**400w Diesel Ryder Grow in Secret Jardin DR60** First Legit Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HIGH HELICOPTER, May 4, 2010.

1. #1 HIGH HELICOPTER, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
    Hello my fellow GC community members!
    I hope to gain knowledge from all of you established growers to a fellow newbie.
    For a newbie however i do have more past experience than that of others but consider myself a beginner still because i have NOT yet to grow some buds that are up to standards and smokeable.
    This grow i hope to change that statement.

This will be my first real grow with good equip.
    I had a shitty CFL grow which basically did nothing but waste seed from tude's.
    The beans ill be dropping are Diesel Ryder Normal not femmed.
    Hopefully they will be females.

I have a 400w cool tube setup running in a Secret Jardin Dr60. From research i found for dense nugs you need at least 400w and i also learned there was no way to run it in a 2x2 dr60 unless running a cool tube. Correct me if im wrong.

I will be using the following equipment:

***Lighting:
    400w cool tube digital ballast with EYE hortilux blue bulb and HPS.

***Exhaust:
    185CFM Vortex Inline 4 inch with fan speed controller

***Grow Medium:

FoxFarm Ocean Forest 3 gallon pots 10% Perlite 10% Vermiculite

***Odor Control:
    OrganicAir Carbon filter 4 inch

***Beans:

Diesel Ryder (Automatic)(Soma's New York City Diesel x Lowryder 2)

***Nutrients:

Humboldt Nutrients

Any help from you all will be much appreciated.

Heres some pics of the setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dog is such a G.

Thanks for lookin!:smoking:

2. Looks like you are on the right track!

3. Whats up Helicopter???

Nice setup, this is what I want my setup to look like except for the cooltube..... butttttttt its lookin sweet, I'll be pullin up a chair to see the magic happen.

Have you ever tried the smart pots before??? I think thats what I wanna run in my setup, but it will be kinda hard to find up here i think. May have to order it :devious:

But yeah, its lookin good mang, jealous of the setup. lol!

4. Nice little setup, Got my chair for this! Great job. Love the DR60!

5. Thanks So much to everyone for responding!!
    I will make sure to visit and leave my 2CENT on all of your grows!

They seem to still be doing excellente.

However now that im in soil im having trouble determining how much water to dump. I have a moisture meter that should be here this week sometime so that will defeat that problem im hoping.
    If anyone was wondering about pricing for everything if you were planning to get thats one thing i left out.

Tent $110
    MH blue bulb $90
    Cool tube plus ballast = ebay = 199.99 (I thought this was an excellent deal for a digital ballast that runs hps and mh)
    Inline fan vortex=$100.00

Organic air Carbon filter=$80.00
    Ducting soil pots = 60.00
    Humboldt Nutes=$100.00
    Mondi mist sprayer and accessories=$75.00

Hopefully the investment pays off

Dude i was really contemplating on getting the smart pots the concept looks simple but genius i was just worried about the roots that grow on the outside of the pots...couldnt this cause damage?!

Does anyone know where to go to thumbnail these pics with the hosting sites im going to theyre not working.

:smoking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lookin good bro goood to see a 400watter out there

7. Any ideas out there on how to make these grow faster in this stage of life?
    Seems to be going really slow is it just slower in the begginning stages?

HA might sound dumb but for real these things are going soooo sloowww

I started them from germed seeds about a week ago and they have been under 400MH hortilux blue since then.

I know CFL are best for cutting stage but i cant see why this bulb wouldnt do work as well.

Could i be watering too much?

Any help is much appreciated thanks!

8. Helicopter,
    those smart pots are good because once those roots try n grow out the side holes is when the air "naturally prunes" them.. This is good because it stops the little roots, n beefs up the bigger ones and encourages new smaller ones on em.....

I think thats the science behind it, but im not exactly too sure. \

As far as over watering your seedlings that my be what u are doing wrong, dont let this stage get you too anxious, it does take a while for these babies to hit the gas pedal. How often are you watering?

I'm not really a soil expert, but from what i've read, you shouldnt really have to water them untill they get the third set of leaves comin in???

I know one good technique to help u with watering... If you stick ur half ur finger down in the soil, if it feels moist then ur good, if not then water.

Just remember, every strain is different, nonetheless every plant is different whether they be the same strain or not. ;)

Hope this helps out at all.. but if anything juss check some other peeps out in soil... aight mang!

Happy growin!! N Happy Tokin!!! oh yeah, happy Cinco De Mayo!

9. Love the Setup!!!!!

10. Petey thanks for all the info brotha man.
    I got a moisture meter finally today so shouldnt have that issue no more.
    Yea i figure they are starting to pick up on growth now!
    I have to get used to it because next time im not going Autoflower.
    Got these today from attitudes!
    Gotta love attitudes.

Trying to be patient but im getting SOO fucking tired of paying $50 for 3.5 grams of DECENT chronic nothing spectacular. Their should be a mid level chronic price for all the douchebag's that think they have actual chronic and really just have weed thats not bricked up and looks like midgrade.

Dr Green thumb.
    The DR60 Is sick man i agree and i love it so far.

HERE ARE THE NEW PRICES FOR ALL MOFUCKA's Trying to sell maybe someone will see this that i cop from. most likely not.

GOOD CHRONIC = $50.00
    Bull shit shwag that you pass as chronic that isnt= $30.00
    Mids= $20.00

THERE HAS TO BE A GD MEDIAN!:devious:

I want to make these pictures thumbed but every hosting site i try only the direct link code work the thumbnail html just gives me an x when i try to use GC's image software.

[​IMG]

11. Edit your pix down to 800 x 600

You damn sure are on the right track, I'd say!

We're hoping to adopt some young girls very soon.

12. lmao no fuckin way did i just dee a strain seed called :the church hahaha.
    anyhow i waz just wondering how you got the exhaust fan set up cz i been lookin into that but i haventfound anything that helps:/

13. #16 HIGH HELICOPTER, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    yep da church.
    shit looks chron it was a freebie.

I just have 4 inch ducting running from the fan then pushing through the light and blowing all of the hot air exhaust out the top

14. I subscribed...were at the same stage (your a few days ahead of me)

15. I got diesel ryder seeds coming in the mail. I'm sub'd! Good luck :smoking:

16. Word id say i planted them may 1st
    You doing a journal whats the link?

Thanks for subscribing
    Last time i grew it in a tiny ass little box and it looked dank till i dryed and cured then it just smelled like hay. But i wasnt in soil and i was using CFL the whole time not a 400w HID setup haha.

Hopefully this time will be more exciting

17. Im running 24/0 with a hortilux blue MH.
    No nutrients yet.

Anything i should know?