first time grow in closet with CFL's

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alleyne, May 30, 2011.

1. #1 alleyne, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    Hey GC

like the title says, this is my first time growing. im not hoping for huge buds or anything like that. just want to get the hang of it this time, so i can try grow some kick ass plants in my next grow.

i am growing in 60% coco coir and 40% perlite. so far i am still just giving my plants plain 5.9 pH water. I will be feeding them with GHE's (floregro, floramicro and florebloom) when its time(not sure when)

Currently they are under 4 x 18w 2700K bulbs but i will shortly put them under a 105w 6500K bulb(will add a second one if i need)

i have just transplanted them into there new temporary homes.

My current temps are 66-77 with humidity around 65%.

these seeds are from some pretty decent swazi i bought. so no idea on sex (come on LADIES!)

any help\advice\comments are welcome :wave:

cheers

(thanks to everyone who helped with the design of of my grow box
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/807533-first-ever-attempt-closet-grow-advice.html)

2. #3 alleyne, May 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. #4 alleyne, May 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. so im at day 5 of veg, just gave my little ones a 1/4 strength dose of nutes. will start them on 18/6 hours of light with the 105w 6500K bulb tomow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. veg day 6: just add'd in the big 105w 6500K light.

[​IMG]

6. these seem to look good.. Humidity seems very high tho, mite want to remove that bowl of water. try keep humidity max 40% min 30%

Im have similar set up so feel free to have a look.

search for - First grow Autoflower stealth box.

7. checked out your grow looking good brother! glad u worked out those kinks :hello:

removed the water will check the hum % later.

8. yeah its my first grow, got things sorted now. i suppose practice makes perfect.

Goodluck mate i will keep an eye on this.

9. Im about a month away from done with my first and I can def say that practice makes perfect. Can't wait for my next grow.

10. do u have any upto date pics?

11. Here ya go. These plants had a rough upbringing due to an initial bad setup but are flowering decently

Attached Files:

12. Wonderfull mate, these look amazing especially that pic on the left. how old is that?

13. I can't remember, its written down at home but im prob 2-4 weeks from harvest

14. You will learn alot on your first grow that will make your second so much better. Its alot of trial and error and getting your temps right and make sure they get enough fresh air. What a great hobby though

15. yeah i couldnt agree more, i think next grow i will increase the size of pots and i will only grow 3 not 4. think this is main reason my girls are a tad short.

Also i will be using coco for next grow.

16. What size pots are you using?

17. only using 1 gal pots mate, i know this isnt big enough but i got greedy and tried to fit 4 in. this is the main reason my plants are small. next grow will be 2gal pots, idealy i would use 4 gal but i dont have enough room.

18. i read alot on pot sizes, and gathered that a 4-5 liter pot was the way to go for final pot size, when my little ones are ready that will be there final size pot.

day 7 veg: one my my plants is looking a little droopy, but the soil is still damp so not worried, gonna add those 20w 2700K bulbs in today so there is one just over each plant. with the side fan the temps are a little low.

[​IMG]