--== The Barneys Farm LSD chronicles ==--

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Russy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. #1 Russy, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    Hi Grasscity ! :wave:
    and welcome to ..............

--== The Barneys Farm LSD chronicles AND MORE ! ==--

by Russy

Pots & Plants:

* Updates starting on Update 8

Soil : Promix HP 3.8 cu. ft. with Mycorrhizae compressed bale : LINK
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest (Added at Day 50) : LINK

Lights
    : 1000 Watt HPS + 400 Watt HPS (added at day 75)

Ventilation : 6" 440 CFM Exhaust , 4" 170 CFM Intake

Nutes : Botanicare Line + super thrive + molasses

Genetics
    :
    • Barneys Farm LSD Feminized is an old Skunk variety crossed with Mazar. - Called LSD by the Farm crew because of its powerful trippy effect. Developed from ancient genetics long established in the Farm seed bank. Crossing Skunk #1 with a potent Mazar we have created a very powerful Indica strain. Barneys Farm L.S.D. Feminized is a hardy, disease resistant plant and it's cannabis seeds responds well in all grow conditions. With just a little care and attention, the Barneys Farm L.S.D. Feminized strain will give the grower high yielding award winning powerful results. The flavor is intense earthy chestnut with a sweet musky smell. The Barney's Farm LSD Feminized cannabis seeds produce a euphoric, almost psychedelic experience. It's a super-trippy and very powerful stone, a Barney's Farm special. Yield optimum indoor is 600 gr/m2, indoor height: 50 - 60 cm and flowering time is 60-65 days.
    • White Queen - Introducing Her Royal Highness The White Queen...The Empress among the white marijuana genetics. Her rich royal fragrance of most delicate perfume with her harmonious and delightful bouquet. We are caught by the intense powerful almost hypnotic fragrance from this o so special sophisticated narcotic pheromone essence coming all the way from those wonderfull budds covered with stardust enormous fascinating THC-resin crystals like spectacular shiny crazy diamonds. A absolute must for the connoisseur.
    • DNA Sour Cream Feminized cannabis seeds are the best of both worlds with the classic Haze taste mixing with the high yield of Sour and G13. We don't know why anyone would pass DNA Genetics Sour Cream Feminized up, it's a Haze plant with a difference, having Sour nugs all over her and produces a heavy yield. The original Sour Diesel cutting was used, in combination with the G13 Haze cannabis seeds to bring Sour style buds with haze flavour. It is a Sour Creamy blend of Sativa with a dash of Indica. This DNA Sour Cream Feminized has an amazing mix of Haze n' Sour!
    • Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk - We crossed the famous “Barney's” Pineapple with our Cheese/Skunk #1 with the intention of breeding in to this new variety the essence and flavor of these two delicious strains. The result is an extremely vigourous and stable plant. Mould and disease resistant.
      Flowering to a beautiful conclusion in just 55 days. The essence and flavour of Pineapple Chunk is immediately obvious. Its aroma of earthy Cheese X Skunk is backed up by a secondary scent of Pineapple. The taste is delicious and unique. Earthy flavours are underpinned by a strong tasty Pineapple aftershock.
      Pineapple Chunk is most rewarding. A huge giver with a massive THC output and high CBD gives a powerful couch lock effect.

UPDATES

Update 1 : Lets play catch up : Days 1-37

Update 2 : PH in control ? - Day 42

Update 3 : Loving the New Shoe's !! - Day 54

Update 4 : :cool: Flowering Time = 1000 watts - Overall Day 64 - Transition Day 1

Update 5 : Pistols ! - Overall Day 67 - Transition Day 4

Update 6 : Almost flowering... Overall Day 70 - Transition Day 7

Update 7 : Flowering Time - Overall Day 73- Flower Day 1

Update 8 : Upgrades and additions - Overall Day 76- Flower Day 4

Update 9 : Da Crew - Transplant -Transition \ Big Momma - Overall Day 80- Flower Day 8

Update 10 : Da Crew - Trans./Flower Day 4 \ Big Momma - Overall Day 88- Flower Day 16

Update 11 : Da Crew - Flower Day 10 \ Big Momma - Overall Day 94 - Flower Day 22

Update 12 : Da Crew - Flower Day 18 \ Big Momma - Overall Day 102 - Flower Day 30

Update 13 : Da Crew - Flower Day 24 \ Big Momma - Overall Day 108 - Flower Day 36

Update 14 : Da Crew - Flower Day 31 \ Big Momma - Overall Day 115 - Flower Day 43

Update 15 : Da Crew - Flower Day 38 \ Big Momma - Overall Day 122 - Chopped

Update 16 : Da Crew - Flower Day 45 \ Big Momma & Willow - Bud Shots

Update 17 : Da Crew - Flower Day 52

Update 18 : Da Crew - Harvest , Sour Cream - Flower Day 61

Update 19 : Sour Cream - Flower Day 63

Update 20 : Sour Cream - Pre Harvest Day 78

Update 21 : Final Harvest Weights and Bud Shots

Update 22 : Smoke and Grow Reports

`

2. #2 Russy, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
    PLAN UPDATES

The plan 6-22-2010 :

My original plan, and always subject to change is to Mother a large LSD plant. Clones from that mother will number from 15-20 if possible. Of those clones, the best one will become my permanent bonsai LSD mother. After cloning from the main mom , she will undergo LST until the clones are rooted and ready to flower.

Then the LSD mother and 8-10 of the remaining clones will go under the 400 watt HPS to flower . While the Bonsai mother will go into my newly constructed mother room.

Edited on 7-21-2010

Only took 5 clones , and Its now flowering under 1000 watts , not 400. I still hope to make a bonzai mother from one of the clones , If they take.

Edited on 7-30-2010

All 5 clones took.

Top 2 LSD clones will now go head to head to see which one will be my permanent mother . Also now in the Mix will be 2 White Queen clones that will also go head to head to see which one will be my mother of that strain ! Now Flowering under a Full 1400 Watts , not 1000 .

Edited on 8-3-2010

Decided to gift all my clones !! Now only running a flowering room , 1400 Watts of HPS , and 4 different strains. Updated first post with genetics ! I was gifted 5 plants from a friend :hello::hello: ! I had been vegging them back to health and now they are flowering also ! Plants included ; 1 LSD , 2 White Queens , 1 Pineapple Chunk , 1 Sour Cream. And I will also start including my mother White Queen named Willow in the updates.

Edited on 9-8-2010

Decided not to maintain the LSD strain for any coming runs due to pheno type. White queen is preserved . Pineapple chunk and Sour cream will be 1 time runs . Next run is tentatively set , GHS Bubba Kush and BF Amnesia Lemon ... though I seem to change my mind a lot !

`

3. #3 Russy, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    `

Lets play Catch up
    ~~~UPDATE 1~~~

LSD main Mother at day 2 (outside)

[​IMG]

Day 4 (outside)

[​IMG]

Day 9 (outside)

[​IMG]

Day 13 (inside)

[​IMG]

Day 19 (inside)

[​IMG]

Day 25 (inside)

[​IMG]

Day 29 (outside)

[​IMG]

Day 37

[​IMG]

Having some issues as of lately, will post pictures detailing the problems with all the info I have , and Ill look forward to everyone's comments on my LSD adventure, and on solving my problems !

Stay tuned for an update within an hour.

Thanks all :wave:

`

4. I got LSD growing now in all different stages ill get some pics when lights come on.

5. #5 Russy, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010

Info ::

Soil PH : 6.3

Tap Water (well) : 7.0-7.1

Nutrient mix : 6.8 (unadjusted)

Cal/Mag and very light feedings of PBP grow and Silica blast are the only nutes this baby has got. unfortunately I do not have a PPM tester yet. If you need anymore info to help my diagnose, let me know, and Ill do my best .

Ok , heres some Macro's of some of my problems ::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

`

6. Additional info ::

Flushed 2 days ago with pure water , 9 gallons through the 3 gallon smart pot.

Took 3 readings of PH.

IN : 7.1 PH 3 gallons
    OUT: 6.8 PH

IN : 7.1 PH 3 Gallons
    OUT: 6.8 PH

IN: 7.1 PH 3 Gallons
    OUT: 6.9 PH

So basically starting with a clean slate as of now, Its almost ready for water again.

7. #7 Alatar, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    Russy,

That's a beautiful plant. It looks a lot like the phenotype that MrsEd is growing right now. Mine has narrower leaves.

That looks like a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium locks out when the soil pH is below 6.5. AskEd put together a neat nutrient lockout chart in his first GC journal. Hold on, I'm going to go fetch it...

Here it is:

[​IMG]
    I've pasted that thing all over GC.

So I would flush the plant to get the runoff pH up to 6.5 - 6.8 and then feed her some Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus or Epsom salts or something else with magnesium in it.

There is an ICMag tutorial on cannabis nutrient deficiencies that is linked in a sticky in the GC Sick Plants and Problems forum. It has a nice photo of a plant with a magnesium deficiency that is not quite as far along as yours.

[​IMG]

Here is what they have to say about it:

That pretty much agrees with what I said, except they are saying flush 2x the container volume, whereas I am suggesting that you flush until the pH of the runoff is in the 6.5 to 6.8 range. My way may take more water, but it should get you where you need to go.

EDIT: Ha! While I was typing, you were flushing.
    ---

8. Thanks for the +rep, Russy.

You did say up above that the soil pH was 6.3. But your runoff does seem to hint that we should be looking elsewhere. It's not conclusive. The possibility exists that it was at 6.3 but you pulled it up with the first three gallons. But that does seem very unlikely. Soil pH does not usually come up without a fight. 3 gallons is hardly a skirmish.

I assume you have a high level of confidence in the accuracy of your pH readings. Just yesterday, I heard a grower talking about how he had all sorts of lockout and he couldn't figure out why until he recalibrated his meter and discovered that he was feeding at 3.2 pH.

So let's go back to that ICMag tutorial...

The wording there is a bit off, but it looks like potassium, calcium or phosphorous in sufficient quantities will block magnesium uptake. If you had too much of any of those three then the flush should have taken care of that issue. But very light feedings should not cause that. We have a bit of a mystery on our hands.

I would feed her as soon as she is dry enough. Maybe not so light a feeding.

9. #9 Russy, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010

Thanks you Alatar , very educated response. Lets see how things go in the next week or so after this flush. I will give it a standard dose of Cal/Mag plus , and a heavier feeding of grow formula than usual, and see what happens.

Pretty confident in the PH readings. Ive checked like 10 sources, and done several controls, on the calibration liquid, bottled, and tap water, as well as Hot , and Cold.

PS : purpling on some stems would leave me to believe it actually had some phosphorous def. but that doesnt seem possible unless I was just under feeding, or there is some other issue with my well water. I do wish i had a PPM meter.. But Not for awhile yet.

PSS: I thought I had tell tale signs of Calcium Def. also, maybe I was mistaken on that, PERHAPS my well water has to much calcium in it, which in supplement to Cal/Mag plus was enough excess Calcium to lock out Magnesium ?

Now it just seems like im over analyzing .......

10. Actually, that's a pretty decent hypothesis. Hard water does normally contain calcium. Calcium can lockout magnesium. You could test that theory by cutting over to RO or distilled water for a bit.

11. Hey Russy! I have an LSD too! It's cool that we're running the same strains.

I can't help with the soil, but your plant looks like it will pull through, you seem to know what you're doing anyway. Good luck, can't wait to see some flowers!

12. Hey Russ! I got an easy fix for you brother, you are using Promix, right? That's soiless so you need to be ph'ing down to 5.8. Don't use any runoff readings with soiless, just ph everything to 5.8 going in and you'll be fine ;) This stuff grows damn near close to coco, I used sphagnum before trying coco as a matter of fact LOL

Looking at this, i realize my chart is not too helpful with this because magnesium doesn't always do so well over 6.5 in soiless. The chart shows magnesium OK in that range in the hydro scale. I based my chart on the sick plants thread, here's the mag part:

Those leaves won't repair at all :mad: I usually cut them off after a correction to watch the progress.

Hey I love the day 37 pic man, can I use that in my coco guide? I need a good mag def picture and that one is perfect.

I have a lot of ph info in the coco guide, ALL of it applies to your Promix or any soiless medium.

Hope this helps man!

13. Id be honored for you to use my picture in your Guide ! ! ! :hello:

Why is Pro-mix considered soiless? that is exciting to me, Can it really be that easy?

If it's really as simple as treating it like a soiless then you have helped me tremendously !!

I wish i could rep you again.

14. I feel so dumb right now.... Ive been using this mix for months not knowing what it is..

*ULTIMATE FACE PALM*

:mad:

Soilless mixes are used for hydroponic as well as organic gardening. Promix is a mixture of sphagnum moss, perlite, vermiculite, dolomite lime ( to stabilize the pH) and a wetting agent for even water absorption. Promix comes in two different mixes; BX or HP. The BX has equal amounts of perlite and vermiculite while the HP has less vermiculite and more perlite, resulting in a "lighter" faster draining mixture. We usually recommend BX for hand watered gardens and HP is recommended for automated watered systems.

Well, I hand water, So they recommend BX , but I like the faster draining of the HP , with the attention I give them it works out well.

So Now i will PH everything going In to soiless levels !!!

Ed... Wow, you are so great, teaching others from what you have learned. You sir are truly an inspiration.

15. No wonder I'm locking Out Phosphorus ! !! You've given me a boost of confidence in analyzing and diagnosing plants, because now all of my original diagnoses are correct seeing my PH should have been in the Soiless range.

I also thought I saw some Zinc def. which really blew my mind, but now that also makes sense !

You have no idea how embarrassed / happy i am right now to have solved the mystery I have been trying to figure out for weeks....

Edit : Some of those Def. im referring to are showing big time in the Flower Power, not so much the LSD .

16. Hey Russ! Looks like you found your answers :) I'm happy for ya man! I appreciate the use of the pic bro - it shows all the classic signs, I'll give you full credit of course. Good luck man, it's a whole new grow now LOL

17. Way to keep with it Russy, keep us posted on the progress

18. Jumpin on board man :) Cheers!

19. Feeding update :

PH ` 5.8
    Nutes ` 1/4 strength Silica Blast . 1/8 strength PBP grow , 1/2 strength Cal/Mag plus

Also trimmed all the yellow leaves off, so i could judge what changing the PH In to 5.8 does.

20. She may complain a bit about the abrupt pH change, but she'll adjust.

I should have spotted the promix reference. You stated that you were using it up front and I read it, but it didn't penetrate. At least we have solved the mystery and we have a straight forward solution to the problem.