1st Grow Using T12 and Cfl from Bagseed w/ 50% ffof-hf

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by fluroking, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Didnt realize I had this posted in the wrong category, lol.. Hopefully this will be a great experiance for us all.. Here it is..

Ok, So I have learned more in the past 2 months from this site then I ever have from anything online in my life.. I love the people here, and the amount of info is ENORMOUS, but only if you apply yourself that is, lol... I've gotten past the paranoia of "Is this site Safe" from doing all the research and from what I can gather, it's a safe as it can get... So here it goes..

I started with Bag seed on 7-31.. Once germed I placed in 6in pots with MG seed starter.. 6 pots total..
    one seed per pot, except for 1.. In the last pot I threw the remainder of about 10 seeds or so, all of which were the ones that had just barley cracked, and Kinda looked sh!tty, or so I thought.. I called this random pot, Pot O' Luck.. Of the 6 pots, 2 didnt do anything after 1 week.. 3 popped up quite nicely.. And the Pot O' Luck one, well, you ready for this?? You guessed it, 6 popped up, the other 4 sprouted but keeled over in just 2 days.. leaving the 4.. Now of these 4 they were super close to one another, and in only one corner of the pot, YIKES!!

After reading through loads of info and threads on here I decided that on week 3 it was time for a mega tune up transplant.. I decided to go with Fox Farm Oceans Forest and Happy Frog.. I mixed the 2 50/50.. Then tossed in about 15% Perlite.. I also used new, sterilized lava rock for the bottom 2 inches of my 3 gallon pots.. And finally coated the very top with a bag of Non Ph affecting Pebbles..

At this Time I added a 2nd Light, so now I have 2 standard Twin Bulb basic shop Lights.. The Bulbs are GE Daylight 40 Watts 3050 Lumens, 6500k, cri 75.. Totaling 160 watts and 12,200 Lumens..
    Before I get anybashing or questioning please know this, Heat is a MAJOR FACTOR for me, and I'm not talking about not being able to keep it cool, I'm talking about the actual heat of the bulb itself, a "hot Spot" so to speak if you catch my drift.. If not, well, then I dont think you belong in this hobby, lol... I am however kinda doing this for an experiment really, just to get in some green thumb skills, and see how this works with my own 2 eyes, after all practice makes almost perfect right guy's? Lol[​IMG] And to be honest, I'll be satisfied with "Airy" buds if thats what I get, its actually kind of expected, lol..

After only 6 days of transplant into the larger pots of FF, All I can say is, HOLY SH!T!! My Girlys have litteraly more than DOUBLED in size... Now I see why everybody recommends it.. Although I do have 1 thats was the runt all along, and still looks kinda fugly, but is doing much much better within the last 2 days, I think she decided its time to catch up [​IMG]

I am tottaly blown away by the progress these girls are making, I topped 4 of them just 4 days ago, 2 more yesterday, and then was able to top the other 4 agin today because they are showing and making extream growth in a small amount of time, atleast imo.. Especially given that the only down factor is my lights.. But now I noticed while I was topping agin today that in just 6 days from adding the 2nd light, its time to add the 3rd!! [​IMG]

As for Water here is what I got, I have no way to ph so why check it right? seems crazy I know, but so far I really dont think I need to because the Worm castings will do just enough that I shouldnt have to, as long as its not way off I would think, and besides, so far so good.. I have learned the signs to look for on just about all the important stuff just from this one awsome site alone that I came accross while high as shit, you guy's should really check it out, I think it's called Grasscity or something like that, lol... Had you going for a minute there moderators didnt I?? [​IMG]
    What I do do tho is I fill up a 5gal jug, leave the top off of it, and have an air stone with a pump in it arriating untill its time for watering to remove the chlorine, and oxygenate the water.. Hmmm, wonder how I knew that? Must of read it somewere.. lol. Which has been for roughly about every 60 hours or so.. I water each one with the smallest watering can they sell at wallyworld, about 1/3 of a gallon or maybe a touch more.. I just simply water when one of 3 things is happening, #1 I stick my finger in soil on the edge 1inch in, if it comes out dry, its time.. If plants tell me to, its time, or if I pick it up and it feels about the same as it did when I first mixed the soil, then ir's def time..

As for Co2, this is about all I can do here so please bear with me.. On one of the occasions I'm checking on them throughout the day, I examine each plant carefully, then hold the leaf's up and spray the underside of every leaf with the bubbly oxygenated water, then spray the tops of everything kind of heavily.. Seems to work great thus far..

I am however able to maintain a steady temperature of between 76-80F for 24/7.. [​IMG]

Humidity when I first started was 78%!! I simply took about 6 coffe cans, drilled holes in them, and in the lid, and filled with chunked all wood charcoal.. After 4 days My humidity is Min 48% max 58%.. Problem solved, works great.. Although I did place 2 cans infront of a large boxfan that runs on low for 24 hours a day, except when I'm in there, after all I want my ladies breathing my regergitated air as often as they can right?? [​IMG]

For bug control, well, seems the only problem at the moment is those dang fruit flies and pecker knats, I fixed there A$$ with some nifty flyribbons placed on each side of the closet.. When I visit I make time to hunt and kill anything I see pesterin my beeotches.. seems to do the trick quite nicely, usuall only 1 or 2 flying around in circles,[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well its late and this is about all I can think of at the momet PLEASE leave me any comments or suggestions or helpfull info you may have, after all, I chose this community for a reason just as you did..

I will keep y'all posted, and trust me, Pics are def coming..

2. Ok, heres some pics from today.. A few days after all the topping.. The last pic is after I sprayed the leaves, this is why they look wilted a lil.. Any comments or suggestions please dont hesitate!! Thanks Guy's!!

P.s. the smallest one in the dif color pot was the runt, but seems to be catching up.. The second smallest one had some weird growth, and something else going on with it so It took a heavy trimming, but seems to be recovering nicely.. Any thoughts are much appriceated!!

Attached Files:

3. Agin, Not 1 comment or Suggestion, or question or anything??? Did I really start off that bad some how?? This has all been the highlite of my life lately and couldnt wait to share with the community, But I never expected not a single reply.. :(

4. You're doing fine!
    keep up what you're doing 'cause they look healthy to me! :smoke:
    cheers

5. Thanks Scary Hairy, Glad to hear it.. Means My reading here and all my hard work is starting to show on a positive note.. Guess it's official, I'm off to a great start!!!:cool:

Keep checking back,I will continue to update a few times a week.. And thanks agin SH!! umadmuhday

6. They really do look great, nice and green and judging by those pictures, no discoloration.
    I'll definitely keep checking back.

You just made this thread today, trust me more people will come :)

7. yea they look great to me keep it up..

8. Due to the weather lately Ive noticed my temps hovering around 73f.. What is "Too Low" In your h.o.? Thanks in advance guys!!

9. Looking good. Keep it up!

I wouldn't worry about the temps. They seem fine to me. My grow is around that temp as well. Sometimes even lower, I was down to 67 one day this week

10. Sub'd! Im pullin up a chair =D

11. Lookin good fluro im all in.

12. Awsome, Thanks yall! :) Nothing really new to report, grew almost an inch in 24hrs on average over the last 2 days.. Very surprised at the stalk sizes already.. Some are 8 inches tall, and as thick as a marker.. Their loving their box fan i guess, lol..

13. Cool,:cool: They been going from 70-75.. I can live with that I guess.. 43% humidity..

14. Got temps to stay between 73-78f now.. They seem to like it a lot better and picked up there speed a lil bit on growing, grew about a half inch in last 36 hours... New pics will come tomorrow, they will have been in the ffof mix for 14 days Tomorrow.. Thanks peeps, Peace out till 2morow.

15. Ok, So Today all 7 plants have been in the ff mix for a total of 14 days, and I must say, am Very, Very impressed with my results.. Also now have added the 3rd light for the last week I believe, They could almost use a 4th.. They have a total lumens of around 18,500 right now in a 3x4 area..

I was also able to take a decent clone off of the 6 Biggest ones, Not from the Runt in the Tan Bucket, I think Ima just let it run natural cause it seems to be struggleing enuff, Unless it starts gettin in the way, then its out it goes, lol.. I built a humidity dome for about 10$.. Just used a decent all clear plastic tote from good ol wally world, and some jiffy 4in pots and some Mg Seed/Root starter.. Ill see how they take, if it's shitty Ill take another from each and put them in my ff mix.. Temps are at about 80f in the clone dome, humidity is around 85-90%.. I think I'll lettem rde right there with 1 26watt cfl on top.. Should do the trick you think for the first 3-4 days??

Pics are before and after the cloneing, the last one is after a good watering, rotate, inspection, and heavy misting underside as well as tops.. Was now able to move big box fan on level 2 about 1 foot closer, they are taking it nicely so far.. Nice fat stalks and branches, very very sturdy plants, Theyr gunna need it I think,;)

Temps have still been steady between 75-77f.. All lights are still on 24/7.. Humidity for the most part is steady 50%..

Let me know any thoughts, and if your following, PLease comment!! thanks!! Peace Frog's..:smoke:

Attached Files:

16. O ya, Heres the DIY Humidity Clone Dome.. Lol:D

Attached Files:

17. Nice idea with the tote for a humidity dome. Everything looks real nice mang.

If you have a bug problem, you can also get something called Pyrethrin. Its an oil that comes from some seed from some tree. Mix it with water in a spray bottle and you have a WMD for the bugs. Plus its organic.

18. Your plants look awesome man! Check out my grow in my signature!

19. Nice man those clones look super healthy. Real ingenuitive.:hello:

20. Awsome Guys! Thanks for the Comps!!

As for the spray, ya I know all about it, just trying to hold off for aslong as I can without doing alot of intervention you know.. Mind you so far I have gotten to this point with only using 2 chemicals for anything.. Alchohol for sterilizing, and the rooting hoirmone.. Other than that They have gotten No ferts at akk what soever and have been sprayed with nothing but h20..

Would be sweet to go through the entire cycle without using one single thing, but I doubt it.. I plan on using a touch of the tigger bloom and plenty of B.S. Moleasses..

I honestly am blown away by this grow, especially it being my first, and using no ferts yet, and just being aware of temps and humidity... Im just thankfulll that clearly the ph of my tap cant be too bad cause correct me if i'm wrong but I think 6 of the 7 are safe to say as healthy as an ox, lol...

I've spent countless hours going through all of your journals over the past 3 months, I pretty much learned everything from this community.. Yall rock!! I'm Def Hooked, And Subbed to Yall!!

But 4 now, Peace Homies....