Flip's 1st Grow w/ Two 600 watt HPS in custom built closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Flip The Script, May 29, 2010.

1. #1 Flip The Script, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwe9d9kjBE"]YouTube- Starship[/ame]

If this is your first time in this thread. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Flip and I'm a California MMJ patient. Here to please your eyes. tease your mind and perhaps get you high. Sit back and join the journey on my Spaceship. As I like to call her. And join the never ending endeavor for better bud & goodtimes. So pull up a chair. Roll somethin up. Pour somethin up, if thats what you do. Me personally dont drink. Pack the bong or bowl and take a fat rip. Bout to gas it up and take off as jaysew would say. Thanks for stopping by.

Update Index
    These are photo/video update links

GrowRooms
    The Spaceship - A custom-built 4x8 flower room.
    The Pods 2 Closets in my bedroom they're still under development

Specs
    Ok so heres the breakdown

Growing Medium: Roots Organic Soil
    Growing Pots: 5 Gallon SmartPots
    Nutrients: Fox Farm Trio, Great White for roots, Roots Excelurator for roots, FloraBlend compost tea, Hygrozyme Enzymatic Root Digester, "GO" CalMag+
    System: Drip Irrigation to 6 plants at a time with a waste runoff. During Veg I was feeding once a week. During flowering I plan on feeding once a week followed by a little less than generous watering 2-3 days after depending on dryness of soil.

Equipment
    Both rooms are using 6" air cooled reflective hoods with diamond pattern.
    Spaceship Lighting: -600 watt GeneralElectric HPS Lucalox
    Pod Lighting:125 Watt Compact Fluorescent. I have an extra ballast and 2 Metal Halides that i would love to use. Heat.:mad:

Strains
    Time to meet the babies.

White Widow Aka Superhead
    Chem D Aka Chuck D
    Qurkle Aka Quincy Jones
    Green Crack aka Mama Grace
    Mendocino Afgoo Aka Nelson Mendella
    Hindu Skunk Aka Pepe Le Peau

Attached Files:

2. #2 Flip The Script, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
    The cab is almost done!!!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wU2QVztqJ8"]YouTube- howflythegrow[/ame]

3. You get's some Cali love from me bro, anybody that builds their own room has some dedication to the art.
    Can't wait to see what you grow in there :smoking:

4. #5 Flip The Script, May 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
    Thanks for the love bro. I'm still undecided I'm goin to see which clones some local spots have if I'm not feeling what I see I'm goin to have to go to Hollywood and pickup/order them there. I am doing two seeds though; white widow & frisian dew

5. Hey Flip! :wave:

Looks like you're doing your start-up right! Double 600's! Big time right from the get-go! Cab's gonna look pro too, dude! I'll be checking ya out!

6. Thanks bro I'm hoping to be on your schedule one day.

Good and bad news though. my 5 clones are going to take about 2 weeks so I ordered them but I'm looking elsewhere for a couple till then any suggestions would be dope.

the cab is done pics tomorrow!!!

7. #8 Flip The Script, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    :bongin:
    Whoa

Haven't updated in a while but with good reason!

Well first lets get to the dirt. I went down to my local club and to my suprise there where my ladies just posted behid the bar. GC, HS, NL some of them read but its still not certain what else but I was strapped I had only came in to get some medicine. Oh well I was certain I would be done with they're new home and watch my Lakers win (yeahhh bitch) but when I swang back around they where closed.

So tomorrow morning will be the big update.

Hope some people stay tuned because this is about to get juicy.

For now all we can do is :bongin: and keep it g.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s"]YouTube- Eminem - Not Afraid[/ame]

8. Update!!

Week 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a049hQtRH3k]YouTube - HippieLifestyle#1[/ame]

9. So there's my ladies.
    Alot of work has been put in but I cant say it wasn't as easy or as hard as I thought. Still some crinks that need to be straightend out. I picked up 2 more plants since recording that portion of the video. One white widow and one DJ Shorts Blueberry, The DJSBB is dying. but i'll keep it in there for now to see if it kick starts once the nutrients drain.

The temps where high in the room running as close to 90 sometimes but staying consistant at 81 still too high. But I made a purchase that took care of that. Will be in the next update.

So for now we wait. Im still taping up wires and figuring out so nothing is final for now but pretty soon they will be....and till then... all we can do is :bongin: and keep it G.

One Love
    Keep One Rolled

10. 1200w woah love it bro keep it real man!! that is some pro setup ya got there love it:hello: better than my 250w cfl :p

+rep

11. thanks bro. i spent alot of time on research and alot more money. appreciate the kind words...

12. i tried to take pics but out of all the plants the small mendo afgoo is sexy righ behind qurkle...mendo has little hairs sprouting already and is very healthy...when i first got the hindu she was very yellow she's starting to like her new home same with the green crack.

i topped the hindu which i probably dont need to cuz she's a bushy bitch but i never did i before. and i femmed the GC. both are coming in with new growth when they get older im going to do it again.

the chem is looking a little on the downside but no worries with that one.

white widow is lookin like a squaty little thing beautiful though

i have a couple questions though...right now i have only one light running continuously. but its on the timer as i was going to go 18/6. so im going to put the timer on the vent fan and move it down next to the first light and center that one while in vegging or until i start cloning. when i hit 12/12 im throwing both hps in there no question. but the quesion is how long intervals should i set he fan at considering im moving the ac to the thermostat/humidity controller and the fan to the timer

13. Hey Flip! Your question cracked me up! I was expecting it to end with, "so what was the bus driver's name?"!

You're basically wondering what a good vent schedule would be, right?

I don't really know the answer, although I'm almost positive that it's covered in my Cannabis Grow Bible. If someone else doesn't provide you an answer, I'll try to look it up for ya later today and let you know what it says.

14. Mutha fuckin Cali's in the house!!!!!

Hey bro, good to see another Cali grower here. You norcal, socal?

You'll have a nice space to work with, and with those lights you should be able to pump out some buds too.

Cali summers are hard on my plants indoors. I end up having to run A/C and exhaust fans which suck all humidity from the air. Even with a humidifier I seem to always have humidity problems. I am still working on a way to keep those levels higher, around 45 to 50% would be ideal during the day. The more equipment you run, the more heat builds up which has to be dealt with by other equipment, the vicious cycle.

I'm already ready for fall to hit again, I wish I could just take the summer off.....

15. @MX yeah bro im looking for a decent schedule for my fan like right now imma run it at every 15 and see how that goes. and yeah my question was worded funny lol i got so much shit running around in my head lol

@ironlung253 thanks for stopping by my man. yeah cali's deep in here im socalin' it, how bout u? and yeah i bought a A/C and it knocked out all those problems the humidity and temp are perfect now. hopefully we can work together and figure out ur humidity problem this summer bro.

i got some work to put in today. get high of course is a part of the plan. but after today things should be straightened out for about a week or so. also need to set up the rez and move the lighting around also clean up all my electrical cords and tape them up

16. I'm in Norcal man.
    I'm thinking the equipment I have installed right now has a lot to do with it. I have been building up my grow to the point where I can finally get a decent harvest, which meant beefing up fans and whatnot to compensate for bigger lights. It hasn't been easy to get my hands on all the equipment I have at this point. I use a 4x8 tent, and I think the problem is I don't have enough plants in it. I'm hoping once I really fill the tent which should be in just a few weeks, the humidity levels will rise to the point where I need to run the big fans and shit I have going right now.

There's a link to it in my sig when I post, check out my grow sometime. I will be running 1000 watts on a light mover soon here...

17. how often do you check your room

18. Hey Flip.

I tried looking up the vent schedule recommendations in the grow bible, but couldn't really find any specifics. They talk about venting, but not about scheduling it (that I could find).

They do show some plans for a grow cab that shows the vent fan running off the same timer as the lights, indicating the plants should get fresh air the whole time the lights are on. I do believe that this should be the general rule, but with exceptions of course. I run mine all the time, even with the lights off because my humidity quickly builds up. But if low humidity were ever to become a problem, I could start scheduling the ventilation until I found the right balance.

Since you have A/C and humidity climate control systems, I'm sure your grow area would have exceptions as well. I think you should run them all the time or at least all the time your lights are on, and if that presents any sort of a problem (like keeping your temps or humidity in check), start scheduling them as required.

Sorry, man. I thought I was going to be able to give you a definitive answer out of the book.

19. your answer helps a ton bro. main problem is that its noisy even though i have my doctors rec. i still dont want the whole neighborhood in my business lol. not noticably noisy but noisy non the less... i guess i'll just keep everything the way it is.

what i remember from the book is that it said to hook the vent to the therm. controller so that it keeps light cool and if the room reaches the desired temp the fan turns on and sucks that hot air out.

problem being with the A/C in there the desired temp is always going to be controlled so the vent would never be on thus the canopy getting hot and the carbon filter not being put into use.

so now that i think about it im going to just switch everything around and leave the vent fan on for 45 minutes at a time with 15 minutes off also thinking about using electricity efficiency here even though i wont really know how everything is pulling until i get the bill