DailyToker1985's CFL Cabinet Grow (starting at budding) bag seed soil grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DailyToker1985, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hi All,

For anyone who doesn't know some backstory, I'm a new time personal grower and haven't really had much luck yet getting a plant from seed to harvest. This cabinet is my build (based off the awesome help and other grow logs posted here) and have one plant growing out of the two places I have in this cabinet to work with.

I started with a PC MicroGrow to just test the waters before I went with this method and I know I can get this to work, just need to get the art down. My first plant (bagseed) ended up being male and I am down to my last seed. You can see a bit of my design and read up on my first way that "didn't work" here.

So, right now i'm ending week 6 (week 7 starts Sunday) with one week into budding. I'm using 6x2700k 13W Sylvania CFL bulbs and my plant is an unknown strain (to me) from bag seed. So far, this one is staying female and i'm happy. Not much has changed in the plants appearance in the last week since I switched the bulbs around. Still using the same nutes as the last plant. Waiting to see a change.

Please, let me know how i'm doing and any advice you can give is appreciated. Sorry for not posting from start to finish for this bag seed grow, but I didn't want to get everyone else's hopes up :D I also received my seeds that I ordered from a single seed supplier, so now I have 2xWW and 2xAK48. I'm starting to germinate one of the WW seeds for the bottom space of the cabinet and will germinate a AK48 seed with the one on the top cabinet either:

A) Goes male and I kill it (won't happen this time)
    B) Crop out and clone this beast into my PC Case
    C) Some other unknown bullshit happens

Here are some pics of my plant now and how it is doing.

Attached Files:

2. update:

Starting week 3. Changed around some of my bulbs, wasn't getting the results I wanted with the Sylvania's so I'm using some Wal-Mart house brand 4x 2700k 13w CFL and 2x 6700k 23W CFL Veg bulbs.

My girl is doing great, lots of white hairs showing up now and it is for sure a female this time. So happy :D

Not sure why I can't get my other seeds to germinate (WW and AK-48) been a week now and no sprouts :(

Anyways, here are some pictures of my baby. Now to read up on cloning.

Attached Files:

3. What? Can't get no love?

*bump*

4. Update:

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, been busy. I'm assuming everything is doing great on my plant. No balls so it's a female and the white hairs are still growing and now I think I seem some of them beginning to change their colour. It is now week 6 for budding and i'm using a 20-50-20 fertilizer at half strength for nutrients.

Also, my WW seed has sprouted. I think I had a problem with the paper towel I was using to germinate (I know, sounds picky) but, after I switched back from the local store "recycled" brand, they sprouted the next day. Also I used pure bottled water. The WW was germinated on the 5th of Sept and was officially put into soil on the 9th. It has been two weeks and is now been transplanted into a 10" pot and started nutrients 10-10-10 at one quarter strength. So far so good. The plant is growing out wider than the bag seed one I have and is healthy and growing. Slight nute burn on one of the leaves, might have been a little early.

Here are some pictures showing how well things are going so far. Please comment and tell me if there are any areas that I can improve on. Also, I have two questions:

1) How do I clone my plants?
    2) When and how do I flush out the nutrients before crop?

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

5. Looks good dude, but I would try to concentrate on growing them upright instead of sideways...LOL

6. lol, but I worked so hard on getting them to grow SIDEWAYS. New grow idea, use the horizontal space instead of the vertical.

Update coming soon.

7. Update: Week 7 for Bagseed,

Well, i'm not too sure what is going on right now, but it may be note burn or nutrient lockout. Anyways, the leaves have started to curl on the sides a bit now. Not sure what is going on here. It should be close to harvest and the white hairs are still staying out and no amber or anything else noticeable yet. Anybody have any ideas? I'm going to be posting this part in the help! section since it may be a major issue. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Due to space (and the fact that the plant is growing almost into the lights) I removed the two centre bulbs to allow it to grow another 2-3 inches, now I have 4x13W 2700k bulbs for flowering.

Week 4 for WW:

So far so good, this plant is a bushy one. No trimming has been done yet (should I top it, or leave it for now?) and she is a healthy green all around. Still not too tall yet (which is good) and is beginning to grow some vertically in the stem.

My Thoughts:

I think I may have to re-evaluate everything i've done so far. As it stands, i've been comparing my results against the two bag seed plants I started out with and the new one from the seed that I actually bought seems to be growing out completely different. The bag seed one I have might have been a different species (indica vs sativa). Will see how things progress from here.

Comments please! Oh, and I think I got the pictures to work right this time. ;)

Attached Files:

8. Update: Week 8

The plant I believe is getting close to harvest. The white hairs have started to turn amber and i've just started to feed it water now to help get the nutes out of the system. So far, so good (I think).

My WW is doing GREAT. Lots of growth in the last week alone. Just pistols showing, so it's good so far. Another week or two and I think i'll have to go over to flowering due to my space limitations. This plant is some bushy compared to the last one.

Attached Files: