2000w 18plant Lambsbread Hydroton/Coco hempy buckets

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SoCalCloset, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay Blades,

This time I'm getting serious. Like the title says, 2-1000w digital dimmable ballasts, A/c, co2 boosted, r/o watered, charcoal filtered sealed room. Strain is going to be Lambsbread. Atleast for this first run it will be. After that it will be a 9 plant split between Nirvana's Northern Light and World of Seeds MazarXwhite rhino. But that the future back to the now. Will be getting the clones and giving them a 1-2 week veg cycle before the flip. I am hoping to finish with 4-4.5 foot trees. I am shooting for about 1.5lbs per light. Being unemployed at the moment, I am making this my full time job for now. It will keep me distracted. Am going to run the entire Botanicare CNS nute line with all the extras and Protek Silica booster. R/O unit will be here next week sometime, so I have 30 gallons of water bubbling to remove the chlorine for the girls arrival on Saturday.:cool:

More to come................................

Attached Files:

2. Looks amazing dude. I think everyone dreams about a grow room like this. I noticed on tastebuds thread the soil makeup you're using. How much coco/hydroton/ect? Really interested in using both coco and hydroton in a 5 gal hempy after I'm finished with my next grow.

3. #4 SoCalCloset, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    I am going to be using 250 liters of Hydroton and 81 liters of chucky coco croutons. The buckets altogether are 90 gallons and I got 88 gallons of media. So its about a 3:1 hydroton to coco chunk mix. I will write more later. after i actually mix it and wash it tomorrow.:smoke:

4. I am getting really excited. I go to pick up the girls at 8am tomorrow. Won't be on here long I got Media to wash and prep. I will give more details about that with pick when done later tonight. I wanted to do it yesterday or today, but damn its been hot.:smoke:

5. looking good man!!! good luck!!!

6. okay did a little tidy'n up in the room. Mixed most of the medium up and filled 12 of the buckets 60% full. Ended up uning a mix ratio of 2:1 Hydroton to Coco Croutons. I did a little math and figured that the 3 inch reservoir with out the mix would hold a gallon of water roughly. So with the Coco-Ton mix in there I am really guessing that it'll hold about 1/3 of a gallon or a little more. I'll find out exactly when I get this up and running later today. Changed my lamps out to the MH for the quick veg I'm going to run. Really looking forward to getting the girls today. LOL, I hate it when I'm out there because i constantly see little improvements to do and I am not even growing yet. Here's some pics of the room my nute rack and the Coco-Ton medium (1:2 ratio) during mixing and in the buckets. And my measurement of 4'7" bucket top to hood at its highest, so optimally I want 3'6" plants.:smoke:

Attached Files:

7. #8 SoCalCloset, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    Here is a sneak peak at next run after the Lambs Bread. Nirvana's Northern Light and Mango Kush. And the Fire OG that i'm prolly gunna stick outside and let it soak the sun till weather makes me pull her inside to finish. Now be honest, do they look pretty or what? I haven't even topped or fim'd due to more height available than width.

Attached Files:

8. #9 SoCalCloset, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    Well I seem to be one bag of Coco Croutons short. And my local shop is closed for a wedding tomorrow. So looks like I am road tripping a bit to find me a crouton vendor, lol. I got 11 of the 18 Lambsbread planted and watered good. Took just a bit over half a gallon of solution to get goo run off out of the buckets. I just feel bad with the last 7 stuck in the cups for one more night. Going over to my room here shortly. Will take my camera with and take a few snappy snaps.:smoke:

Oh I almost forgot, when I picked up the clones this morning I was informed it was Black Domina X Lamb's Breath. Once I saw them, yeah you can see the Domina in it. Just wondering if the Lamb's Breath part was BS. They are extremely SKUNKY, extremely. 18 of these 12 inch tall clones stunk up my car like I was smuggling skunks under my seat, and they were in the trunk. From the leaves I can see the Domina, but I am gunna say unknown cross now. I hope it is Lambs Breath/Bread cause that would be a KO. okay back soon with pics, you can help me guess the cross, Black Domina x ???

9. #10 SoCalCloset, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    okay last update for today, with the aforementioned pics.:cool:

p.s. the dusty looking stuff is a light coating of FOOD grade Diatomaceous Earth that I dusted them with after the Azamax, neem, Organocide soaking dried. I don't want any imported bugs. And in 2 days I am going to set off a Pyrethrin fogger.

Attached Files:

10. Sweet jesus, I'm subb'd. I went big on the LED route and you went big on the HID route :D

11. That is just clean and sexy.

Not sure what kind of bug problem you thinking your going to have but that is some killer preparation. Forgot all about using diatomaceous earth need to pick my self up some.

12. Have you considered a Sulfur burner socal?

13. Almost everybody out here has Nuclear Spider mites that just swim in regular treatments, so I step up my game and swing for the fences right out the gate then I can maybe cruise the rest of the game.:smoke:

14. I think thats the reason why I don't go the clone route again..... so much possibility for hidden diseases or pests... :eek:

15. got my own cloner going now too, cost me a whole 65 bucks to build a 54 site aero-cloner. Put 12 cuts in it and in 9 days have roots on 11 outta the 12. Running it with 2 23w cfls over it and filled with Ph'd to 6.8 tap water that I didn't even de-chlorinate. This will be my only stranger bred clone run. I will be running my Mango Kush, Nirvana's Northern Light, and World of Seeds Mazar X White Rhino next. All beans cracked by me. So I really hear you on the unknowns of imported clones. I just had to get this thing running asap to offset my build costs. :smoke:

16. Nice. Take the offensive early. Also like the organic approach.

17. Yeah I try not to go chemical with pests, just too many really horrible chances to take with that route. I really hate to do it , but atleast with the organic controls I can do an emergency treatment late in flower. With the chemicals, well I'd rather just go bet in Vegas, atleast I would only lose my money, not one of my lungs or life. :smoke:

18. Yeah that is a eventual pick up, I might DIY one. They are spendy and really not complicated.:smoke:

19. Yeah pest killer residue is no good on smokeable's. Actually I try not to use chemical pest killer on anything I grow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.