. can. I used a big.shovel.and.cut.some.roots. a smalll knife.will.work wonders

13. Day 8! Late upload. Probably wont upload another till day 10 or 11
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Anyone know of any 3 ft tall grow tents?

15. Day 9 growth is picking up and I see a root sticking out of one side of the bottom of the cup. Transplant time?
    [​IMG]

16. You can go for it. Its growing really fast. Let me know how transplant goes

17. #17 amator terram, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    Will do. I'm going to prep the FFoF soil mix/perlite. I have a 1 gallon smartpot I'm going to grow in, I'm going to go about 1/3 perlite and the rest soil. I watered with diluted lemon juice last night to bring the soil PH down slightly. I'm so glad to be moving on from MG to FFoF. Miracle Grow primarily has a PH above 7 and their soil PH typically starts around 7.0-7.5. some plants can handle that but the potential is going to be somewhat stunted if the PH isn't corrected even if the plant turns out great. I PH'ed the runoff at last nights watering to 7.1. I'm going to do the transplant sunday night though. If your subbed I'm sure it will let you know.

18. cool. are you going to cut a clone or two?

19. Yea, I'm going to take about 2 cuttings and place them in their own smartpots but I plan on putting them in 3 gallon smartpots. I kind of wish I got regular seeds for breeding purposes. Something so "indicafied" would be a really nice breeding base. I'll probably get some more Aurora Indica seeds but regular and I'll also get some blackjack. I plan on crossing those two I feel like they would create a very nice plant. I also got a humidifier for the grow space :hello:

20. Update: I also JUST put the humidifier in Humidity is already at 50% so psyched!