C02 Question!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Younggungrower, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys, so i resently made a DIY C02 generator... pree simple. But i cut the tube too short and its about 5 inches or so away from my plant pointing directly at it, will it still work or should i just install longer tubing and put it directly under the plant? One little question a little off topic, when should i start feeding her full strength nutes?

Cheers!

2. what sort of diy co2 set-up is it? hate to be the bearer of bad news, but near all of those kits are a waste... full strength nutes depend on age.

3. its basicly a 2L bottle, sugar, yeast, tubing... really simple. :S I mean it does make C02 how cna it be a waste? Also, Ok thanks :)

4. Ya gotta do CO2 right or it won't really help ya.

Here's the logic. It's a little complex but hey ya asked.

Cannabis needs a certain baseline level of CO2 to perform photosynthesis, yea?

One way to supply this is by making sure the plant always has fresh air. Either by being outside, or in a large room, or has fresh air supply and exhaust in a closed space.

A completely different way to supply this is by establishing a closed environment with NO air exchange, but in which the CO2 level is monitored and replenished as the plants consume it.

This is properly done with bottled, regulated CO2 coupled with sensors and control units. Automatically releases enough carbon dioxide, little bit at a time, to keep a steady level in the grow room. Now, it turns out that cannabis grows optimally in a carbon dioxide environment much richer than regular air. So the added advantage of this method is that growth can be promoted by pumping even more CO2 into the the grow!

Now consider an "entry-level" CO2 system. It does not create a steady, regulated supply of CO2. It does not tell you how much CO2 is in the air, nor does it adjust it if too high or too low. It probably does not even generate enough of the gas to properly grow the plant in a closed environment to begin with.

For these reasons, you cannot rely on the entry level system alone for CO2. You need to also have fresh air. This means you're back to: outside, big room, or enclose space with exhaust.

In each of these cases, if you have sufficient air movement, the minimally extra CO2 you're generating is being swept away far to fast to have any effect.

Sure, some outdoor growers have played with CO2. But in pretty massive quantities, and usually with some sort of way to contain the supplement.

In other words: GrowBot nailed it in one line.
    -

5. Wow... Ok. Thanks a ton you two! helps alot! <33

6. Quick note... I installed a new tube that is now literally a millimetter away from the stem. would that help at all? lol

7. It's a waste. There are other things you can do that help but the only real way is bottled Co2. I suggest opening a near by window to let in outside air which will help a bit. You can use dry ice placed above the canopy when the lights are on. They make other Co2 generating blankets and other products at the judo store near me. I know some other members have used them. Good luck.

8. @Kronicly, Cheers bruh