is my plant ready yet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayjay5396, Apr 22, 2012.

1. hi shes a new york diesel feminized only small shes about 6 months old

she didnt have the best start in life 14w LED no good thats the reason she looks bad now under 400w HPS but she has bud on it and she stinks some of those hairs are turning dark orange like a rusty color she still has white hairs

thing is i dont know if its ready yet please help :)

Attached Files:

2. keep waiting

3. thanks :) any idea how long for? weeks/days

4. #4 gardengeek, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Its best to harvest based on trichrome development. Get a 20x or better microscope to look at the crystals. What you are looking for is over 30% amber colored trichromes.

5. Agree with above!

LOTS of threads around with pictures. Do a search.

6. starting to get darker buds on it now thats becoming crystallized so i guess its not ready yet

yer keep meaning to get a scope but then end up spending money on other things my bad :(

7. Prob 2 more weeks she'll be perfect

8. #8 jayjay5396, Apr 25, 2012
    is it me or do buds grow really slow? like slower than the plant growing its self cos them bud sites have been like that for ages now she has progressed since the photos starting to go from light green to a darker green but its taken a while to get here i planted her just after Christmas i think but using shitty lights didnt help

Attached Files:

9. Once a plant reaches a certain stage in life " where yours is at " it only focuses on finishing off it's trichomes.. usually when the crystals begin to turn milky is a good time to harvest.. However this is just the beginning because the real waiting starts with the curing process, in a jar for atleast a month opening the seal to let fresh air in once a week or so.

10. #10 jayjay5396, Apr 25, 2012
    this plant is taking up room i got 13 more seeds to go when this one is almost ready i wanna start a new seed off

need to grow my seeds cant let any die paid alot of money for them

11. cut a lil off the very bottom branches dried it and yeah its smells ok im kinda high but it dont taste nice guess i gotta wait longer???

12. they look nizeee

13. Amber trichomes show maturity but when the pistils begin receding into the calyx that is the ideal time to harvest.
    Although it also depends on the high you want, a heady-focused high is found at a clear ish trichome before the Amber has fully set in, a sedating body high is found at full maturity when the pistils have receded.
    The longer you wait the more potent the bud, don't miss your harvest time though because potency begins degrading after the plant has reached full maturity.

14. #14 jayjay5396, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    am guessing its ready cos this shit is getting me high man the bits i took off hasnt even been cured or propperly dried yeah its a very harsh smoke but fuk me its blowing my head off ...

me thinks thats what its supposed to do lol

if only it was abit easier to smoke

15. A good Dry & Cure will take care of the smell/taste/harshness to some degree. I'd flush it for another week, then chop her down!

16. #16 jayjay5396, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    ok thanks i'll do that :D the bits i took off where the lil buds at the very bottom just above the top of the soil if thats getting me high god knows what the very top buds are gonna do to me

Prediction LOL:

Attached Files:

17. cut it down it was starting to die off and the buds at top went rotten i wasnt leaving it to rot

fuk me the smell that came off it while cutting it down was crazy it literally stunk the house out me and my mother couldnt handle the smell it was VERY overpowering smell she wanted me to chuck it all in trash i was like no way paid £80 for them seeds n spent 6 months growing one plant am keepin it

she doesnt smell too bad now tho n drying it on a hamster cage havent got no where else to put it dont worry there is no hamster LOL it be a lucky hamster if there was 1 haha :D:D:D

Here's me yield of NYC Diesel
    (i do not have any scales i refuse to buy one if you wanna know whats there someone gonna have to give a good guess all i know is its enough to last me a few weeks)

Attached Files:

18. starting to smell better after drying tastes better but still harsh the buds have become sticky.

now chopped all the stalks off and put it all in a bag (the bag does have a lot of weight in it almost the same as half a bag of sugar) just gotta hope for the best now

now bagged (curing)

Attached Files:

19. #20 mrghozt3, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    annnnd u chopped it...nvm

get it out that plastic bag??

go to walmart and get a 12 pack ofmason jars for like $6...

use them instead of the bag to cure....fill them 70-80% and open them once every 3-4 days...for as long as u can....

take out some to smoke for the week...and let the rest cure in jars...bag no bueno imo