Bokeths first grow[cherry kush bagseeds]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Boketh, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ey gc I've been a long time reader always looking over the journals and getting all the info I can I'm starting my first grow indoor with some bagseeds I got from apparently cherry kush. I'm looking for any advice as I take on the grow and want the criticism to make sure I get the most yield possible on this grow. Not sure what size of pots to get and how many my little cabinet can support without the plants being to crowded. Here are some pics of what I got goin on so far.

Dimensions of inside growspace
    11.5 inches deep
    22.5 inches wide
    28 inches tall

Well the pics won't upload from my phone keeps giving me a error about allocating memory or whatever I'll have pics up tomorrow! My 12 seeds are germinating right now and the only thing I'm confused about is how much to water after they sprout thanks

Pics coming tomorrow

2. Well, first of all, how are you ever going to fit 12 plants into that small of a space? Secondly, if you are using bagseed you will more than likely end up with some male plants that you will have to get rid of. If my space was that small, I would only grow 2 plants max and because of that, I would invest in some feminized seeds so I wouldn't have to worry about both of them possibly being male plants and a total waste of my time and effort. About watering after they sprout, they wont need much water until they get much bigger.

3. Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm only doing that much because I got a buddy that wants some as well, I was planning on keeping 2 or 3 in the box last year I ordered a few and they turned out to be males but I'm gonna take 3 of the sprouts whichever ones look the best! Hopefully one turns out to be female but I'll just keep trying until I get the one I need.

Also I'm putting intake and outtake fans on the box was planning on using a few computer fans maybe 2? Or will I need more for the airflow you think?

4. You could probably get away with the computer fans because its such a small space...it not you could try this site and get a couple of their 4" fans...they will definately be enough...good luck to you.

Inline Fans

5. Yeah I'll put in a few comp fans for now and when I get some more cash def gonna order a couple of those thanks for the help

6. I got a question if seeds are to cold in a wet paper towel will they still sprout?

7. #7 Grows&Smokes, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    As long as its not too too cold. But youre better off keeping them in a warm room...the towel will feel cold because its damp but if the room is warm they will be fine...you figure most seeds sprout in the spring when its not really all that warm outside. If youre having a problem with them sprouting just put them directly in your soil and water the soil a little and put them under a warm light...the soil with keep them warm.

8. Yeah thanks I moved them into a Warmer part of the house if nothing happens by tomorrow afternoon I'm putting them in the soil I got miracle grow moisture control potting mix

9. How long have you had them in the paper towel?...it should only take a few days to show sprouts. When you use paper towel method you gotta be careful you dont totally drench it, you just want to keep it moist....if you use MG moisture control, you must be extremely careful watering that stuff, it retains so much moisture that you can overwater very easily even though their claim is you cant over or under water it...if you must use MG I would recommend MG Organic Soil.

10. Had them in a paper towel for 2 days tonight at first the paper towel was pretty drenched but I switched it out and didn't spray it as much this time yeah the moisture control I got for basically free so I'll just need to be carefull watering it

11. You should definately see some shoots coming out of those seeds soon then.

12. Yeh just got started germing some more invade there duds so I got 4 pots now just need some of these to sprout and the journal can start lol and figure out how to get pics up from my phone

13. Just got my seeds planted in there pits and finished putting together my box with 3 pots and added some cfls I wish my pics would upload

14. Should I have lights on my sprouts that I planted that haven't popped out of soil yet?

15. Yes...like I said earlier.

16. Yeah sorry about that wasn't thinking my temps in the box are like 68-70 usually I watered them down good had 1 seed sprouting when I planted and a couple cracked open but majority weren't even popped yet just waiting for green to pop out of the soil hahah it's killing me

17. They will take a few days to pop through and there is no guarantee that they will all sprout....you may have some duds too bro.

18. Yeah I woke up this morning got one that sprouted so hopefully a few others I got 4 of the 23w daylight cfls on it probably gonna switch to an hps when I start to flower, I've also been thinking about doing a scrog with this cabinet box been reading about it looks like that will be my best bet just not to sure of how high up I want my screen yet, maybe I should lst first an then put up a screen? Also thanks for all the help growsensmokes I'll be putting a bunch of pics up tonight when I get to a computer

19. You could probably get away with just the LST. I have never tried a scrog. Definately go with HPS if you can...click on the link in my sig and check out the bud I just harvested the other day...I did a LST on her and she was only 18" tall. I always flower under HPS cause thats how you get the "BIG" buds.

20. Yeah I'm def gonna lst since I got limited height and have some room to bend around, yeah looks like hps makes a difference in flowering I'm gonna get one in a few weeks now to find one that will fit in my box haha I'll check out your sig when I get back home I'm on the app right now lol