LED-grow 170watt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tellus, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Next batch :):

[​IMG]

5 plants all together...

[​IMG]

Will Keep them lower but with more branches this time since that seems to be the way to go with led:s...

2. Theyre getting there :)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more week or so and then its floweringtime...:D

Nice AND easy... LED is the future!

3. *pulls up a chair*

i dont got much advice lol but their looking good and i'll be watching this....i like LED'z and been thinking about using them in my next grow, 1000w HPS add'ed an extra $70 on my electric bill lol

4. Hey, thanx!

Nice to hear that you are thinking of using led:s in your next grow. I really cant say anything about how well they will function in a bigger grow but for me and a smaller one like this its perfect since im trying to keep it simple :), and cheap... But my goal is still to be self-sufficient and it fells like im getting there.

I started out with only a 50w-ufo and got quite suprised about the amount it produced so i cant wait to see what will happen this time...

There are som exciting times ahead :D...

Cheers!

5. #5 Pustulio, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    yeah i dont think i'll use them for a bigger grow (if i had the money to get a few of them i would) but i was thinking about getting one so i can do microgrows until its big grow season again :) i got a question though, idk for sure but to me it seems LED has more light penetration, i mean like it seems to reach the lower branches better then HID'z (i've only used HPS) and i could be totally wrong but just wondering if you had any input

anywho cant wait for the next update

6. What ive learned so far about led:s is that the general opinion is that you will not have the same amount of penetration as with hps-lamps. As im only using 170w myself i have to work a bit more with the plants in order to distribute the light as fairly as possible but i think you would have to do that with a 170w-hps as well so...

I used to grow with a 400w-hps lamp some years ago and then you could just plant your seeds an grow your plants without any pruning or anything and they turned out quite alright anyway... If you were to use a 300 or a 600w led you might not cover the same area as with a hps-lamp in the same size but the penetration would probably be just as good in the area that it would cover (my own personal guess)...

For microgrows or vegging led:s are perfect if you ask me. For microgrows you can use them all the way ( ive read somewhere that leds dont produce any flowers but to me thats just bullshit ) and if you want to veg you plants before moving them into a 12/12 hps-room led:s will make your plants lush and green and in the same time help you keep your bills down.

My first ever tryout with led:s. I used a 50w-led ufo and 60w fluoroscent lights...
    [​IMG]
    The led:s impressed me enough to get just a little bit more light and keep on going :)...

I switched to 12/12 last night so ill post some pictures as soon as they start to change...

Peace

7. Almost a week since flowering was introduced and the first real stigmas are starting to show... :D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crapy pictures because of a crapy camera but decided to upload them anyway...
    One more week and then i should probably be able to get some descent flowering-pictures even with my lousy camera...

See yaa

8. lol i got a shittty camera too, but i just figured LED had more light penatration cause as you know i run my 1000w and i try spacing my plants out so theirs room but everything below my top canopy seems to die off or look suspect, with LED it seemed to me more light reached those lower leaves so that why i asked...im thinking i just need to try out LST and get some good grooming skillz lol and i must say you nug'z from your first tryout with LED looked delicious :D

9. Yupp, bending and breaking seems to be the way to go with led:s :). In my first try i experienced that branches would start to grow but then they stoped again before they could reach the light outside the fan-leaves if i just left the plants to grow. So i decided to experiment a little and when you bend them and tie them down it seems to be much better then just growing them straight up... At least so far...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont know if there is any rules about how you should tie them down so i just went ahead and freestyled... But the result looks pretty good i think...:D

10. Tellus, it sure looks from here like you got it right. Nice job on the LST. reprep!

I def like the all-UFO grow you are doing. Going to be interesting to keep an eye on.

Good luck!

11. possuum38north

Thanx alot!

You grow with every grow as you learn you know :)...

Cheers!

12. well im gonna grow some experiment plants and try my hand at LST and a few other methods hopefully get in a little personal growth b4 my next HPSroom grow lol, but i was kinda figuring each plant would differ on how you LST them but i'll find out....anywho how them flowers looking?

13. Thats the best way to do it, first of all experimenting is funny as hell and thru that you will find your own way of doing things that works for you and your plants...:)

The ladies are in a stretching-mode at the moment :D. As you know my camera is shit but maybe you can see that they are getting a little denser in the top-canopy? I tried to take some closeup-photos but failed catastrophicly!!! All you could see was a big blur so there was no meaning uploading them...

[​IMG]

The first time i grew this plant it finished in 8 weeks so 1 down and 7 to go...:smoke:

14. 10 days since i switched to 12/12

[​IMG]

Things are starting to happen and its a wonderful time :D!

15. looking good man, those look healthy and im loving the top clusters im seeing

16. Day 22

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are starting to look sweeet... :)

17. Dude I am happy as all get out for ya! I'm really excited to see how this turns out for you.... and "us" LOL! Seems a lot of folk yak about LED's but you are a dude that's putting it on the line bro. That's the stuff of champions! Here's a rep if I have the rep-bank and also 170 public reps; one for each LED watt!!! :hello:

18. Looks awesome man! +rep for being an LED pioneer :smoke:

19. looking good man looking good, hey your camera what settings can you play with (does it have a flower/"macro" mode)?